Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Matthew Upson

I take it that as no-one has even mentioned Miquel, he has already gone and I missed the news, or everyone seems to know we will not be keeping him as a young promising player with great potential and there is not even a transfer fee to get him if we want to keep him ???????????????????????

/if this happens, It will be Nigel seeing it in the same ways as when he signed GTF, Was and Phillips. 

Adding someone to the squad who has been there and done it at that level. Might not play every week, but ill help the likes of Moore(who wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad)

He's the same age as me and I am fitter that I was when I was 25.

/if this happens, It will be Nigel seeing it in the same ways as when he signed GTF, Was and Phillips. 

Adding someone to the squad who has been there and done it at that level. Might not play every week, but ill help the likes of Moore(who wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad)

He's the same age as me and I am fitter that I was when I was 25.

It's almost like people haven't seen the way the squad worked last year.  I'd imagine we'll take the same kind of model that was successful in the champ to the premier. A few experienced pro's who have been in the prem on the bench and in the squads, to help out the larger group of young talented players.

Like with Phillips, we knew he'd not play every game. But when we needed a goal we brought him on and it worked. We might face lots of pressure at the end of games, dropping deep to defend and another experienced head could be useful.

I'd be concerned if we ONLY signed him at CB, we'd need another quality addition.

It's almost like people haven't seen the way the squad worked last year.  I'd imagine we'll take the same kind of model that was successful in the champ to the premier. A few experienced pro's who have been in the prem on the bench and in the squads, to help out the larger group of young talented players.

Like with Phillips, we knew he'd not play every game. But when we needed a goal we brought him on and it worked. We might face lots of pressure at the end of games, dropping deep to defend and another experienced head could be useful.

I'd be concerned if we ONLY signed him at CB, we'd need another quality addition.

Me too. Though I guess then he is thinking Moore will step up?

Again, what I've been trying to say, to be shot down by Babs (as usual).

Upson would be solid. . Yep I guess so.

Exciting? Not at all.

However, it's really early. I await the signing of someone who is going to make me get excited about watching him in a blue shirt. I think Pearson will surprise on that score

Not convinced by a 35 year old Matt Upson to be honest, although I trust Pearson + Walsh as always to make the right call.

We'd end up with 2 ageing players in Was & Upson, a slow Morgan with no premier experience and Moore for whom it could be a massive step up andperhaps Miquel for the future. I really want to see a pacy left sided CB with premier experience.

We'd end up with 2 ageing players in Was & Upson, a slow Morgan with no premier experience and Moore for whom it could be a massive step up andperhaps Miquel for the future. I really want to see a pacy left sided CB with premier experience.

They don't grow on trees unless we stump the money the only one that is slightly more realistic would be Lescott who is considering lowering his wages, tbf someone like Ridgewell I can see us going for.

Again, what I've been trying to say, to be shot down by Babs (as usual).

Upson would be solid. . Yep I guess so.

Exciting? Not at all.

However, it's really early. I await the signing of someone who is going to make me get excited about watching him in a blue shirt. I think Pearson will surprise on that score

The signings of Wasilewski, Taylor-Fletcher, Phillips and Hammond weren't particularly exciting, but they were instrumental in our success last season. It's no surprise to me that having those experienced characters behind the scenes helped our younger and more exciting players achieve that high level of consistency throughout the season.

There will be the flashier signings i.e. Knockaert or Mahrez, but the vast majority of our signings will be the non-flashy, experienced, no-nonsense types. I trust Pearson and Walsh to get the mix right, as they have done for the past few seasons.

I'd have liked us to sign a potential starter rather than squad player.  Morgan, Moore, Wasi, prob Miquel, Upson.  Not sure NP will sign another CB if we have those 5.

Obviously it all depends on wages if we are spoffing £20k+ on him then I'd rather it went elsewhere.  £10k and a promise to gain experience coaching and it is a solid addition.  He's well past his prime but you don't get 21 England caps when you're in the same age bracket as Rio and Terry without being half decent.  Joint top goal scoring for us in the 2010 WC...

Brighton have a solid defensive record the past couple of seasons and he has to take some credit for that.

Archived