cc_star Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Comedy show. Kasper and Morgan have been a joke recent weeks.UndroppableOne's the club talisman & ones the captain I'd feel safer with Hamer's beard in goal, never mind Hamer himself Morgan is the gift which keeps on giving as far as opposition concerned, although that's not helped by lack of defensive/covering midfielders
Torten Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 You can't blame Pearson for some of the mistakes out there tonight. We cannot get rid now with January so close. Give him a chance.
ForzaFerrari Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 It seemed that we played better with 10 men rather than 11... If we keep this we cannot lose with 11 men to Villa unless...eh...our defence keep up with the damn errors...
Bettsj2 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Col is completely correct about Cambiasso. He looks incredibly slow and weak. If its not his game to be making tackles and tracking back, WHY PLAY HIM IN A 2 AGAINST A 3!!!
SecretPro Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 At least we look capable of scoring goals now. A but more confidence going forward and we would have had two or even three. A set piece/corner take who can beat the first man more than one in every ten attempts would create even more chances. As would wingers who cross the ball rather than Mahrez who always cuts inside when playing on the right and Jeff, well Jeff being Jeff. Mahrez on the left, Albrighton on the right please nige. Vardy is well off form and contributing very little. I think we can sacrifice him for another centre mid to play 4-5-1. Give the defence some much needed protection while maintaining plenty of attacking threat. Not a bad shout.
theessexfox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 So what? Don't gloss over the fact that we've conceded three goals to three midfielders who had an eternity to pick their spots, following bad defensive errors. This is crucial. He's THERE to pick up runners...for all the fancy play going forward this does not compensate for the fact that gaps are glaring! Don't think you can lay blame at his feet for the first or third. Second, yeah he should be running with Gerrard who anticipates it better. Not sure that is his role first and foremost, otherwise he wouldn't be in the team, as it's clearly not his strength. It is a problem and a weakness, but imo it's compensated by his class in possession.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Kept Sterling reasonably quiet, some nice interceptions. Apart from that, usual RDL. His job was to keep Sterling quiet. Far from the 'Sterling will tear him a new one', I can't recollect Sterling did much at all. One of the better performances I've seen RDL put in in recent times.
Foxhateram Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 We need some protection for the back line, we seem to be allowing players to drive at us. Sterling today, Austin against QPR, de Maria against United, welbeck against arsenal. There are more examples I could list. Where is the midfield that is supposed to be tracking these players? As much as I credit Cambiasso for his influence and his potential to play some quality balls, he just doesn't track the runners well at all. We need someone in there to be mopping up, almost sweeping in front of the back four and then picking off the runs off our wide players. This allows de leat and Konchesky to also have more freedom to come forward because the DM can slit in where necessary. Cambiasso should be good at this role, but where is he? I hate seeing players jogging back from an attack and even from a terrible live feed I saw this too often today. Just constructive criticism though, it's areas we need to improve on, we knew this was going to be a huge step. This is the first season in the prem for most of our players. We just need to learn from the mistakes, keep creating chances like today and things will come good. I really want to see more of Albrighton though, he worked hard to track back today and was the only person to actually pick out Ulloa's head.
Kierzz Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Kept Sterling reasonably quiet, some nice interceptions. Apart from that, usual RDL. Would have caused a goal if sturridge or anyone reasonably quick was upfront instead of Lambert, then it would be classic De Laet
Harry - LCFC Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Yes again, a good first half..it's a 90 minute game Well you'll forgive for my mistake as you said nothing about the second half in the post I was responding too. Just the miss.
Bettsj2 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 You can't blame Pearson for some of the mistakes out there tonight. We cannot get rid now with January so close. Give him a chance. A chance to what? He couldnt attract players in the summer when we were an attractive proposition. How the hell will we get any quality now?
