Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Forest Post Match 2-2

Whitbread is just trying too hard. He seems desperate to prove himself to city fans but his enery and enthuiasm is costing us.His heart and motivation are in the right place but Pearson needs to calm him down and remind him to do the simple things. His energertic "clear at all costs" has unfortunately cost us 2 pens (wrongly) and him a red card. Lets not jump on someones back for trying too hard, lets just get the management to calm the lad down. He definately has the ability and lets not forget the couple of decisive interceptions he made today.Negative comparison to SSL is to quick IMO.

Heart and motivation are all well and good but being a liability is being a liability - which, at present, he is. As I've said, I'm all for giving players time and have defended him on numerous occasions, mainly due to the reputation he brought with him from Norwich. I want him to do well, I want him to succeed, and I'm clinging to the hope that this is him at his worst, but he's shown very little (with us) to suggest he's good enough for where we want to be (so far). That's not debatable.

I'd love for him to show the class all the fans in Norwich were banging on about - must be in his locker somewhere.

At 5'9 and 15.5st I would have been disapointed not to get a hand on that. He could have smiled for the camera as he flicked it

Whitbread is just trying too hard. He seems desperate to prove himself to city fans but his enery and enthuiasm is costing us.His heart and motivation are in the right place but Pearson needs to calm him down and remind him to do the simple things. His energertic "clear at all costs" has unfortunately cost us 2 pens (wrongly) and him a red card. Lets not jump on someones back for trying too hard, lets just get the management to calm the lad down. He definately has the ability and lets not forget the couple of decisive interceptions he made today.Negative comparison to SSL is to quick IMO.

I was thinking the same about camp. Made it look better than it was.

Not sure about nugents goal either. Great finish but looked a bit flukey. Ill give him the benefit though

Whitbread is the same as mills, waggy was woeful. The team didnt have a clue when Nuggy went off gotta be honest played ok but not great florist were poor Pearson needs to sort out the team when we need to push on again thought he was clueless

Waghorn woeful? I'm sorry but I am not having that. The lads all round game was great today, lacking confidence in front of goal yes. But his hold up play, chasing and link up was excellent. Nugent got a goal but his all round game was nothing like Waghorns.

I found it exceptionally promising. If the lad can get a goal I think he can kick on. You can see his game improving now.

People slagging off Waggy i get because he carnt score at the min,and playing up top i suppose thats what his job boils down to,but personaly i think his all round game is getting better by the game.We have to stick with him because the guy has so much talant and thats what we need,skilful players as well as players who give everything and i think he does that as well.

Nobody slagging Andy King today,i think thats basicaly down to people actually forgetting he is on the pitch.Sorr, dont get him at all,Alan Young always going on about his movement off the ball,OFF THE BALL,but never on it.

Just don't rate Whitbread. Decent in the air, but he looks slow. Comes into the team we conceded, doesn't play at Bolton and we drew 0-0, comes back into the team and we concede two. Every time he is our last centre half, one on one, I panic.

Waghorn woeful? I'm sorry but I am not having that. The lads all round game was great today, lacking confidence in front of goal yes. But his hold up play, chasing and link up was excellent. Nugent got a goal but his all round game was nothing like Waghorns.

I found it exceptionally promising. If the lad can get a goal I think he can kick on. You can see his game improving now.

yes he did play well today,runs,set ups and positioning very good,but I'm getting a tad worried about his form infront of goal to be honest,yes some good saves have gone against him,but he has missed some sitters.its not good enough I'm afraid and I'm sure if his name was Beckford you would have a different story to tell.Be honest with yourself it's true,I'm willing him to score but it ain't happening.Hope it changes soon because if Nugent is out(don't know if it will be the case)he really needs to step up and of course if he is low on confidence the pressure will be mounting.i do see/hear the rest of is game is good as a positive.

Surprised people have been so positive about our central midfielders today. Drinkwater did okay but I thought King was off colour and didn't track the runner for their first.

Agreed, Marshall did poorly when he came on, hopefully he can recapture some form, but pluses are Schlupp who had a fantastic game likewise Dyer. I am not convinced by Waghorn at all when you get a chance you have got to take it, you could argue that was the turning point in the game.

Heart and motivation are all well and good but being a liability is being a liability - which, at present, he is. As I've said, I'm all for giving players time and have defended him on numerous occasions, mainly due to the reputation he brought with him from Norwich. I want him to do well, I want him to succeed, and I'm clinging to the hope that this is him at his worst, but he's shown very little (with us) to suggest he's good enough for where we want to be (so far). That's not debatable.

I'd love for him to show the class all the fans in Norwich were banging on about - must be in his locker somewhere.

Michael, I cannot argue with you as the stats back up everyting you say. But having watched SSL and ZW in both Leicester shirts and world cup shirts :), my honest opinion is that Zak is quicker, better poitioned, more mobile, and more focused. Anyway, if you are right, SSL comes in and we keep countless clean sheets then fantastic. But if I was the manager and could calm Zak down and get him to defend simple that would be my first choice. I guess that is what managers are paid for. btw I thought Trevor Benjamin was good so you can guess my ability. But I did win FFL against 15 , ha :)

yes he did play well today,runs,set ups and positioning very good,but I'm getting a tad worried about his form infront of goal to be honest,yes some good saves have gone against him,but he has missed some sitters.its not good enough I'm afraid and I'm sure if his name was Beckford you would have a different story to tell.Be honest with yourself it's true,I'm willing him to score but it ain't happening.Hope it changes soon because if Nugent is out(don't know if it will be the case)he really needs to step up and of course if he is low on confidence the pressure will be mounting.i do see/hear the rest of is game is good as a positive.

Be honest with myself? Beckford has Put in that kind of all round play about twice in a Leicester shirt. Thats honest.

Beckford played 49 games, offerered nothing for the team and scored in about 10 games. Waghorn has started about half a dozen games in a year, you can see his game improving weekly. If he doesn't start scoring then fair enough, but whilst you can see improvement he needs time.

His all round play was much like his first season. The goals need to come no doubt, but he's looking like he might get back to how he was.

We bossed the game, Waggy excellent and unlucky today needs a goal for confidence!Dyer & Schluupp excellent Nuges goal class from him and Knocky All round just better than them even with our missing players. NP rightly fuming and refreshing to see such honesty from O'Driscoll.Replayed key points when I got home and we're not getting the rub of green from Referees atall :facepalm: If we continue playing like this we will beat a lot more teams than we lose too :chant:

Good performance on the most part.

Once Nugent went off and we kept hoofing the ball to Waghorn (who was dwarfed by their back 3) we were never going to score. Shame because this was the one match that looked perfect for Futacs to make an appearance.

Poor penalty decision.

Archived