Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Shit, doesn't sound good

They have A corona Ampel warning info system...can go from orange to green back to Orange in a day..Leads to. English version

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.berlin.de/corona/en/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjTuoyEnYLsAhXNQhUIHYvFBdMQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0bNUIluPjSYRnqqSg-o5b3

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Just about to book some flights to Berlin for end of October, fingers crossed we actually get to go

im in berlin now 

check out berliner republik in freidrichtstraße .. they do a stock exchange type of thing with the beer. the one that sells the least goes down in price etc. im having 3€ pints in there atm

also if you fancy doing a tour would one million percent recommend the ‘rude bastards tour’.. it’s a non pc tour. really funny and informative 

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp

15 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

im in berlin now 

check out berliner republik in freidrichtstraße .. they do a stock exchange type of thing with the beer. the one that sells the least goes down in price etc. im having 3€ pints in there atm

also if you fancy doing a tour would one million percent recommend the ‘rude bastards tour’.. it’s a non pc tour. really funny and informative 

Thanks man

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just booked a couple of days in Portugal next weekend. Flights are £25 each, each way, and 2 for the price of one atm so £50 return for us both. The weather still looks good, and it's somewhere I've never been. Booked a little apartment near the beach and plan on doing absolutely nothing apart from eating, drinking, and sitting in the sun. Can't wait :)

Fair play to Ryanair ATM (even though they owe me.money)...the two for one is a great offer.

My recent flights to Mallorca had a sorry 20 punters each way. I'm guessing each if us paying perhaps 40 quid each leg. So they were running flights, 2 a day, from east mids for 800 quid gross takings, Inc tax.  wouldn't have even covered the crew wages, let alone landing fees, plane lease and fuel. 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair play to Ryanair ATM (even though they owe me.money)...the two for one is a great offer.

My recent flights to Mallorca had a sorry 20 punters each way. I'm guessing each if us paying perhaps 40 quid each leg. So they were running flights, 2 a day, from east mids for 800 quid gross takings, Inc tax.  wouldn't have even covered the crew wages, let alone landing fees, plane lease and fuel. 

Our flights to Malaga were similarly empty, not complaining though!

How was Majorca? 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Our flights to Malaga were similarly empty, not complaining though!

How was Majorca? 

Yeah..bit like having a private jet. Everything on time, no queues, security a doddle. Personal service...

Majorca was great. Very Spanish. It's like they have reclaimed the Island from.brits, scandis and Germans. Even some of the British run gaffs were having to speak basic Spanish to the punters. But the vibe was very different..quite cosmopolitan, except for Claire Sweeney, who I kept seeing in the same bars and restaurants! Lol

Militant mask wearing. They are hot on it as you'd warned 

And bars closed at 1am ...which is more than enough for me anyways tbh

• Like 1

Meant to be going to Edinburgh in a week and a half but their covid figures are similar to Glasgow when they locked down. And Edinburgh figures are rising.... cant see there not being a local lockdown meaning no trip as I'm meeting another household in pubs / restaurants.

Whats worse is that I've passed the deadline for changing my flights for free.

Keep fingers crossed but not too hopeful.

Due to go to Snowdonia for 5 days in November for my birthday with old friends. Now it seems the virus is creeping north in Wales. We lose all our money if we can't go. Not as bad as some who've been forced to miss holidays abroad but, even so, worrying.

Edited by Parafox

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just waiting for the bus to the airport. Return flights from Turkey are always a nightmare. We fly at 10 to 1 in the morning and I bet its delayed as always. 

Have you been to Turkey mate? You haven't mentioned it :D

• Haha 2

I've got 2 breaks booked for first week of December, both with free hotel cancellations, one in Budapest and one in Edinburgh lol Obviously got flights to Budapest booked and have done for a while, they've already been changed once, so hopefully will be able to change them if needed. Budapest is quarantined at both ends at the minute so will need a month off to go for 4 days, so that's looking extremely unlikely but you never know. 

Not expecting to go to either, at the very least there will probably be a ban on mixing households so my toddler can't go and stay with grandparents. 

Meant to be going Berlin for the weekend on Friday, but as luck would have it my partners been contact traced from a yoga class she went to last week and advised to self-isolate. Nothing to stop me going but seeing if I can switch person and go with someone else or reschedule the dates - not holding my breath this late in the day. 

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Meant to be going Berlin for the weekend on Friday, but as luck would have it my partners been contact traced from a yoga class she went to last week and advised to self-isolate. Nothing to stop me going but seeing if I can switch person and go with someone else or reschedule the dates - not holding my breath this late in the day. 

Sounds ideal to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1