foxes_rule1978 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 They were there for the taking, throw it away... just truly poor individual errors... now look forward to the international breaks, so a can at least celebrate a good win
Poiseuille Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Do not be fooled by Mahrezs late 10 min cameo show. Other than that he was completely out of the game and when he was in it, he was giving the ball to the opposition. He needs to be more disciplined. Can we afford a luxury player like him in a relegation battle, I'm not too sure, definitely not with 2 strikers. As 'class' as Cambiasso looks on the ball, I think he changes the way we play (or played last season) too much. Great vision and passing but he's not dynamic enough. I just don't think him alongside James is working out. Konchesky seriously needs replacing as soon as possible. It's absolutely unbelievable how NP continues to pick him. Wrong passes, gives the ball away, adds very little going forward. And I don't just mean it this game, he was OK, but in the Prem, OK is not good enough. I though Albrighton looked poor, and has done most times he's come on. In space, yes he could probably whip a good ball in. But advancing with any speed, beating a defender etc. I'm not so sure about. All the negativity above but I still think we played well, I was impressed. Do we just stick with the team and it will eventually come? Possibly. I don't know. But we need some real quality in Jan. Just a few. We can't get away with 30+ y.o Championship players on a free in the prem. And some NP signings please. I have a sneaky feeling some of the summer signings were not his signings, hence very little sign of them in the squad yet! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RowlattsFox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 The worrying thing is the games we have coming up, Man City, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool again between now and New Years day. And 2 away games at relegation rivals.
ForzaFerrari Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Undroppable One's the club talisman & ones the captain I'd feel safer with Hamer's beard in goal, never mind Hamer himself Morgan is the gift which keeps on giving Kasper was solid with his beard last season...it was not good to shave it.
The Doctor Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Col is well off about Cambiasso. He was fine, he didn't stop the runners, but it should never have come to that. Once more though, they didn't slice us open down the middle, it's the wings - 3 crosses from our right not cleared, and goals from them. De Laet was better today but the centre backs made a hash of every cross. Kasper at least came and claimed some mind.
ARM1968 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 We can fight our way out of this but whether we will is another matter. Still the only way is up - unless we go down : )
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Don't think you can lay blame at his feet for the first or third. Second, yeah he should be running with Gerrard who anticipates it better. Not sure that is his role first and foremost, otherwise he wouldn't be in the team, as it's clearly not his strength. It is a problem and a weakness, but imo it's compensated by his class in possession. It's not at all compensated by his class in possession. We have lost again and are rooted firmly at the bottom. If we were looking classy and winning football matches, fine, I get it..but we aren't. We leak goals like a sieve.
roger the dodger Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 wow I didn't expect to come on that, I thought people would be pretty upbeat. I thought we looked good, played with purpose, looked better at creating chances other than crosses. I was quite impressed, if Wes hadnt gone I think we could have gone on to win that. your talking crap here mate
SecretPro Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Pearson telling old ladies to **** off in the west stand on the radio now.
steveherbe Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No, I'm a Leicester City fan and very upset that we concede three goals so cheaply to a poor Liverpool side and are anchored firmly to the base of the division. If you think that's in any way 'class', I suggest you either aren't bothered, or weren't watching. Whatever.... yawn.....
TheUltimateWinner Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 My mates cousin told my brother that Pearson is an astronaut.
The other Ollie Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Can't argue with the result and not surprising either Liverpool have internationals in every position. Pleased to see the players were really playing for the manager. spot on....
Kierzz Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Do not be fooled by Mahrezs late 10 min cameo show. Other than that he was completely out of the game and when he was in it, he was giving the ball to the opposition. He needs to be more disciplined. Can we afford a luxury player like him in a relegation battle, I'm not too sure, definitely not with 2 strikers. As 'class' as Cambiasso looks on the ball, I think he changes the way we play (or played last season) too much. Great vision and passing but he's not dynamic enough. I just don't think him alongside James is working out. Konchesky seriously needs replacing as soon as possible. It's absolutely unbelievable how NP continues to pick him. Wrong passes, gives the ball away, adds very little going forward. And I don't just mean it this game, he was OK, but in the Prem, OK is not good enough. I though Albrighton looked poor, and has done most times he's come on. In space, yes he could probably whip a good ball in. But advancing with any speed, beating a defender etc. I'm not so sure about. All the negativity above but I still think we played well, I was impressed. Do we just stick with the team and it will eventually come? Possibly. I don't know. But we need some real quality in Jan. Just a few. We can't get away with 30+ y.o Championship players on a free in the prem. And some NP signings please. I have a sneaky feeling some of the summer signings were not his signings, hence very little sign of them in the squad yet! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Mahrez created the goal, his top class ball into Vardy brought about the save from the GK which Ulloa then poked in
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.