Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Got the email last week from TUI to say my holiday in May was cancelled just waiting to hear back in the regards to the next step in a refund or swapping the dates to a later stage, I'm thinking of rebooking to September, would anyone think that's risky?

I was meant to be flying out to Dominican Republic with TUI at the end of May. I had an email a good month ago saying that we could change our dates to whenever we wanted free of charge as long as we did it by 31st May. 

We moved the departure date to the last week of August, fingers crossed but I can’t see it happening so will get a refund then but couldn’t be bothered to wait weeks for a refund at the minute. 

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Got the email last week from TUI to say my holiday in May was cancelled just waiting to hear back in the regards to the next step in a refund or swapping the dates to a later stage, I'm thinking of rebooking to September, would anyone think that's risky?

I'd be astonished if foreign travel for holidays is allowed by then, can't see it until mid 2021 IMO

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be astonished if foreign travel for holidays is allowed by then, can't see it until mid 2021 IMO

Problem is there are millions of families separated worldwide at the moment due to there being no flights. Mine included.

I'm not sure travel bans can last another 12 months plus. 

It really is a strange situation for many of us. It's physically impossible to see my parents right now lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Problem is there are millions of families separated worldwide at the moment due to there being no flights. Mine included.

I'm not sure travel bans can last another 12 months plus. 

It really is a strange situation for many of us. It's physically impossible to see my parents right now lol

Yeah it is indeed a real problem and how they might have to manage essential vs non-essential travel in the next year or so will be hard.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it is indeed a real problem and how they might have to manage essential vs non-essential travel in the next year or so will be hard.

Too many regions/companies rely on tourism. I doubt it will last into next year. I think there will be much improvement in the next 6 months, even if it means resorts opening up to certain countries first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Finally got through to Virgin re my cancelled NYC flights. They are giving a full refund but takes 100 days. Seems a long time?

90 days for me, Virgin flights from Heathrow - JFK. I will be keeping a keen eye on this and diarised 90 days to follow up. Do not trust them in the slightest to return my money without some serious prodding.

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

90 days for me, Virgin flights from Heathrow - JFK. I will be keeping a keen eye on this and diarised 90 days to follow up. Do not trust them in the slightest to return my money without some serious prodding.

Yeah stuck it in my calendar as a reminder. Now trying to get the hotel cash back via insurance. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Finally got through to Virgin re my cancelled NYC flights. They are giving a full refund but takes 100 days. Seems a long time?

They're just stalling I guess. There's no real reason why they can't just refund you (if they wanted to). Probably cash flow issues?

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

They're just stalling I guess. There's no real reason why they can't just refund you (if they wanted to). Probably cash flow issues?

Without a doubt, they will be scrambling for any cash they can get hold of. They can refund you there and then by pushing a button if they wanted too. There is no doubt many refunds will not be honoured after 90 days, hoping inertia will hit their customers and they forget about it.

36 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Thanks for that. Mine was through booking.com and paid last year so don’t think they will help. Will have to go through insurance but they want proof of absolutely every angle which I guess is understandable.

• Like 1

The wife's had an email from TUI saying they're giving her a credit for what we've paid plus 20%. If we haven't used it after 12 months then they'll give us a cash refund. I'm not happy about that but I sort of understand. Don't know whether to swallow it or get on to the credit card company.

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

The wife's had an email from TUI saying they're giving her a credit for what we've paid plus 20%. If we haven't used it after 12 months then they'll give us a cash refund. I'm not happy about that but I sort of understand. Don't know whether to swallow it or get on to the credit card company.

Depends how desperately you need the cash I guess, so they have given you 20% more than you paid but it’s a credit for them?

23 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Depends how desperately you need the cash I guess, so they have given you 20% more than you paid but it’s a credit for them?

It's credit with them. I don't suppose will get the 20% extra in cash if we don't rebook. I'm not desperate for the money but what if I don't want to rebook with them, will I get any change if the next holiday is a bit cheaper,will the 20% be "can't be used in conjunction with any other offer" i.e. Will I have to pay full price to get the discount?

On the other hand ,corona virus isn't their fault,I don't want to see them to bust.

Edited by Webbo

On 16/04/2020 at 18:32, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've given up on taking a holiday next year, it's only 12 months without one abroad, not exactly a big deal. Hopefully will get away two or three times next year.

Yeah I'm prepared for just doing staycations if anything until next summer, whether staycations are even a possibility or not for the next 12 months I dont know.

Mates wedding in Portugal is in the diary for mid August but I'm not holding my breath on that going ahead.