Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

The Wire is great. I'm still a bit unsure of the Port Authority season (was it S2?) but still a really good show. 

It was the first time I'd seen Idris Elba, and I just assumed he was an American, that's how good he was in it. 

Yeah, the series about the dockers Union was a bit boring, but it was exceptional TV. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Wire is great. I'm still a bit unsure of the Port Authority season (was it S2?) but still a really good show. 

It was the first time I'd seen Idris Elba, and I just assumed he was an American, that's how good he was in it. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Yeah, the series about the dockers Union was a bit boring, but it was exceptional TV. 

Agree S2 wasn't as great as the rest and actually the final series got a bit OTT at times. My favourite series was 4 with the schools - outstanding.

So what to watch next? Done BB, BCS, The Shield, SOA, Soprano's etc. so a bit stuck now.

Any recommendations anyone?

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Agree S2 wasn't as great as the rest and actually the final series got a bit OTT at times. My favourite series was 4 with the schools - outstanding.

So what to watch next? Done BB, BCS, The Shield, SOA, Soprano's etc. so a bit stuck now.

Any recommendations anyone?

Can highly recommend Boardwalk Empire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Simon Amstel was a smug little ****. Funny but needed a smack round the gob more than once. 

I can accept Wolves fans coming in here, no problems with that but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Seriously, the Donny toret and Preston episodes are still the pinnacle of panel shows. 

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I can accept Wolves fans coming in here, no problems with that but we have to draw the line somewhere.

Seriously, the Donny toret and Preston episodes are still the pinnacle of panel shows. 

Amstell was brilliant. Couldn't watch it with Mark Lamarr but as soon as Amstell took over it was the best thing on TV for a short while.

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The 30 for 30 sports documentaries are top notch

Just watching 42-1 about James Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also enjoyed the ones about John Daley, Tonya Harding, the Dukes University Lacrosse team and Tyson v Holyfield 

This sounds Interesting...tell me it's on netflix please???

6 hours ago, Raj said:

This sounds Interesting...tell me it's on netflix please???

Sorry, BT Sport for me 

On the 42-1 documentary a bookie was telling how one punter bet $160,000 dollars on Tyson to beat Douglas for a potential return of $4,000

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I'm getting into Outback Truckers on Quest 5pm weekdays.

Watched it by accident, not the kind of thing that I would normally go for but it's actually really good, particularly the truckers themselves.  Proper outback units with more than a hint of Wolf Creek about them with nicknames like Sudge, Bumpa and Turbo.   The show follows them as they try to get their huge road trains across the dirt roads of the outback and all the problems they encounter.

Perhaps better than I've made it sound.

Anybody seen Chicago PD?

Watched the first couple of episodes and undecided. Like the fast pace of it but can't get into the characters yet.

Looks like there's loads of series so could be bingeable..

On 17/08/2020 at 19:56, Mike Oxlong said:

The 30 for 30 sports documentaries are top notch

Just watching 42-1 about James Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson. Also enjoyed the ones about John Daley, Tonya Harding, the Dukes University Lacrosse team and Tyson v Holyfield 

Big fan of these. Depending the sport you like, you should absolutely also watch the following. They are all utterly compelling.

Vick - In-depth, two part look at Michael Vick

Nature Boy - Ric Flair's almost unbelievable life, what a guy

The Two Bills - The relationship between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick

This Was the XFL - A look at Vince McMahon's XFL in 2001, and how it was doomed to failure from the start

Chasing Tyson - Evander Holyfield's quest to take MT on

Trojan War - How the USC College Football team rose and fell (spectacularly) in the early 00's

Four Falls of Buffalo - A look at the Buffalo Bills when they lost four superbowls in a row

June 17th, 1994 - OJ Simpson, World Cup, NBA Finals - all in one day. Brilliant.

Who Killed the USFL - A look at the ill-fated NFL rival of the 1980's. Especially worth a watch if you want to see Donald Trump shown up as a terrible businessman.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Big fan of these. Depending the sport you like, you should absolutely also watch the following. They are all utterly compelling.

Vick - In-depth, two part look at Michael Vick

Nature Boy - Ric Flair's almost unbelievable life, what a guy

The Two Bills - The relationship between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick

This Was the XFL - A look at Vince McMahon's XFL in 2001, and how it was doomed to failure from the start

Chasing Tyson - Evander Holyfield's quest to take MT on

Trojan War - How the USC College Football team rose and fell (spectacularly) in the early 00's

Four Falls of Buffalo - A look at the Buffalo Bills when they lost four superbowls in a row

June 17th, 1994 - OJ Simpson, World Cup, NBA Finals - all in one day. Brilliant.

Who Killed the USFL - A look at the ill-fated NFL rival of the 1980's. Especially worth a watch if you want to see Donald Trump shown up as a terrible businessman.

Have since watched the Real Rocky about the fighter that the Rocky films were based on, The Two Escobars  and the Ric Flair documentary

The series is very good and I don’t think you even have to be a fan of the featured sport to enjoy them as the stories and characters are so interesting 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

On 14/08/2020 at 19:03, The Bear said:

I hated Season 2 on my first watch, but after my 3rd I genuinely think it's up there with the best seasons. 5 Is without doubt the worst I think

• Like 1