Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Gazza3 said:

I watched all 3 series but by the time I saw 5he third I couldn't, remember who had done what and when and where , third series didn't, help as all I kept hearing was the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning . I think it went a bit off track from the original and lost its way . Having i think 3 parallel worlds was a bit too much .

Did the apocalypse happen or not?  

I m not  losing any sleep over it though enjoyed the first 2 series but not the third

My missus and I re-watched seasons one and two before starting season three. I'd highly recommend waiting a while and re-watching it all again in a row.

I think you'd enjoy it, season three was pretty good, but I'd probably have been lost as well if I hadn't had a recap.

The yes/no answer to your main question is:

No.

On 14/08/2020 at 20:07, masterg59 said:

Jeff Schlupp is o QoS on BBC 1 now.

A very random choice of a guest panelist!   How did Jeff get on?

On 19/08/2020 at 15:07, murphy said:

I'm getting into Outback Truckers on Quest 5pm weekdays.

Watched it by accident, not the kind of thing that I would normally go for but it's actually really good, particularly the truckers themselves.  Proper outback units with more than a hint of Wolf Creek about them with nicknames like Sudge, Bumpa and Turbo.   The show follows them as they try to get their huge road trains across the dirt roads of the outback and all the problems they encounter.

Perhaps better than I've made it sound.

That reminds me of Ice Road Truckers which had the same premise but the truckers were transporting the cargos during the winter seasons so lot of snow and ice etc.    That were from few years back but a compelling watch!  

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Is Wallender any good ...   Mrs CF wants to start on the series ...   never seen it before.   

Doesn’t want to watch Breaking Bad again ...  or Band of Brothers !! ....   miserable cow !

I liked the books 

The Haunting of Bly Manor teaser is out now-  it is from the same director who made The Haunting of Hill House and will have some of same cast (in different roles like Americian Horror Story)-    The Haunting of Hill House took me by the surprise with strong storyline along inevitable hauntings-  do give this a watch first.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Blur said:

The Haunting of Bly Manor teaser is out now-  it is from the same director who made The Haunting of Hill House and will have some of same cast (in different roles like Americian Horror Story)-    The Haunting of Hill House took me by the surprise with strong storyline along inevitable hauntings-  do give this a watch first.  

The trailer bored me.

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The trailer bored me.

I reckon the teaser's main aim is to stoke up hype for the viewers who watched the first season and there are many on here who raved about it if I recall correctly. 

You do have a point although-  if people who have never watched the first season watched the teaser then they might think the series is nothing special.   Not sure if you have watched the first season or not although-  I reckon the full trailer would be more aimed at the wider population as it would be the one who get played on the Netflix app.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

I reckon the teaser's main aim is to stoke up hype for the viewers who watched the first season and there are many on here who raved about it if I recall correctly. 

You do have a point although-  if people who have never watched the first season watched the teaser then they might think the series is nothing special.   Not sure if you have watched the first season or not although-  I reckon the full trailer would be more aimed at the wider population as it would be the one who get played on the Netflix app.  

Nah, I haven’t seen the first. I’m not really into that sort of thing to be honest though.

16 minutes ago, sdb said:

Friday night dinner. Does it get good? 5 seasons suggests people enjoy it but 2 episodes in and i want to gouge my eyes out. Like a couple of 12 year olds wrote it after watching 5 mins of The Inbetweeners.

The Dad is great but pretty much everyone else is shit imo.

Just started watching Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. Confused and spooked.

Edited by RonnieTodger

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Got this Sheridan Smith thing on. 

Looking a bit rough. High maintenance bird, I reckon. No thanks.

She was nice in Two Pints Of Lager when she was younger. Cracking pair on her. 

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just started watching Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. Confused and spooked.

That's just been cancelled after one season. Didn't get good reviews in any case. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

She must be gutted at this. 

Normally id agree with your sarcasm and happily accept my place in the pecking order of pulling celebrity.... but looking at the complete no mark she's hooked up with off Tinder, I'd say around 80% of Foxes talk punters would stand a chance. 

And on that basis, it's a firm.no from.me. 😂

• Haha 3