Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

13 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

If anyone's written off the new Spitting Image on the grounds that the trailers were s***, I'd give it a go. Really enjoyed the first full episode.

Really want to see this but understand it's on something called Britbox? Looks like another subscription service though on top of Netflix, Sky and Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Really want to see this but understand it's on something called Britbox? Looks like another subscription service though on top of Netflix, Sky and Amazon Prime.

It is yeah. Must admit I don't really use any other streaming service though, I think it's about £6 a month.

• Thanks 1

On 02/10/2020 at 20:16, RobHawk said:

Not sure if it was this thread or the Netflix thread, bit Mortimer and Whitehouse go fishing was an incredible shout. Smashed all 3 series in a few evenings. 

Always been a fan of Bob Mortimer anyway but the whole show is just lovely. Reminded me very much of the detectorists, but a reality version. 2 friends, outside with their hobbies, laughing and talking shit. 

Loved it!

It's also led me to restart the detectorists which is also incredible.

Loved The Detectorists. It really did it for me in the sense of TV that just makes you smile and enjoy. Even more so than WHAM Go Fishing. 

Edited by The Bear

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Loved The Detectorists. It really did it for me in the sense of TV that just makes you smile and enjoy. Even more so than WHAM Go Fishing. 

It's beautiful, lovely and heartwarming TV that is unlike any other TV series I've ever seen. Funny too, but in a natural way. This is my 6th or 7th time watching it. 

McKenzie crook is a genius in my book

On 02/10/2020 at 20:16, RobHawk said:

It's also led me to restart the detectorists which is also incredible.

21 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'd never heard of the Detectorists until I read your posts.

Watched the first three episodes of S1 last night and really, really enjoyed it. 

Great recommendation, thanks :thumbup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Anyone watched the American true crime thing on Netflix yet? Family next door or something. I’ve seen something to do with that case before, it’s ****ed up. 

I watched about 15 minutes of it, realized who the killer was and gave up.

On 04/10/2020 at 17:54, The Bear said:

Toby Jones is great. And McKenzie Crook's girlfriend is Diana Rigg's daughter. 

Also Toby Jones is the son of the great Freddie Jones who starred with Diana Rigg in a brilliant episode of The Avengers (shown recently on ITV 4 I think).

I'm obviously late to the party but hey.

Just finished The Wire for the second time. Being a bit worried i wouldnt like it as much as the first time around, but man. Its just so good.

Fifth season is perhaps a bit lower in quality but the rest is just pure 10's. 

Bubbs might be my favourite character ever.

Omar and his storyline - great.

McNulty and his hatred towards bureaucracy - whats not to love?

And Bunk. Such a legend.

... and then there's like 30 more characters to love. Dont get me started with Prop Joe and the gangsters.

Now im gonna rewatch another David Simon show - Tremé.

Its a 10 as well. And i need more Bunk.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2020 at 14:03, RonnieTodger said:

Started watching Schitt's Creek. Pretty funny to be fair.

I'm late to the party on this too. About halfway through the second series.

Not as funny as people suggested but it's gentle and fun so far so I'm sticking with it. The short episodes help too.

On 06/10/2020 at 14:28, Manini said:

Anyone watched the American true crime thing on Netflix yet? Family next door or something. I’ve seen something to do with that case before, it’s ****ed up. 

On 06/10/2020 at 16:31, Tuna said:

I watched about 15 minutes of it, realized who the killer was and gave up.

Didn't know about the case and was looking forward to it (if you know what I mean) given the hype about the doc.

Was hoping there'd be interesting twists and turns and sadly there weren't.

The poor kids especially. Genuinely grim.

@UpTheLeagueFoxtbh mate, having read a lot about that particular case, there’s not a lot of intrigue by the way of the actual case, just the actual act itself. It’s ****ing awful what he did when you think about it. There’s also a lot of talk now that his fancy woman had more to do with the murders than meets the eye, but that’s all it is, talk, at the end of the day there’s no way (now) of proving that she did. If you were asking me for my opinion now I’d say he was probably manipulated in some way shape or form, as i struggle to come to terms with her just coming home one night and him doing what he did, seemingly out of nowhere. 

There’s a good video on YouTube that uses the same clips and videos from the documentary, but it’s commentated over by a body language expert and it’s absolutely unreal. I’d go and watch that if you get chance and you can find it.