Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Show some respect.

While I'm pleased we are on the verge of signing a new leftback, I can't help noticing how much stick Konchesky is getting.

I actually think Konchesky is coming to the end of his sell by date, but that doesn't mean he hasn't put in many a decent shift for us previously, scored some spectacular goals and been a fan's favourite.  

Konchesky isn't the only player who began to attract criticism and abuse towards the end of his career. Wellens currently gets abuse, Oakley did and Paul Dickov did during the League One season.

Wouldn't it show so much more class if we took the end of player's careers with grace and showed a bit of respect for what they have done for us previously?  

I think we should show a little more respect.

While I'm pleased we are on the verge of signing a new leftback, I can't help noticing how much stick Konchesky is getting.

I actually think Konchesky is coming to the end of his sell by date

lol

Well put comment and completely agree, complete abuse and blame some of our players get after years of good service to us is a little sad to suddenly be turned upon like they are is very narrow minded

Players like Muzzy, Lennon, Sav and Heskey are so glad they moved on before we turned on them

I will never abuse a player, but I think Konchesky's legs/pace is letting him down now. Sometimes players can get away with that, but when you play in a position like full back, people start to notice it. I remember how Anya dominated Konchesky all game during our league game against Watford, for example.

He has had a great career, scored in an FA Cup final and played for England as well as some big clubs including Liverpool and West Ham, but I said this time last year we needed a new left back and now I'm pleased we've got one. I'm not going to abuse Konchesky, he's been ok for us and would probably still do a decent job for a mid table/lower end Championship team.

I'd never abuse players though, especially those who have been good for us, which Konchesky, Wellens, Oakley and especially Dickov all were.

Most fans recognise that he was one of Sven's better signings. He won't play as well as he did during 11/12 and we can't have a player like that on the kind of wages he commands (£20k+ a week) which explains people's eagerness to see him leave. I like him.

I don't know why this "movement" came up so quickly. Up until the mentioning of Bakayogo's name, I didn't really feel there was much antipathy directed towards Konchesky.

Suddenly we're on the verge of signing a "quick" left-back with some credentials to his name and somehow, our current squad members just aren't good enough any more.

Reminds me of this Consumer Culture. Everything's simply better only because it's new. :facepalm:

--------------------------------Kasper---------------------------------

---------------Moore---------Morgan--------Konch---------------

RDL-----------------James-----------King--------------Bakayogo

-------------------------------Knockaert-----------------------------

------------------------Wood----------Nugent

Still think Konch has a part to play.

Well put comment and completely agree, complete abuse and blame some of our players get after years of good service to us is a little sad to suddenly be turned upon like they are is very narrow minded

Players like Muzzy, Lennon, Sav and Heskey are so glad they moved on before we turned on them

I don't remember anyone ever turning on any of those players.

Savage granted but then he did run up to our away stand after he scored against us for Birmingham and kissed the Birmingham City badge, which after everything our club did for him was way out of line. 

Don't know why Konchesky is getting so much stick.

He just went from being one of our most consistent performers to one of our most inconsistent.

But he wasn't continuously bad for a whole season, he played well at times last season, and he played poor and proved to be a weak link.

He is worth keeping for rotation. 

I actually think Konchesky is coming to the end of his sell by date, but that doesn't mean he hasn't put in many a decent shift for us previously, scored some spectacular goals and been a fan's favourite.

Konchesky isn't the only player who began to attract criticism and abuse towards the end of his career. Wellens currently gets abuse, Oakley did and Paul Dickov did during the League One season.

Wouldn't it show so much more class if we took the end of player's careers with grace and showed a bit of respect for what they have done for us previously?

I think we should show a little more respect.

Well said tht man!! No need for any stick to any players who have done well for our club,

Fair enough if its Alan Rodgers we're talking about but we're not. Especially when konchesky is still part of our squad, he'll still be useful if he's still around in a . Long season with his experience even if he is slowing down

Archived