Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Leonardo Ulloa (Brighton) - Bid accepted

From the Merc:

Pearson looks keen to bolster his striking options ahead of his side's Premier League campaign.

There has been keen interest in Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa, with City tabling a substantial bid for the Argentinean, understood to be more than the £3million previously reported.

However, City's offer was rejected by the Seagulls, who are asking nearer to the £10m mark for the 27-year-old striker, who scored twice in their 4-1 victory at the King Power Stadium in April.

So from Brighton demanding £7 million it's now £10 million, that is far too much, tell them to pi** off Terry!

I hope Ulloa is asking for wages commensurate with his value. :rolleyes:

Guest ttfn

I really think that any club that puts it's valuation on a player knows full well that they will not get that valuation. In this case, they say 7, we offer 3, we buy at about 5. That is roughly how any negotiation works, whatever it is for.

Or if you're Bristol City, they say 7, we say 4, they lose him for nothing and get relegated.

Mmmmm......may be something in this, too much of a likeness if you ask me.

engelbert_humperdinck_smiles_during_an_a

Leonardo Ulloa

0.jpg

Englebert Humperdinck

Englebert looks like a bloke. Ulloa looks like a Thai ladyboy. Not seeing the resemblance.

However, City's offer was rejected by the Seagulls, who are asking nearer to the £10m mark for the 27-year-old striker

So they probably still want £7M then?

Stay away from this clown!

Brighton have problems with FFP according to their site so they are trying to sting us.

Tell to fook right off and get realistic with valuations.

Fook me Vardy must be worth 20m then.

After last seasons performances he would be at least worth 8-10mil.

I'm very concerned about this. It's not that I'm writing off his chances but we've already had 3 bids turned down for him and I can see us paying big money for him. I thought Nigel wanted proven PL players or outstanding talent? Ulloa fits neither. Leave it now Nige, go and get Cardozo.

I thought Nigel wanted proven PL players or outstanding talent?

Clearly they think what he offers, is what they are looking for to fill a specific role in the Prem' (big lump up front). We've been trying to find one for a while now, with Wood and Futacs. 

Maybe Percy is correct and Wood will go (whether it's on loan or perm'), whilst I would like him to get more opportunities, we have all seen that it's just not quite worked with him up front at times. Now, that could be because he needs a good run of games, but it's difficult to give him that unless he pulls out some good performances.

It's a shame we didn't get promoted last year as we'd have had lots of players in the U21 category that we could have had in the squad without taking up one of the 25 places.

Archived