Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Forest Post Match 2-2

For me Schlupp looked far better defensively than konch has all season.

Great leap, and more importantly great pace to prevent quick wide players, would have been great to see him against zaha/bolaise the other week as he may have been more effective.

But the dyer and schlupp partnership looks great, either can cover and either can attack, mainly due to their pace.

Let us not forget how far we have come in these first few months, we have an extremely young squad who will be with us for years to come, and NP will bolster the squad in jan/may.

We have been the best team in this league so far this season, a credit to the staff and players, but remember we are still a work in progress and short of the depth of quality which we need, and IMO we will get come jan/may.

Nevertheless, very pleased with the football we have played (reminds me very much of reading), pass short when we need to, or direct when we can, and most importantly we rarely overplay.

Very excited about the next 2-3 years, we all should be.

Bang on... Konch was awful for about 6 games and even now he's improved, he's average... Schlupp much better for me, not just because he can attack, but his all round game... It's no surprise that our domination of the game was all down the left.

Atleast I'm being honest.

If we'd be 3-1 up when the penalty was given or scored a winner after the penalty and the game finished 3-2 I almost gaurentee no one would be even mentioning the referee.

But we weren't, we were 2-1 up and two wrong decisions have had a crucial impact on the game. If we converted every chance we made, we'd be top of the premier league. Penalties are part of the game, like any set piece. Who's to say that but for the handball that shot (and as such can be classed as a ""chance"") wouldn't have gone in? The palace one definitely would have been a goal.

You don't just have to look at yourselves to be honest.

Okay. Everyone here has run for the hills, so i guess I'll have to rage at this machine now. Deeply frustrating afternoon. Forest were poor and we should have beaten them. Loads of reasons why we didn't over and above some unfortuntae breaks on the refereeing. Waghorn's confidence in front of goal is zero. His approach paly was okay, but i'm left thinking he';s a good squad player, but not a strating striker in a promotion winning team. No one player can continue to miss chances at such an alarming rate and expect to be picked, no matter how hard they work. Knocky's refusal to move the ball is as frustrating as it is brilliant when it comes off - he slows our play down significantly at times. Most alarming for me is that we have slipped back into the turgid world of dull and predictable 4-4-2. We had so much more sparkle to our play a month ago. It seems a dim and disatnt memory now. You have to win games to go up, not draw and right now I don't see us doing that with regularity. It's all gone flat for me, I'm afraid. Maybe the copious amounts of alcohol that are destined for the back of my throat will help ???? Echo the positivity around Schlupp and Dyer, though (first beer kicking in already it seems).

However bad the referee was, we onky have ourselves to blame for not taking our chances. 2 points from 12 is not good enough and we need to start picking up points soon and get back on the trail again

I agree to an extent but for me the referees mistake literally changed the game. I honestly believe we'd have gone on to win that game comfortably - Forest weren't in it and his **** up undeservedly brought them back in to it.

If we'd be 3-1 up when the penalty was given or scored a winner after the penalty and the game finished 3-2 I almost gaurentee no one would be even mentioning the referee.

Yes you are and we know what you mean, but you can't deny people altering the course of a game with poor decisions.

Are you actually thick? Or has DB11 hacked your account?

Positives:

- We're steadily improving and moving on from the Palace and Watford debacles.

- Waghorn is beginning to look like he did a few seasons back - control and intent today were fantastic. Should've scored with the effort cleared, no legislating for a Camp wonder save, though. Tireless work and great touches for our opener.

- Drinkwater and King work excellently in tandem with each other in the middle.

- Schlupp looks more than capable of playing left back at this level. Fantastic display.

- Special mention to Lloyd Dyer. Not glamorous, strangely shaped and embarrassingly inconsistent - but I love the guy. Today was a good day, caused Forest problems.

- Nugent's goal was so perfectly executed it pained me.

Negatives:

- I'm all for giving players time, especially when they've been highly rated at other clubs - but how long can we persist with Whitbread? The penalty decision was a bad one - but that aside there was some iffy decision making from him.

