Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

I know a Brighton fan and he's said that it is absolutely vital that they hang onto him so I'm not surprised they're putting up a huge price tag, it's well within their rights.

Great player though, two good feet, heads the ball, holds the ball up, and looking at that video decent movement in the box as well.

Can't think of too many forwards who have an all round game similar to his.

Clearly they think what he offers, is what they are looking for to fill a specific role in the Prem' (big lump up front). We've been trying to find one for a while now, with Wood and Futacs. 

Maybe Percy is correct and Wood will go (whether it's on loan or perm'), whilst I would like him to get more opportunities, we have all seen that it's just not quite worked with him up front at times. Now, that could be because he needs a good run of games, but it's difficult to give him that unless he pulls out some good performances.

It's a shame we didn't get promoted last year as we'd have had lots of players in the U21 category that we could have had in the squad without taking up one of the 25 places.

Surely this will be determined on the training paddock and trial games during July.  New plan and formation for the PL.

If we sign this guy for anything more than 5.1 million I'm going to wee into my hands and then pat it on my face and neck like aftershave......

For 2 weeks!

Really. How do fans know what a player is worth?  It is not your money, why are you bothered by what the club pays.

Surely this will be determined on the training paddock and trial games during July.  New plan and formation for the PL.

I think we'll go 4-4-2 a lot still, with a 4-5-1 against the better teams.

So not really that much different to how we've mixed it up this year, just 4-5-1 a bit more.

I think we can do better personally and hope we do.

We probably can, but this constant nagging about what a  player should be bought for and what his wage should be, it just gets really annoying fans first off taking so seriously what is written in newspapers by Journo's just looking for something to write even if it is not based on anything and then going on about their greater knowledge of the value and wage worthy for each player.

It is pretty immature when you think about it.  It is great to talk about all thing Leicester City, but Fans trying to show how smart (or not) in football matters is  annoying.

I think we'll go 4-4-2 a lot still, with a 4-5-1 against the better teams.

So not really that much different to how we've mixed it up this year, just 4-5-1 a bit more.

I agree he will use against the appropriate teams and if at home or not 4-4-2.  But I do think he will tinker more this coming season due to the different stylesof play they will come up against.

Not to get on Pearson's back or anything but I thought we played one way really well this season - 442

When we mixed it up we didn't seem to pose as greater goal threat but were better defensively.

I'm not sure we reallly had the personel to play traditional 451 to a decent standard and that's why we'll probably put a fourth bid in for this fella.

You're actually taking one of TBJS' posts seriously? :D

Not really.  Just this constant football manager and Fifa gamers trying to use it in real life is really pathetic.

According to the Brighton end we will have to break our  transfer record to secure his services.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11239117.Albion_have_turned_down_three_bids_by_Leicester_for_Ulloa/

Albion have turned down three bids by Leicester for Ulloa

5:00am Wednesday 28th May 2014 inSportBy Brian Owen

3048537.jpg?type=articleLandscapeLeo Ulloa scored twice against Leicester at the King Power Stadium in April

Leicester City are set to continue their pursuit of Leo Ulloa – after having THREE bids turned down.

The Premier League new boys saw an offer in excess of £3million rebuffed as they look to bolster their squad for the top-flight.

But they are expected to come back with an improved bid.

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson sees the Argentinean as an ideal man to operate as a lone striker with the strength and technical ability to bring team-mates into play.

Albion are in no rush or need to sell the man they spent months pursuing when he was with Spanish side Almeria.

They are willing to fight to keep a striker whose 16 goals last term included a brace at the King Power Stadium in April.

But they are unlikely to cling on to him at any price.

Reports in Leicester suggest the Seagulls are holding out for close to £10 million although Albion are highly unlikely to publically place a price tag on one of their star players.

It is likely the Foxes would have to break their club record fee, currently the £5.5 million paid to Wolves for striker Ade Akinbiyi 14 years ago, to secure Ulloa, who has three years left to run on his contract.

Ulloa has scored in all three FA Cup ties he has played against Premier League opposition and netted against all three promoted teams this season.

Why are we wasting our time on this guy, three bids rejected obviously means something.

£4 million max I would pay for him, if we pay over £5 million it will be a massive joke.

There's players out there, who have scored a decent amount of goals, in other leagues, who have time to grow & have excellent potential. 

I like Ulloa, but please Leicester he isn't worth the chase. 

This is ridiculous, he isn't worth over £1 million let alone 5, I can't believe we're chasing this with such effort, he only dominated us due to a three day piss up. He won't justify that hideous price tag in the premier league.

Not really.  Just this constant football manager and Fifa gamers trying to use it in real life is really pathetic.

The **** are you on about? We all watch a lot of football and go on the internet to share our opinions on it. That's what this forum is for...

Desperately don't want this one to happen now. Would really be un-Pearson like if we spend £5m+ on him. I know Pearson might have to spend that money eventually on a single player but not this guy, surely?

I'm amazed were even interested at these silly prices quoted

Archived