Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

The board have obviously got fed up with the guy. You don't trust your hundreds of millions of investment to someone who you don't trust.

Presumably they trusted him more than their other two managers. In terms of doing the things you need a manager to do, i.e. win loads of stuff, he was as trustworthy as they come.

But yes, it goes without saying that 'they got fed up with the guy'. They need to have a go at coming up with a reason, however, and for things to work out spectacularly well with his successor if they're to go down as anything other than the latest set of idiots to run Leicester City.

If it has anything to do with James Pearson, then it was the single most avoidable dismissal in Premier League history, from beginning to end.

If he's kicked up a fuss about his idiot son being sacked then I'll have lost a bit of respect for Nigel.

His son was bang out of order with what happened he should of accepted that he'd done wrong and got on with it.

If that had happened then we'd be finding out Pearson has resigned. He clearly doesn't think his position is untenable or that the situation means he can't work with the owners. This is their decision.

We have no idea what he thinks.  If the relationship was as badly broken as I describe, then its for the best that its done now.  This seems to be where the emerging media reports are heading anyway.

It has to do with the Thailand incident. If it was anything to do with any of the other incidents, surely he would have been long gone.If it's to do with James Pearson, the club have done the right thing, because if he's sticking up for that behaviour than fine. Anything else and I'd question their decision.

I'd be very surprised if Nigel fell out with them over his son getting the bullet. I know blood is thicker than water and all that but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who'd kick off about the decision to fire the Thai3.

I agree it would have already happened if that was an issue 

I agree it would have already happened if that was an issue 

Everyone keeps assuming that in their rush to blame the owners.  Perhaps they gave it some time to see how it would pan out, and now they have concluded its not going to, and have decided to try and clear the air before the season starts.  

Pearson Jr sacked. Senior Pearson doesn't like it. He forces them to bring Jr Pearson back, but fails. He throws his toys out the pram and gives an ultimatium to the board, in trying to call their bluff. He wrongfully misjudges the situation. Thus, he is sacked.

Or,

Okazaki turns up to Belvoir Drive and Nigel says: "who the feck are you?!". Confronts the board and says he can't work with a board who signs players without his approval. Sacked.

Pearson Jr sacked. Senior Pearson doesn't like it. He forces them to bring Jr Pearson back, but fails. He throws his toys out the pram and gives an ultimatium to the board, in trying to call their bluff. He wrongfully misjudges the situation. Thus, he is sacked.

Or,

Okazaki turns up to Belvoir Drive and Nigel says: "who the feck are you?!". Confronts the board and says he can't work with a board who signs players without his approval. Sacked.

Or something completely different.

Archived