Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

11 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Has anyone ever been to Split in Croatia? 

It's very nice, about 2/3 nights should do it though, any longer and you should island hop, or stay at one island too at least. Split is also easier to get to the islands than Dubrovnik.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

It's very nice, about 2/3 nights should do it though, any longer and you should island hop, or stay at one island too at least. Split is also easier to get to the islands than Dubrovnik.

Great, thank you. I was hoping to squeeze somewhere else in as well. Which island of islands would you recommend? 

1 hour ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Great, thank you. I was hoping to squeeze somewhere else in as well. Which island of islands would you recommend? 

No worries, would recommend Hvar as its one of the bigger islands (although still small), has a bit of everything and a good all rounder. Bit busier as a result though. Some of the others on here have island hopped a bit more than me though and might have some better input on the islands (I think @bovril maybe)?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

No worries, would recommend Hvar as its one of the bigger islands (although still small), has a bit of everything and a good all rounder. Bit busier as a result though. Some of the others on here have island hopped a bit more than me though and might have some better input on the islands (I think @bovril maybe)?

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Hvar or brac are both lovely.

I’d upload some pictures but it’s saying the file size is too big.

Brac is my favourite, Visit supetar and Bol. The golden horn beach in Bol is tranquil.

DA40B437-19E6-4851-B869-DED0E33753BD.thumb.jpeg.c5c198f777406ca72e451a5479ab43ad.jpeg

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, StanSP said:

Looked at NY for end of the year (yes I know they're in the shit right now). Only £300 return for 28 Dec to 2nd Jan... 

Meant to be going 8th December for the wife's birthday. Hoping it's all sorted by then.... 

13 hours ago, Strokes said:

Hvar or brac are both lovely.

I’d upload some pictures but it’s saying the file size is too big.

Brac is my favourite, Visit supetar and Bol. The golden horn beach in Bol is tranquil.

DA40B437-19E6-4851-B869-DED0E33753BD.thumb.jpeg.c5c198f777406ca72e451a5479ab43ad.jpeg

Great pic, thank you for sharing! Will do some research into them both and see what I find. 

• Like 1

I have a holiday booked to Gran Canaria in October, if the current situation is still going on in over 6 months time sadly not having a holiday will be the least of my worries. 
I did manage to have a weekend in Oxford and a trip to Amsterdam earlier this year so happy that at least I’ve done something.

32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

When this shite is all done with, say in March next year (!), anyone starting to wonder about a special trip they've always fancied as a reaction to losing a year of our lives?

Yup! Maybe not a special trip, just something to look forward to and get away from my house! 

Spent many years having money troubles. Put them behind me and had a load of events and things booked in for this year, including a trip to Cornwall in May and a cookery course at Rick Stein's place (a gift). Rick's already cancelled I'm hoping the hotel will do the same as didn't bother with insurance and can't cancel without losing the money 🙄

Always next year.

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

I honestly think travel will be fine by September time. 

Can't see it mate, I think any relaxing of travel will see a surge in cases again and be back to lockdowns again. Think we'll see very restricted travel until 2022.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't see it mate, I think any relaxing of travel will see a surge in cases again and be back to lockdowns again. Think we'll see very restricted travel until 2022.

I think they will end up testing people at airports before you enter the terminal. In China at the minute you have to go through numerous tests etc to get in according to a Sky report.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm thinking next summer restrictions will be eased enough.

• Like 1