Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FreddieFox

Huth the difference for me!

Keeps things really simple. Every aspect of his game is based on solid simplicity. If there's a header/tackle to be won, he'll smash it out of play, nullifying the attack. Only defender we have who I don't feel nervous when he has the ball. Seem to be far more organised with him in the side.

Just a special mention for Kasper recently too. Didn't want him back in the side, and along with a lot of city fans I wanted Hamer to retain his place after his run of games. However, since he's come in he's made some big saves (Downing for example) and I'm slightly more confident with our defending (although first half yesterday was absolutely criminal). Love his passion and goal-celebrations too.

Keeps things really simple. Every aspect of his game is based on solid simplicity. If there's a header/tackle to be won, he'll smash it out of play, nullifying the attack. Only defender we have who I don't feel nervous when he has the ball. Seem to be far more organised with him in the side.

Just a special mention for Kasper recently too. Didn't want him back in the side, and along with a lot of city fans I wanted Hamer to retain his place after his run of games. However, since he's come in he's made some big saves (Downing for example) and I'm slightly more confident with our defending (although first half yesterday was absolutely criminal). Love his passion and goal-celebrations too.

Good point on Kasper, there was one moment where he came out and punched a ball clear which we'd never have seen at the start of the season. Looks like he's trying to improve that aspect of his game which is a positive.

Good point on Kasper, there was one moment where he came out and punched a ball clear which we'd never have seen at the start of the season. Looks like he's trying to improve that aspect of his game which is a positive.

Really good goal-keeping that was. Although when I saw he was about to go and punch I was screaming at my laptop for him not to lol  lol

Just re-watched MOTD. We have had a lot of criticism from the game because of poor defending from set-pieces. The two main chances they had from set-pieces were Lescott's header from the freekick and then Fletchers goal. Both had free, relatively easy headers and both men were being marked by Ritchie De Laet. NP surely needs to have a word with him, criminal defending

A decent 10/15 mins in the second half and suddenly becomes the Best player on the pitch, we will just ignore the rest of the game shall we

I didn't say he was the best player on the pitch and I actually only mentioned the second half. The fact he had the beating of Dawson all game and kept getting space gave us an outlet. His pace meant we could counter even more effectively than usual. I had the misfortune of being in the home section and a lot of WBA fans were raving about him. 

He wasn't my man of the match but I certainly think he had a bigger effect on the way we played in 2nd half than anyone else.

I like Huth, good old fashioned no nonsense defender. However he is limited in his football playing ability, Danny Higginbotham summer him up perfectly on goals on Sunday a week or so back saying that he was Stokes best defender but not suited to the way Hughes wants them to play.

Thought he could do better with the sliced clearance for their corner and first goal on Saturday. He is our best centre back but we need to accept that there will still be plenty of direct football with him playing.

I like Huth, good old fashioned no nonsense defender. However he is limited in his football playing ability, Danny Higginbotham summer him up perfectly on goals on Sunday a week or so back saying that he was Stokes best defender but not suited to the way Hughes wants them to play.

Thought he could do better with the sliced clearance for their corner and first goal on Saturday. He is our best centre back but we need to accept that there will still be plenty of direct football with him playing.

Yet he looks like Cambiasso on the ball compared to Morgan haha.

Archived