Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Thanks Nigel Part 2

When you were appointed in June 2008, I think the general feeling was underwhelming. You weren't glamourous or a big name, you weren't a character who made people laugh like Martin Allen or Ian Holloway. You took over a failing club, in a mess, with too many players. A club that was used to struggling.

And you came in and quietly stamped your authority, putting a team together that was hungry to achieve and you turned it around with professionalism. You gave us a divisional title and then a play-off, getting the very best out of an average squad.

You left and then came back, to a mixed reception. You struggled for a bit, then slowly put your stamp on the squad again and had us believing. We were 2nd in February last year, playing sparkling football. It went wrong after that but, even in our dark, depressing run, you still managed to end our hoodoo at the City Ground. We were close to Wembley again but it wasn't to be. But you never panicked and believed in what you were doing and belived in this squad.

And how it has paid off. You've delivered a glorious season whilst being much more media friendly. You've put out a team to be proud of, you've played some wonderful football and dominated a division. You've given us some fantastic away days this season.

Hopefully now you can continue the rise and get us established in the Premier League. Whatever happens, you've turned our club from a farcical, circus like environment in the third tier into a professional, ambitious club in the top 20 in the country.

You've had your faults but you've made the fans believe in their club again, you've made fans enjoy their football again.

Top man :scarf:

I had never been more excited to see us appoint a new manager when he came back. He's the only manager I've seen properly bring us success.

So glad we stuck with him and didn't listen to any of the boo-boys last season - well done for the owners to that. Paid off hugely.

Top man.

Brilliant manager and well done to the owners for seeing something in him and believing in him when many didn't last year.

I simply cannot see him failing in the Premier league. His management skills are second to none.

Fantastic year and all credit to EVERYBODY at LCFC but especially to Nigel Pearson and his right hand man, Shakey.

THANK YOU.

I admit when he first joined in 2008, I wasn't too 'excited'. But that feeling soon went. We were promoted at the first attempt, not just promoted but we walked the league. How many other big teams failed that task? Yet Nige walked into a poor squad and made us champions!

The following season was just as excitable; I'd never seen us in the play offs before. The final was on my 18th birthday, yes I was gutted we lost to Cardiff, but I thoroughly enjoyed another season under Nigel. Our Filbert away home was a fortress.

Genuinely gutted when he left for Hull. His squad was dismantled and we may be viewed as a joke club under the circus of Sven but no more. If I wanted one man to take over from Sven, it was Nigel. And he hasn't let us down! Rebuilt the squad, now we have some fine players. The Watford play off defeat was a bitter pill to swallow it was only the start of this season...

Four full seasons, two play off campaigns and two league titles. The best manager I've seen us under, and a guy I generally admire. I never doubted Pearson's ability, even through our rotting run last season, and I'm pleased it's come together for him, for the club and for us all.

10 years without top flight football but the wait is over. Sit back, enjoy it, drink it in. CHAMPIONS!!

Thank you, Nige.

I had never been more excited to see us appoint a new manager when he came back. He's the only manager I've seen properly bring us success.

So glad we stuck with him and didn't listen to any of the boo-boys last season - well done for the owners to that. Paid off hugely.

Top man.

Everything you've said here. Great post. Would +1 but on my phone.

Was so pleased when he came back and genuinely always believed he'd lead us to the Premier League. Best manager since MON and could go on to be outright the best.

Always loved Nige since the first appointment and was over the moon when he returned. Stability, vision and level-headedness in all departments. Never doubted him even in the darker days of last seasons collapse.

Long may he continue his reign here.

There was something that just felt right when he came back, even though he wasn't my first choice.

I remember feeling in May 2010 that this was just the start of a great period under him, and when he left for Hull I couldn't really believe it. He was THE Leicester manager for me, a man who gave me confidence, something no other City manager has given me since O'Neill when I was young and just expected us to be that good.

There was something about the situation which just felt 'unfinished'. Leicester City and Nigel were in the middle of something, our thing, and it had to be completed. Part of me refused to believe it was over.

It just feels right. It's always felt right. YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE FOR ME NIGEL :wub:

Archived