Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Riot Van

Schmeichel to go then?

Sunderland fans wouldn't be keen.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=787663

I find it strange that his dad comes into it at all. I can understand it would be a big step up but the guy who says he wouldn't be talked about by anyone in the top two divisions if it wasn't for his dad has had a shocker.

Personally I think, for his own development regardless of his contract situation, he needs another season at this level. He's only really had one outstanding season. That isn't about being desperate to keep him. I would take the money if it was decent.

Guest ttfn

Sunderland fans wouldn't be keen.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=787663

I find it strange that his dad comes into it at all. I can understand it would be a big step up but the guy who says he wouldn't be talked about by anyone in the top two divisions if it wasn't for his dad has had a shocker.

Personally I think, for his own development regardless of his contract situation, he needs another season at this level. He's only really had one outstanding season. That isn't about being desperate to keep him. I would take the money if it was decent.

Those guys don't have a clue.

It never ceases to amaze me that people consider themselves expert enough on players they see 6 or 7 times a season at most to write them off.

Sunderland could do a hell of a lot worse than Schmeichel. He's not a world beater but he could definitely do a solid job in the Premier League.

The whole 'he lives off his name' thing does my nut in. The only people who care about that work on Sky Sports.

I doubt the clubs employing him would forgive him for being shit just because his dad was good.

Archived