Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

Just now, Koke said:

Not sure what he gives Derby that Darren Bent don't. He's 31 and he must be on at least £20--25k a week. 

I wish him all the best. Great servant for us.

Darren Bent was just mostly about speed wasnt he?

Nugent has scored some absolute peaches in his time...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Darren Bent was just mostly about speed wasnt he?

Nugent has scored some absolute peaches in his time...

He strikes the ball superbly. His goal away to Burnley was technically fantastic. It just got overshadowed by Chris Wood's worldie. 

He also scored a peach against Charlton at home IIRC.

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Good move for Nuge. 

Probably still lives in area and I think he'll do well there. 

We did well in the fee when we sold him

Want to get promoted? Buy David Nugent!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

Not sure what he gives Derby that Darren Bent don't. He's 31 and he must be on at least £20--25k a week. 

I wish him all the best. Great servant for us.

I'd say Nugent's much more of a team player, he'll put in a shift and chip in with some goals and assists.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

David Nugent and Chris Wood on the same pitch tonight. The strike partnership that kept Jamie Vardy and Harry Kane on the bench

Can't believe they are playing him up front, not been an out and out striker since his time here. Hope he plays there against us.

• 2 weeks later...

And Gökhan Inler's fall from grace continues - even though he's played the full 90 minutes in each one of the past five Turkish cup matches, his role in the Süper Lig has turned into a bit-part player one.

In the past five matches, he's accumulated a whopping 42 minutes of pitch action; in three of those matches, he remained an unused substitute.

Doesn't help to see that he's been quoted recently saying "I'm not the kind of guy to play two minutes in a match", following the manager's decision to bring him on late in a game against Kasimpasa in mid-December, which Inler allegedly turned down.

Edited by MC Prussian

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Schlupp's injured and will be out for a while

If the match against Manchester City wasn't the moment for Allardyce and the fans to realize that Schlupp isn't a left-back, then I don't know when they'll finally discover the truth!

Looked completely at sixes and sevens for the first two goals they conceded, his positioning and coordination not worthy of a defender.

Kramaric with yet another assist, his sixth so far. Shame Hoffenheim lost their unbeaten record, but Leipzig were simply too strong and the TSG were also forced to play with a man less on the pitch after Wagner was sent off following a hard tackle on Ilsanker.

Schlupp is apparently on 56k a week. :blink:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/10749915/carl-jenkinsons-move-from-arsenal-to-crystal-palace-stalled-by-jeffrey-schlupp-deal

"It is understood talks with Jenkinson were held up when the defender found out Palace were paying another January signing, Schlupp, £56,000 a week, with Jenkinson having been offered £35,000 a week to move to the club."

As Liverpool kicked off 15 mins after our game it meant I could switch over to BT sport to see a couple of 15 minute bursts of their match against Chelsea. Once again I looked on as Kante was miraculous and I couldnt help by smile at the little genius whilst a tear was in the eye on what we may have been if we had kept him. I dont think one player has had so much impact at two clubs over two seasons. He was not only massive for us as well know but what he is doing for Chelsea and how he has helped turn them from a mid table shower to where they are today is amazing. His stats today for tackles made me chuckle as well....

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea - Most tackles

Player Team Tackles
N'Golo Kante Chelsea 14
Dejan Lovren Liverpool 3
Georginio Wijnaldum Liverpool 3
Six players Mixed 2

The full article on him appears here http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10751352/kante-key-to-the-title

• Like 2