Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 11:36, The Bear said:

Picard was shite. It wasn't Trek, just a bunch of well known characters shoehorned into a crap sci-fi story. 

JL Picard wasn't anyone important any more. Just some old duffer who went around acting like a social worker whilst getting shouted at and blamed for everything. 

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I managed 1min and 45sec of that, before i could not take his voice any longer. I get its all opinions and that but he was banging on about Discovery being crap and i really enjoyed that. 

I tried Discovery, lost interest and never bothered after 3 to 4 episodes, then again, I grew up on the original show of which I have some DVDs, the movies, TNG, DS9 and Voyager, of which I have all the DVDs but these new shows really do not say anything to me, Kurtzman just can not write good Trek in my opinion.

If peeps enjoy them, cool but to me they are not Trek, I'll stick to my older, better shows.

If you have not seen it, try a 90s show called Babylon 5, the first season can be hard to get into since they have to set everything up, introduce a ton of characters and start pushing a story but it is really good sci-fi, though the last season was a bit messed up due to Pokémon, believe it or not :)

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Interesting and thank you for that, my initial guess was Clementine but i'm wavering towards Teddy now after watching that. 

There is definitely something going on with the timelines, reality and who is who, so many probable clues in these first three episodes and a number of characters have yet to interact or even have shown up yet.

With Delores and Caleb being the main characters thus far, we've had Bernard in Ep.1, Maeve in Ep.2 and now Charlotte in Ep.3, I'm betting William will feature next week. :)

Eventually got around to binging Better Call Saul. 

I'm surprised some have said it's better than BB - not for me (yet) but I've only done S1 & S2.

I just think it's been a bit dragged out with HHM, Kim, Chuck etc. and flash back's to Jimmy in Chicago. I know it's all character development but it could be done in half the episodes IMO.

Mike is the best for me and I'm enjoying his scenes the most. Hopefully when Jimmy becomes Saul and Gus Fring is introduced it might liven up a bit.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm surprised some have said it's better than BB - not for me (yet) but I've only done S1 & S2.

I just think it's been a bit dragged out with HHM, Kim, Chuck etc. and flash back's to Jimmy in Chicago. I know it's all character development but it could be done in half the episodes IMO.

Mike is the best for me and I'm enjoying his scenes the most. Hopefully when Jimmy becomes Saul and Gus Fring is introduced it might liven up a bit.

I’m with you, mate. 

I binned it after series 2. 

It just seemed a bit forced for me, and nowhere near as sharp as BB. 

But it has a mass following, and I think we’re in the minority!! 

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I enjoy it, but I do think they are trying to drag out his transition into Saul. That's what people are watching it for, they want see him turn bad, but they can't just do it in a season or it's show over, but equally if they drag it out too long people will get fed up. Suppose that's always the difficultly with any prequel. Haven't watched any of this season yet. 

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

I’m with you, mate. 

I binned it after series 2. 

It just seemed a bit forced for me, and nowhere near as sharp as BB. 

But it has a mass following, and I think we’re in the minority!! 

I couldn't stick with it either. BB was possibly my favourite ever TV, I've watched it all twice. But I found BCS much slower, it just didn't hold my attention enough. 

I may try it again, but with so much decent TV to watch these days there seems little point in trying to persevere with something that doesn't grab me 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think it's absolutely brilliant and this series has been incredible. 

Stick with it as when you get to the latter part the story of Saul is fantastic and the drug war between the Salamancas and the Fring crew are pretty riveting.

Even if you don't carry it through you have to watch the opening episode of each series just to see the flash forwards of Saul Goodman in Nebraska.

58 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Tried to like it but got bored very quickly. Stuck it out for 2 seasons then gave up. To slow moving for me whereas BB always had something going on. For me personally the 2 programs are not in the same league. But each to their own if people enjoy it so be.