Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

I reckon everybody has heard...The Govt,looks like they will back travel Companies & Airlines,not to return Any monies for cancelled holidays.

Only vouchers...

I suppose ATOL & others After these last 2 years & Now with the coronavirus, just have ran out of any Financial funds...

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon everybody has heard...The Govt,looks like they will back travel Companies & Airlines,not to return Any monies for cancelled holidays.

Only vouchers...

I suppose ATOL & others After these last 2 years & Now with the coronavirus, just have ran out of any Financial funds...

My company said anyone who has a holiday booked over summer can have it reimbursed by them, which is pretty top notch.

I was going to do Budapest then a bit of the Balkans over 10 days; Belgrade, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik and Split mid-August, was planning on booking early March but waited it out. Will have to wait until next year now of course. Glad I waited in the end now.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just booked our summer 2021 holiday, not sure if it's a stupid thing to do or not but felt like as a family we needed something to look forward to. 

If whoever you book it through stays in business then its probably fine.

Reckon people will be so desperate to get away in the winter 20/21 and summer 2021 that prices will skyrocket for those periods.

• Like 2

Just now, Nalis said:

Reckon people will be so desperate to get away in the winter 20/21 and summer 2021 that prices will skyrocket for those periods.

We're hoping to get to Malta in November like we do every year, the prices are ok at the moment, but we don't dare book yet. I'm worried that if we leave it though it will be out of reach when everyone else has the same idea. 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

We're hoping to get to Malta in November like we do every year, the prices are ok at the moment, but we don't dare book yet. I'm worried that if we leave it though it will be out of reach when everyone else has the same idea. 

Its tough to gauge isnt it? You basically have to factor:

-  Things being close of normal in the UK

- No travel bans for UK residents in the country you go to

- The country you go to is fine to go to covid 19 wise

All so difficult to predict as you say.

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Is it possible to book with a company that will accept a deposit now to fix the price? Then if you don't go you will have minimised your losses? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Done it through first choice so hopeful they will get through this period. They're offering a pretty low deposit and balance only has to be paid a month before departure. 

We thought demand will be high once this is over, fingers crossed, so thought we'd get in early and hope for the best. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is it possible to book with a company that will accept a deposit now to fix the price? Then if you don't go you will have minimised your losses? 

Yes that's a good idea I hadn't thought of, I usually book the flights with Ryanair and the hotel directly which means paying up front but I will have a look at booking through an agent who will just take a deposit 😊

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just booked our summer 2021 holiday, not sure if it's a stupid thing to do or not but felt like as a family we needed something to look forward to. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Had the same thought. October to ibiza with jet2 is cheap enough right now, was gonna have a year off this year in the hope of being able to afford Florida in 2021. But I agree prices may well skyrocket once this all dies down and I reckon Disney may not be the experience it once was.

So tempting as you say to have something to look forward too as a family, we should be at legoland next weekend for my wife's bday, had to move it too sept hopefully that's enough time for things to get back to some sort of normal.

After all this hectic and worries,I can understand the urge to get away.....

but Standing around a busy airport,with or without Children wont be my idea of fun und start of a relaxing period...

I suggested to my 4 grown up kids, all with Children under 7....Dont stress themselves in worrying about a big expensive Holiday in the Next 2 years..2020/21..

Rather Plan Shortish breaks, or Good days out..and long weekends...

Though I reckon After several months at home,in lockdown,some kids will be Happy to have a break from their overwired und stressed out parents!!!

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

This thread used to be my favourite place but now it’s ****ing grim. 

If there is one thing I want to do when this is over it’s see more of the world.

Yeah don’t think I’ve ever participated in this thread but I used to enjoy reading it, I managed to get my holiday for this year done already it was decided last year we would go to Las Vegas when booked only time I could go was beginning of February, only been 6 weeks since we have been back but it feels like a lifetime ago 

• Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

I saw nowhere a moment before Reno, damn it haha

If I'm being entirely honest, so did I.

But sometimes, if you really don't like reality, the best thing is to deny it and to live in a fantasy world. It's the rational choice.

I'm thinking of booking some flights this week for a snowboard holiday for New Year... 

It feels crazy as airlines may fold etc but return flights for two plus snowboard carriage less than a hundred notes to Innsbruck..... 

I can't make up my mind if its a no brainer or plain stupid!

43 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm thinking of booking some flights this week for a snowboard holiday for New Year... 

It feels crazy as airlines may fold etc but return flights for two plus snowboard carriage less than a hundred notes to Innsbruck..... 

Just my opinion of course but depending on your income situation, its possibly worth the risk for less than £100, particularly if you buy them on your credit card. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Just my opinion of course but depending on your income situation, its possibly worth the risk for less than £100, particularly if you buy them on your credit card. 

This is what I was thinking!

57 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Plain stupid for the no brains..:teehee:

If you can spare the loss why not!!

Worth the gamble...

But  I know of 2 wise ones who have put there 2 heads together,to try & sort out where the Humans are failing..

IMG-20200326-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1