Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

An old hero/scapegoat will be back on our screens tomorrow night....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38157038?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Macclesfield Town have signed former Manchester United and Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens on undisclosed terms.

Wellens, 36, left Salford City in October on the back of other permanent spells at Blackpool, Oldham Athletic, Doncaster Rovers and Shrewsbury Town.

He has made 698 professional appearances, scoring 49 goals in total.

The Silkmen, currently 11th in the National League, play Oxford United in the FA Cup second round on Friday.

17 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Best player in the league from everything I've read. Happy for him.

Edited by dominicmsb

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

He plays every week

Good bantz Tbf. Not every week back in England though eh? Before you say

'you didn't say that' 

I didn't think I needed to add that much narrative but I guess I was wrong. You can copy the response directly from my comments to save you a bit of time bud. ;)

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Good bantz Tbf. Not every week back in England though eh? Before you say

'you didn't say that' 

I didn't think I needed to add that much narrative but I guess I was wrong. You can copy the response directly from my comments to save you a bit of time bud. ;)

Eh?

On 12/9/2016 at 08:51, Mike Oxlong said:

Me too.

I thought this was class (from the Sky piece): "...the [Brighton] squad also travelled to France to attend the funeral [of Knocky's father]."

Edited by LanguedocFox
missed out the reference to Brighton

On 30/11/2016 at 00:32, kushiro said:

So everyone who did that 'Andy King's 150 team mates' quiz had no problems with the 'Japanese midfielder, 2010-2012' bit, right?  Well it looks like Yuki Abe might be joining Shinji Okazaki in the list of 2016 title winners. Last night he scored the only goal of the first leg of the 'Championship play-off final'. The J-League season now has two stages, and the best teams from each stage go through to the final 'Championship stage'. (Don't get any ideas, Scudamore).

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

I always really rated Abe but he never seemed to get a run of games apart from being stuck out on the right. Don't know if I was the only one who thought that though!

Arguably Readings best player this season. Third in the league. Would be nice to see him in the Prem. Wonder what our bonus for promotion is.

Pretty much every answer is about Leicester City. Including best player he's played with being Mahrez.

• Like 1

Gary Rowett had been sacked despite Brum lying seventh in the league. He's done a phenomenal job there with next to no resources.

His replacement? The managerial car crash that is Gianfranco Zola. That's just so typical of a lot of club owners. Bring on 5he big name regardless of the fact he can't manage to save his life.

Gary Rowett had been sacked despite Brum lying seventh in the league. He's done a phenomenal job there with next to no resources.

His replacement? The managerial car crash that is Gianfranco Zola. That's just so typical of a lot of club owners. Bring on the big name regardless of the fact he can't manage to save his life. Why replace a bright young English manager with a guy who was a  great player but a consistent failure as a manager?

Edited by Paddy.

25 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

His replacement? The managerial car crash that is Gianfranco Zola. That's just so typical of a lot of club owners. Bring on the big name regardless of the fact he can't manage to save his life. Why replace a bright young English manager with a guy who was a  great player but a consistent failure as a manager?

That's a shocking decision, he's got a bright future and I hope he proves them wrong.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I was so shocked when I herd about this. Hope Rowett shows them how wrong they were to get rid.