- Officials. Getting bored of this now.

- Nuge's injury. Hopefully nothing serious.

- Bar Knockaert's assist he gave the ball away very frequently and very cheaply at times. Solid display though.

- Marshall doesn't look confident at all.

More positives than negatives to draw from that showing, even if it is two points dropped. Onto the next game, fingers crossed we get a set of officials that know their arse from their elbow.

Ok here's my synopsis: Whitbread - did nothing wrong shit twat ref should be shot.

Waghorn works hard has skill but couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo!!

What worries me is come the end of the match we had NOTHING up front and a disinterested Marshall. Most if the names mentioned were players like Schlupp, king and waghorn (old school or what!!!) where are the NEW big names we were promised???!!

I wasnt that impressed with schlupp at left back. Think he would be a lot more suited to left Wing.

I thought Waghorn was great today, finishing aside, and Schlupp was a revelation at left-back, I'd stick him there regularly. Poor, poor decision

How does this work? two such differing opinions.... always amazes me, that!

Two points dropped.

I know the penalty was a poor decision but if we take just a few of our numerous changes at the other end the penalty is irrelevant.

Nugent's injury just highlights even more how much WE NEED A GOAL SCORER NOW!

For me this squad is really close to a promotion winning one, but without extra defensive cover and a goalscorer for me we will end up a little short.

Are you actually thick? Or has DB11 hacked your account?

No. Just sick of hearing the same excuses whenever we fail to win. Like I keep saying I hate referees as much as the next person and I am not saying they are right however almost every time we fail to win its the referees fault so with that in mind if all officials decisions were correct are these people saying we be winning almost every game?

It's like a bastard broken record people blaming referees whenever we fail to win, like Babylon says I also am like a broken record arguing against these people but I suppose that's like the irony of people moaning about me moaning.

I know we should have been 4-1 up or something but it doesn't excuse the penalty decision. I'd have been annoyed about it whatever the score.

Love the Schlupp & Lloyd left though. Dangerous going forwards and solid at the back. Waggy had a great game too, just needs a goal to get him going.

Positives:

- We're steadily improving and moving on from the Palace and Watford debacles.

- Waghorn is beginning to look like he did a few seasons back - control and intent today were fantastic. Should've scored with the effort cleared, no legislating for a Camp wonder save, though. Tireless work and great touches for our opener.

- Drinkwater and King work excellently in tandem with each other in the middle.

- Schlupp looks more than capable of playing left back at this level. Fantastic display.

- Special mention to Lloyd Dyer. Not glamorous, strangely shaped and embarrassingly inconsistent - but I love the guy. Today was a good day, caused Forest problems.

- Nugent's goal was so perfectly executed it pained me.

Negatives:

- I'm all for giving players time, especially when they've been highly rated at other clubs - but how long can we persist with Whitbread? The penalty decision was a bad one - but that aside there was some iffy decision making from him.

- Officials. Getting bored of this now.

- Nuge's injury. Hopefully nothing serious.

- Bar Knockaert's assist he gave the ball away very frequently and very cheaply at times. Solid display though.

- Marshall doesn't look confident at all.

More positives than negatives to draw from that showing, even if it is two points dropped. Onto the next game, fingers crossed we get a set of officials that know their arse from their elbow.

At 5'9 and 15.5st I would have been disapointed not to get a hand on that. He could have smiled for the camera as he flicked it

Whitbread is just trying too hard. He seems desperate to prove himself to city fans but his enery and enthuiasm is costing us.His heart and motivation are in the right place but Pearson needs to calm him down and remind him to do the simple things. His energertic "clear at all costs" has unfortunately cost us 2 pens (wrongly) and him a red card. Lets not jump on someones back for trying too hard, lets just get the management to calm the lad down. He definately has the ability and lets not forget the couple of decisive interceptions he made today.Negative comparison to SSL is to quick IMO.

Archived