Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Last Leicester City player capped by England

That's IF Vardy even gets capped. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't play him tbh. 

Surely they will give him a go in a friendly.

Tbh, the pecking order is still: Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Kane, Berahino, Austin, Ings and then probably Vardy. Realistically he is only included because some of that list is at the U21 tournament. But still, if he gets a chance and takes it he could be a part of the next few squads which would be an amazing achievement. Not to mention that he gives something the other forwards don't give and I cannot help but to think him and Rooney would be such a good combination.

Guest bss9401

I think that Vardy will get some minutes. We all know that he is well down the pecking order but this is his chance. I think he suits Hodgson's style and may surprise a few people with his pace and energy.

That's IF Vardy even gets capped. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't play him tbh. 

I really hope that he does. In any case it is just another incredible chapter in what has happened since April! Who could have imagined in December we would be safe with a game to spare and Vardy in the England squad! Brilliant!

Will Vardy be the lowest scoring top flight striker to every play for England?

Didn't welbeck go about a year and a half scoring just one goal and still made every England squad? That was for a team at the top of the league too.

But it was ok cos he "brought more than goals", which apparently Vardy doesn't...

edit oh wait do you mean all time scoring record? does Walcott count considering he'd never played a game when Sven took him the euros lol

Didn't welbeck go about a year and a half scoring just one goal and still made every England squad? That was for a team at the top of the league too.

But it was ok cos he "brought more than goals", which apparently Vardy doesn't...

edit oh wait do you mean all time scoring record? does Walcott count considering he'd never played a game when Sven took him the euros lol

Think Walcott will be the one.

Archived