Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

I’m still waiting for TUI to sort our July holiday out. Assume that it’ll get done in June. 

Going great with these two weeks, as we were originally meant to be in the Dominican with Thomas Cook! 😖 

Getting money back is going to be a right bastard, I've had my hotel for Ibiza refunded but neither flight from easyjet or Ryanair and another trip from TUI is likely to take months they have said. 

I'd ordinarily be content with booking up for later dates but this is the last year we could go away out of season before our son starts school and we have another bairn on the way in October so abroad holidays for a while was going to be a no go.

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Hopefully anybody that’s being taken for a mug by Ryanair or anyone else paid on credit card. Give them a ring and the money will be back in your account within 3 days.

Lots of people are reporting that this is not effective either at the moment - the chargeback claim on your CC seems to be a brick wall as well. I've not tried this avenue myself yet but lots of people on MSE are saying the cc companies say that if you've been offered a voucher then that is a de-facto refund so they can't (or won't) do anything.

Most likely outcome is you get a voucher valid for a year and if you've not used it by then you may be able to cash it in (if the company still exists).

Lots of people now regretting booking by these online travel agencies with flashy websites and ads who turn out to be operating from a bedroom in Swindon - and have no money....

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Lots of people are reporting that this is not effective either at the moment - the chargeback claim on your CC seems to be a brick wall as well. I've not tried this avenue myself yet but lots of people on MSE are saying the cc companies say that if you've been offered a voucher then that is a de-facto refund so they can't (or won't) do anything.

Most likely outcome is you get a voucher valid for a year and if you've not used it by then you may be able to cash it in (if the company still exists).

Lots of people now regretting booking by these online travel agencies with flashy websites and ads who turn out to be operating from a bedroom in Swindon - and have no money....

Oh shit, not good.

And re who you book with, they are all at it.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Getting money back is going to be a right bastard, I've had my hotel for Ibiza refunded but neither flight from easyjet or Ryanair and another trip from TUI is likely to take months they have said. 

I'd ordinarily be content with booking up for later dates but this is the last year we could go away out of season before our son starts school and we have another bairn on the way in October so abroad holidays for a while was going to be a no go.

I must say, I booked a package holiday with Jet2 for the first time. Normally booked flights myself and hotel etc. They gave me the full refund for our family holiday, no questions asked. However, I have since rebooked for next year anyway. So Jet2 are actually spot on and I went with them because they had top reviews for holidays, over 90% satisfactory ratings whereas companies like TUI were at around 70%.

I have tried to avoid Ryanair where possible, simply because I don't want to give more money than I need to to those crooks. Unfortunately, they seem to be everywhere.

Good luck to anyone trying to get a refund but rebooking is probably the best choice if you are offered vouchers. I did the same with flights I had with Eurowings, they offered vouchers in return. I immediately spent most of them on new flights so I don't have vouchers sitting about that could lose all value if the airline goes bankrupt.

14 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I have 2 refund claims with Ryanair but didn't receive this email about vouchers that a lot of people did....

Not sure if this means they're processing refunds for some and not others

Took around 3 weeks for my email to come and was in junk. Take a look in there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Swiss air are playing hard to get with me. They've agreed to a refund but that was a month ago. Anyone know the timescale for a refund?.

I think the timescale is purely as long as they wish to drag their feet for. If they wanted to refund you today I presume they would be able to do so. My BA refund was processed over the phone and was back in the bank the next working day - although actually getting through to speak to someone in the first place was an ordeal!

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I have 2 refund claims with Ryanair but didn't receive this email about vouchers that a lot of people did....

Not sure if this means they're processing refunds for some and not others

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Took around 3 weeks for my email to come and was in junk. Take a look in there.

I've had two Ryanair e-mails during the last six weeks both saying this (last one two weeks ago):

Dear Customer,

I refer to our recent correspondence regarding your refund request on booking xxxxx

As previously advised, our Customer Services Team are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests due to the COVID-19 crisis and we are prioritising our most vulnerable customers. This has been compounded by government public health restrictions on non-essential work travel which means we have less staff available to us during this busy time. Please rest assured your refund request is currently in the queue and will be processed. If you have selected new travel dates and would prefer to move your booking, please contact us

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Yours sincerely,
Ryanair Customer Services

No mention of vouchers and I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Pretty much written it off tbh.

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've had two Ryanair e-mails during the last six weeks both saying this (last one two weeks ago):

Dear Customer,

I refer to our recent correspondence regarding your refund request on booking xxxxx

As previously advised, our Customer Services Team are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests due to the COVID-19 crisis and we are prioritising our most vulnerable customers. This has been compounded by government public health restrictions on non-essential work travel which means we have less staff available to us during this busy time. Please rest assured your refund request is currently in the queue and will be processed. If you have selected new travel dates and would prefer to move your booking, please contact us

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Yours sincerely,
Ryanair Customer Services

No mention of vouchers and I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Pretty much written it off tbh.

It will come, thats the one they sent before the one mentioning vouchers. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very tempted to book Dominican again for the first half of Sept, the prices are rock bottom. Am I mad given the circumstances? It's 4 months away...

Not too much to lose. Surely just get a refund if you can't go?

57 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very tempted to book Dominican again for the first half of Sept, the prices are rock bottom. Am I mad given the circumstances? It's 4 months away...

Book via credit card and ATOL protected and very little to lose. There are some crazy deals around, Bogota return from Heathrow in business class was £436 the other day. There will be some incredible deals around once flights and hotels resume, not everyone will want to get back to normal life straight away.

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

the other issue is - you may struggle to get any travel insurance which covers Covid-19. So even if your holiday goes ahead, if you were unfortunate enough to get sick whilst there you'd probably need to sell your house when you get home to pay the medical bills!

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

the other issue is - you may struggle to get any travel insurance which covers Covid-19. So even if your holiday goes ahead, if you were unfortunate enough to get sick whilst there you'd probably need to sell your house when you get home to pay the medical bills!

The other issue is it's hurricane and stormy season in August/September for that area of the world. So probably why it's extra cheap.

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I was joking lol

I'm having issues myself. 

Although saying that some refunds have been very straight forward.

Yeah I’ve had hotels in the UK cancel and the money is back in 2 days, I’m almost shocked it’s Ryanair being bell ends.