Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

He wasn't shit every time he played for us and he was in the squad for the first half of the season we won the league. Didn't fit into our style of play then but is a lot closer now. Too late tho because now he's smashing it getting points at the Allianz and scoring and assisting for fun up in 3rd while we lose at home to West Brom and lose 4-1 every week. So yeah, what a rubbish decision.

Amazed that this has got two rep points.

Do you remember when the style of play that Kramaric couldn't get on with won the league by 10 points? Good times.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Depends who you believe as other reports say 5.5m which is a loss and far more likely than a foreign team giving an English one a full refund on a player they obviously didn't want. lol I didnt say that did i. The loan was a fair shout in Jan but we should have brought him back in the summer. That way we would have had the more mature and developed Kram whos smashing up Germany. But yeah lets just watch our strikers who apart from Slimani have about as much goal threat as Stephen Hawking, thats the sensible shout im sure.

Both teams Kram has joined since leaving Croatia have gone from relegation certainties to title challengers in the first 9 months hes been there what does that tell you?

lollol 

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

the fact you've twice given him a decent amount of credit for our title win tells me you're deffo trolling so i'm out 

Only in the same way as you were saying he used to miss 6 sitters every ten minutes...

Obv he didnt win us the title. But we could do with him these days and he didnt get enough of a chance, which was the crux of my argument. Should have been brought back after the loan.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm a fan of Kramaric but that's a ridiculous way for you to go and let scouse win the argument haha.

Obv not seriously saying hes the root cause of either or both.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Amazed that this has got two rep points.

Do you remember when the style of play that Kramaric couldn't get on with won the league by 10 points? Good times.

My point was that we don't play like that any more. Which we don't. And it was obvious that would happen.

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Depends who you believe as other reports say 5.5m which is a loss and far more likely than a foreign team giving an English one a full refund on a player they obviously didn't want. lol I didnt say that did i. The loan was a fair shout in Jan but we should have brought him back in the summer. That way we would have had the more mature and developed Kram whos smashing up Germany. But yeah lets just watch our strikers who apart from Slimani have about as much goal threat as Stephen Hawking, thats the sensible shout im sure.

Both teams Kram has joined since leaving Croatia have gone from relegation certainties to title challengers in the first 9 months hes been there what does that tell you?

Oh my gosh! lol cant breath!

Dont think we ever played to his strengths. We treated him much like the way England treated Vardy (until Spain). 

He never got a run in a team which was high on confidence either and I do believe we would have seen a different side of Kram if he had. 

Good luck to the lad. 

On 16/11/2016 at 10:48, filbertway said:

Glad the guy's doing well, he was wasted here to be fair and was always going to go on to be a good striker at European level. He was the best footballing striker we had without a shadow of a doubt, his full pitch sprint to prevent Liverpool scoring last season also showed he was willing to work hard for the team.

He just needed a team that wanted him, which we clearly didn't.

I remember his Liverpool sprint. People who say he wasn't willing to work hard should watch that.  

If we had a bit more patience with him we would have had a right player on our hands. But I understand if he wanted to move on cos it had been a miserable 18 months at LCFC for him personally, despite the club's massive success.

Edited by Koke

Ignasi Miquel (24) plying his trade with CD Lugo in the Spanish second division.

Marko Futacs (now 26) lighting up the Croatian first division with Hajduk Split - five goals in nine games so far.

Zak Whitbread currently a free agent.

John Paintsil is assistent manager at Kaizer Chiefs in South Africa, Tunchev at Lokomotiv Plovdev in his native Bulgaria.

Michael Johnson has started a life as an estate agent in Urmston.

What's Michael Ball up to these days? And how close is Darius Vassell with writing his autobiography?

• Like 1

Not an ex-player but an ex-sponsor. Seemingly having some local difficulty.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/27/rees-mogg-treasury-committee-economic-forecasters

A philosophical take on the trials of Topps Tiles

“Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.” Given that next week will be the 2,058th anniversary of the death of Roman philosopher Cicero, it’s too much of a stretch (even for this column) to suggest that the great orator foresaw the role of the financial analyst – however compelling the circumstantial evidence may be.

Still, for as long as the trade of analyst has existed, its members have attempted to illustrate how much life there is in those wise words. Take Topps Tiles, whose shares have dropped almost 50% this year. Despite that, the company’s supporters have been harder to dislodge than a 30-year-old installation of one of its products. Peel Hunt rated the shares a buy in January (at about 150p), when they were worth almost twice as much as now, and has reiterated that view six times during 2016. Cantor Fitzgerald, Berenberg and Liberum also persisted in their error – remaining positive on the company all the way down.

So, aside from admitting to a costly mistake, is there any way out of the mess? Well, the retailer reports numbers this week – so it’ll be prayers to Jupiter all round.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:34, Steven said:

Not an ex-player but an ex-sponsor. Seemingly having some local difficulty.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/27/rees-mogg-treasury-committee-economic-forecasters

Record sales push Topps Tiles profits up 10 per cent
Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-record-sales-push-topps-tiles-profits-up-10-per-cent/story-29942649-detail/story.html#zlAxAFJ6ekWMEJSS.99

So everyone who did that 'Andy King's 150 team mates' quiz had no problems with the 'Japanese midfielder, 2010-2012' bit, right?  Well it looks like Yuki Abe might be joining Shinji Okazaki in the list of 2016 title winners. Last night he scored the only goal of the first leg of the 'Championship play-off final'. The J-League season now has two stages, and the best teams from each stage go through to the final 'Championship stage'. (Don't get any ideas, Scudamore).

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 2