Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Did you go on the pitch...

194 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get on the pitch?

• Yes
    • No

I thought it was a bit stupid to run on before the presentation, why not wait until after?

I did take my 11 year old son on second time round, after the lap of honour as he wanted me to take his photo on the pitch. The stewards said it was ok.

You managed the sensible thing, why can't the rest of the morons?

Think it would've been good if the stewards made a circle around the podium and the fans could come right up close. Probably would've just got too out of hand though.

You must be joking! Very stupid idea that. Things would of deffinately got out of hand :nigel:

Glad the club let it happen at the right time. Clear that plenty of people wanted to get on and I'm pleased they got their chance to do so.

No as I'm not a ****.

Kapser disappeared down that tunnel with his kid and the trophy like a shot.

Won't be seeing him again.

Those lines are both utter nonsense. As if you can be a **** for 'walking on grass' as the anti-fun brigade like to say. As if a players going to leave a club because of it.

That wouldn't have stopped it happening again...

No, but people may have got it out of their system... and the games were closer to when we gained promotion/champions, there wasn't anything to set up for and the players weren't planning on doing a lap of honour.

The money on the police wall around the pitch could have then been used for today's game when it was needed to protect the players and the presentation.

People were always going to get on the pitch at some point over the last few weeks, and the club didn't protect their stewards today.

Once people came forward from the stands and stood around the edge of the pitch it was a certainty.

I was sat at the bottom of B1. I had an operation on my leg due to a nerve and muscle condition at the start of March. I've been a season ticket holder since 1995, and was able to see the trophy being lifted, as myself and another guy in a wheelchair wheeled right up to the barriers. I hadn't a clue where the players were, as everyone decided to jump over the electronic boards and I couldn't see. So thank you. I've waiting 12 years, as many other people have. Could you not have just waited, 5 minutes whilst the players walk around with their kids? 

Anyways. Awesome day, just a shame Donny were relegated. 

Glad the club let it happen at the right time. Clear that plenty of people wanted to get on and I'm pleased they got their chance to do so.

Those lines are both utter nonsense. As if you can be a **** for 'walking on grass' as the anti-fun brigade like to say. As if a players going to leave a club because of it.

No but you can be a **** for ruining the lap of honour for the players and the fans. Could have waited two minutes while they finished then no-one would have a problem with it.

The club could have made it easier for themselves by telling everybody that there would be a chance to go on the pitch after the presentation. I agree that the initial "invasion" was awful, didn't feel light-hearted or fun in the slightest, and was an unnecessary delay on an already stretched post-match itinerary, but I doubt the people who went on would have gone on if they knew they would get a chance after the ceremony.

For those of you blaming the pitch invasion for the steward's injury: I feel sorry for the steward in many ways but, having been doing steward and even security work for the last few years, including a lot of stadium jobs, I make two observations. The first is that most of these stewards are unbadged and not instructed at all to physically intervene. Stewards should be told not to physically intervene, and while lots of companies like getting people doing SIA work on a steward's wage, I would be very surprised if unbadged stewards had been instructed to get physically involved in a pitch invasion. 

Second, following on from that, if a person is there to get physically involved, then they should be in a fit state to do so. Most of the stewards are not there for that, and that much is obvious just from looking at them, particularly ones like the unfortunate chap who needed treatment on the pitch. He should not be in any line of defence against a pitch invasion and, if he does find himself in that situation, he should not be trying to tackle people.

You must be joking! Very stupid idea that. Things would of deffinately got out of hand :nigel:

Yeah. The only reason I said it really is because on Soccer Saturday as I was writing, 'they' (forgot the team) had all gathered around the tunnel. I assume waiting for the players to come out. Looked fairly controlled. But yeah, terrible idea.

I was sat at the bottom of B1. I had an operation on my leg due to a nerve and muscle condition at the start of March. I've been a season ticket holder since 1995, and was able to see the trophy being lifted, as myself and another guy in a wheelchair wheeled right up to the barriers. I hadn't a clue where the players were, as everyone decided to jump over the electronic boards and I couldn't see. So thank you. I've waiting 12 years, as many other people have. Could you not have just waited, 5 minutes whilst the players walk around with their kids? 

Anyways. Awesome day, just a shame Donny were relegated. 

Did you see that steward come over and start laying into that bloke on the ground who his colleague was trying to restrain (Also by punching him) at the bottom of B1?

Saw some shocking breaches of stewardship today.

they were probably in the same place most of L1 were, secondary school.

Not true. The thing that surprised me was fully grown men running on and dancing about like they were teenagers.

I can get the kids doing it, but the blokes (some with kids).. ?

I just want to confirm I was on during the bit when it was ok and not the bit when if you were on you were a cvnt.

i want to confirm that for myself too...

Not true. The thing that surprised me was fully grown men running on and dancing about like they were teenagers.

It's really weird that people are happy enough to dance, isnt it.

badbboy baby stone island squad innit blood

Think it would've been good if the stewards made a circle around the podium and the fans could come right up close. Probably would've just got too out of hand though.

Exactly, let the fans be apart of it, not pushed out the way, don't think it would have got out of hand, pitch invasions are not a new concept, and being up close, people would have respected it, and enjoyed being allowed to be up close.

Just seems we are the only club/ fans in the country where it's deemed unacceptable.

Archived