Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Did you go on the pitch...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get on the pitch?

• Yes
    • No

As said earlier, there can be a selfishness about some fans. It's all about 'they got a selfy with Drinkwater or selfy with whoever' - it really is irrelevant to them that some fans didn't get to see the players parade the trophy, or some of the players were scared for their family or others players and the management were annoyed by it all or a steward was serious injured by the first invasion. That's irrelevant - they had their enjoyment and that's all that matters. Once the players had left the playing area, if they wanted their moment of glory, they could have gone on then.

Think it would've been good if the stewards made a circle around the podium and the fans could come right up close. Probably would've just got too out of hand though.

Exactly, let the fans be apart of it, not pushed out the way.

Yeah, they should have done some sort of lap of honour or something.

Exactly, let the fans be apart of it, not pushed out the way.

by being there you are part of it.

No excuses for disrupting THE PLAYERS LAP of honour...not a fooking. excuse to act like chimps!

The first 'invasion' only ended up being a bit daft because there weren't enough people on the pitch. It's ok calling them twats etc but had others followed nothing would've been thought of it.,

Get over it.

The first invasion was ridiculous because the club were trying to set up the podium and equipment for the presentation. Quite why people felt the need to go on then was beyond me.

The second invasion was just stupid. The players were doing the lap of honour with their families, including babies and toddlers, and suddenly they had thousands of fans storming at them. It was so ridiculously unnecessary that people couldn't just restrain themselves.

I found both invasions quite embarrassing to watch in all honesty.

What summed up today for me was some of our selfish, moronic fans wanting run on the pitch whilst the stage was being set up, at the same time there were horrible scenes in the away end with one of their fans receiving CPR.

I've not got a problem with fans wanting to go on the pitch, and clearly neither did the stewards once the lap of honour was completed.

But once again some selfish fans ruined that for the players and their families and i don't think any of them completed it.

If your justification for running on was to get a photo with the players, then why not go to the ground early and wait for the players to arrive and have one then, or wait until they leave after the game. If your reason was to just get on the hallowed turf then do what the majority of the fans were doing and wait untl after the lap of honour was suppose to finish.

Either way I just hope the last time I get to see Kasper in a Leicester shirt isn't of him running off with his family because of fear of his families safety.

No but you can be a **** for ruining the lap of honour for the players and the fans. Could have waited two minutes while they finished then no-one would have a problem with it.

If he's dense enough not to understand it's not the walking on the ground that's the twattish part can you really blame him?

Not true. The thing that surprised me was fully grown men running on and dancing about like they were teenagers.

I can get the kids doing it, but the blokes (some with kids).. ?

The woman at the bottom of L1 had her leg broken because her dishit middle aged old man was trying to get them over the barrier. Pathetic.

Disgraceful from some of our lot today, for what? **** all, there was no need to be on the pitch what so ever until the players parade had finished. Would love to hear what some of the players really think!

by being there you are part of it.

No excuses for disrupting THE PLAYERS LAP of honour...not a fooking. excuse to act like chimps!

Again follow instructions and do as we are told, celebrate in a way you are told, I didn't get on the pitch, I did manage to get through a gap to the edge of the pitch, long after the invasion, but if I wasn't disabled I would go on, but what I did notice from the edge of the pitch, was many thousands of fans, young and old smiling, singing and having a good time, pitch invasions are terrible

If he's dense enough not to understand it's not the walking on the ground that's the twattish part can you really blame him?

Fvcksake. As if I'm getting accused of not understanding that.

I've been arguing against the idea that the pitch is 'just grass' for weeks. In my post I was actually pointing out what a silly idea it was to think like that.

It's just left me really pissed off on a day I should be happy and celebratory.

Then you have people completely oblivious to the fact they've ruined people's day.

Fvcksake. As if I'm getting accused of not understanding that.

I've been arguing against the idea that the pitch is 'just grass' for weeks. In my post I was actually pointing out what a silly idea it was to think like that.

I think you've missed the point again.

TBH it was all a bit shit. They presented the trophy in front of the West Stand, I only saw it on the screen. I couldn't even really see the players celebrating.

I really didn't feel like a pitch invasion myself, seeing Doncaster go down was sobering enough but I couldn't really enjoy myself at all with some poor bloke needing CPR in the away end.

I didn't really blame people for being on the pitch. It's their party too and frankly I wasn't even entertained enough by the post match shenanigans to stick around. After 'We are the Champions' I just left.

I don't agree with our fans calling them names and booing them though. They've paid good money, tried to have a bit of fun and didn't ruin anything worth seeing. It was just a short delay before the presentation inevitably happened. We've clapped the players at the end of every match so I'm not quite sure why people were so desperate for that.

I was disappointed that I was missing the second one when I listening to Radio Leicester on the way back though, it sounded pretty epic.

Glad the club let it happen at the right time. Clear that plenty of people wanted to get on and I'm pleased they got their chance to do so.

Those lines are both utter nonsense. As if you can be a **** for 'walking on grass' as the anti-fun brigade like to say. As if a players going to leave a club because of it.

Umm... just because people 'want' to do something, it doesn't mean they should be able to.

Did you see that steward come over and start laying into that bloke on the ground who his colleague was trying to restrain (Also by punching him) at the bottom of B1?

Saw some shocking breaches of stewardship today.

I saw that, no idea what the guy did to get pinned down but I saw the grey haired steward beating the shit out of the guy on the floor, causing people to then start dragging him off. Incredibley unprofessional, hope plenty of people got his ID number.

The point made by wakeyfox at 5:13.

Is it really so difficult not to just give me the information? Does it give you pleasure being so indirect?

I take his point, I would've preferred them to wait but there are some massive exaggerations about 'ruining people's' day being mentioned. It was a bit of a shame I agree but it isn't the biggest loss in the world.

Archived