Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

19 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What a lovely picture, looks so peaceful.

Great effort for building the school, what an awesome achievement. I bet you feel really good for doing it. 

Thanks, It was a great experience don’t get me wrong but I can’t help but think they would have been better just sending some actual builders over ? I went back yesterday to give the school loads of books and pens etc and the Cambodian builders looked like they were doing a decent job of it. Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if they pulled down the brick work that they left us to put up.

Was really tough though and on one of the days I was that dehydrated I could really feel myself starting to get into a bad way. I think I drank 7 litres of water and went for 1 piss on one day which gives you an idea oh how much I sweated! I feel sorry for whichever local has inherited my clothes and had to wash them lol.

I’ve probably already said this but I stayed in a local house for 4 nights, the shower was literally a bucket of water in a shed and I had this lovely lady perving on me while I did it...

A47807E1-C3C1-4E0F-9440-27058F7DBB45.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks, It was a great experience don’t get me wrong but I can’t help but think they would have been better just sending some actual builders over ? I went back yesterday to give the school loads of books and pens etc and the Cambodian builders looked like they were doing a decent job of it. Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if they pulled down the brick work that they left us to put up.

Was really tough though and on one of the days I was that dehydrated I could really feel myself starting to get into a bad way. I think I drank 7 litres of water and went for 1 piss on one day which gives you an idea oh how much I sweated! I feel sorry for whichever local has inherited my clothes and had to wash them lol.

I’ve probably already said this but I stayed in a local house for 4 nights, the shower was literally a bucket of water in a shed and I had this lovely lady perving on me while I did it...

A47807E1-C3C1-4E0F-9440-27058F7DBB45.jpeg

There is no way in hell i would have taken a shower (or bucket wash) with that no no in the room at the same time. Im not scared of spiders, but that one is huge. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

There is no way in hell i would have taken a shower (or bucket wash) with that no no in the room at the same time. Im not scared of spiders, but that one is huge. 

That one buggered off after a couple of days and was replaced by one that insisted on cleaning its legs like a cat does while I was cleaning my teeth. 

Was so funny on the first night, had to share a room with 3 other lads. Slept in a mosquito net and I felt something crawling on me, properly shit myself and then made everyone else shit themselves. One of the lads gets out of bed, starts getting dressed and shouts I’m not ****ing staying here.... no transport, in the absolute middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Had me absolutely crying.

• Haha 2

On 22/10/2018 at 09:34, HighPeakFox said:

It gets better though - her last 2 blokes (both 'complete arseholes' I am assured), were/are Tottenham fans. 

Who came third in a two horse race?

Edit, Tough crowd you lot lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2018 at 17:21, HighPeakFox said:

Mallorca for 3 nights with my lovely new woman later on in October. You'll be pleased to know that she's a Leicester lass, we met briefly as teenagers and 31 years later we found each other. 

It went west sadly, but it was my decision. Still enjoyed the holiday...

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:04, Costock_Fox said:

That one buggered off after a couple of days and was replaced by one that insisted on cleaning its legs like a cat does while I was cleaning my teeth. 

Was so funny on the first night, had to share a room with 3 other lads. Slept in a mosquito net and I felt something crawling on me, properly shit myself and then made everyone else shit themselves. One of the lads gets out of bed, starts getting dressed and shouts I’m not ****ing staying here.... no transport, in the absolute middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. Had me absolutely crying.

lol i'd have shit myself as well me and spiders do not get along.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone been to Strasbourg within the last couple years and if so, how did you get there? 

Seems to be quite a few different routes and none ideal. 

Interested for footballing reasons?

Been there, lovely city, enjoyed the old town quite a bit. Excellent food on display, too (try "Flammekueche", thin pizza-like dish topped with sour cream, onions, bacon and leek).

Traveled up there by rental car from my place, via Freiburg.

If you're coming in by plane, I suggest trying to get to Basel-Mulhouse airport. Strasbourg is only an hour away.

Train schedules can be found on the SNCF website:

https://www.sncf.com/en

Just make sure they're not on strike that day. lol

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Interested for footballing reasons?

Been there, lovely city, enjoyed the old town quite a bit. Excellent food on display, too (try "Flammekueche", thin pizza-like dish topped with sour cream, onions, bacon and leek).

Traveled up there by rental car from my place, via Freiburg.

If you're coming in by plane, I suggest trying to get to Basel-Mulhouse airport. Strasbourg is only an hour away.

Train schedules can be found on the SNCF website:

https://www.sncf.com/en

Just make sure they're not on strike that day. lol

Looking for this year's Christmas Market destination. Strasbourg looks lovely any time of year but the market comes highly recommended. 

Strasbourg, Lille, Tallinn and Innsbruck all currently on the shortlist. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Looking for this year's Christmas Market destination. Strasbourg looks lovely any time of year but the market comes highly recommended. 

Strasbourg, Lille, Tallinn and Innsbruck all currently on the shortlist. 

Innsbruck is lovely as are Bressanone and Bolzano a couple of hours south. The landscapes round there are stunning.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is Innsbruck any more pricey than any other Western Europe tourist trap? (Bruges, Venice, Rome, etc?) 

Nope, Austria's pretty much very reasonable price-wise, service you get is also top-notch (for most part; you may encounter occasional snobbery in Vienna, but that's about it).

Besides, Rome isn't expensive. You can get a 48-hour or 72-hour Roma Pass for dirt cheap that gives you access to countless historical buildings and museums for little money - many of them for free. Plus it acts as a two-day or three-day ticket for the public transportation system. Snap.

Just stay away from Vatican City, scalpers everywhere.

Would also recommend visiting Graz - the Arnie hometown.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Going to California in January for a bit of a road trip.

Anybody that's gone to America, what do you do about your phone?

I think most networks offer a USA bolt on package for data/calls/roaming etc. Not sure how much per day/week but they can cap it so you don't overspend I think.

Personally, I switched my roaming/4G off when I went to the US and just used Wi-Fi wherever I could. If I needed to make calls home I did it through WhatsApp via Wi-Fi for free so didn't need to spend any extra out there.

Where are you going on your road trip btw? Are you doing Big Sur/Highway 1?

• Like 1