Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Kasabian Pull No Punches

Maybe I've been too cooped up in my celebratory bubble for the last few months but I'm amazed to find out how many people really didn't like Pearson. Can't help but feel rather superior when they cite trivial reasons like 'arrogance' and PR when criticising him though. Just forget about the football, lads, that's secondary.

Then Barton being a twat means most wouldn't want him here.

Footballing ability is one thing, but it can be hard to support someone you don't actually like as a person. Look at the England team.

I actually just stopped listening to his interviews, because despite all the people saying he is a great bloke in real life his interviewee persona is one of an arrogant stubborn and defensive person. His team selections sometimes back that up.

Interesting.

I've often thought this forum is not particularly representative of many fans view of Nigel Pearson. I think this arrogance thing comes back to haunt him time over.

However, I don't think he's bothered. That's a shame, because it's likely led, in some way, to his sacking.

Most people on here seem quite young. The ones like mark w, MattP, the doctor etc seem in their late teens at the oldest, perhaps 16 or so (no offence intended boys just an observation). Pearson is the only successful Leicester manager they've ever known. Only natural I suppose that they got a bit more attached than the average city fan who has seen plenty of managers come and go.

Most people on here seem quite young. The ones like mark w, MattP, the doctor etc seem in their late teens at the oldest, perhaps 16 or so (no offence intended boys just an observation). Pearson is the only successful Leicester manager they've ever known. Only natural I suppose that they got a bit more attached than the average city fan who has seen plenty of managers come and go.

Hahaha Matt P wishes he was in his late teens pal! He'll ****ing love that.

Then Barton being a twat means most wouldn't want him here.

Footballing ability is one thing, but it can be hard to support someone you don't actually like as a person. Look at the England team.

I actually just stopped listening to his interviews, because despite all the people saying he is a great bloke in real life his interviewee persona is one of an arrogant stubborn and defensive person. His team selections sometimes back that up.

He had a temper that flared up occasionally I would have to admit. Although I think that was frustration at defeat rather than him being a cvnt. But he was never a unpleasant to the fans, was clearly appreciated by the players and was actually very civil when he'd calmed down.

He's might appear arrogant buts he's really not, never talked up his own achievements because he placed lots of emphasis on the team and the back room staff, the owners (lol) and even the fans.

He could be rude, stubborn, abrupt, whatever but he's never seemed arrogant to me

Has anyone actually got anything personal they would like to share to back up their speculative claim that Nigel was arrogant?

I presume the answer would be no and that it is entirely based on his actions with the media, which you'd have to be daft to think was anything other than an act to protect his players.

He might've been but he got results.

Hopefully the next man will get results, play great football and help old ladies across the street whilst donating millions to charity.

This is what gets me about this forum really. The minute anyone says anything that doesn't play into their view of 'Nige the great' gets a complete and utter backlash. Earlier on in the year people were even slating Linekar (the man who saved our club) for having a pop ffs, then even though it's all speculation because nobody actually knows anything, the owners (the people that have funded all of the development from the squad to the training facilities) have gone from being the best in the whole football league to being absolute c*nts, now Leicester's biggest ever band and despite what some are saying on here about 'third tier rockers' they are probably the Country's biggest current rock band, have said Pearson is arrogant and all of a sudden '**** Kasabian they are sh*t'. The answer is always the same as well 'people that actually know him say he's a very nice man.' - this is as much rumour mongering as the transfer forum and twitter ffs, has anyone on here (ok there are probably 2 people) actually met Pearson for longer than a handshake? No. And who knows what people are like or what they are capable of behind closed doors. When I first moved into my house the neighbours told us the family that lived here were 'the nicest people we ever met' 'they never wanted to leave and the day they moved they came round for tea and were all crying' - 6 months ago my neighbour tells me they had a visit from the women that used to live hear, turns out her fella had been shagging women left right and centre, oh and the daughter knew but he threatened to rape and kill her if she ever told her mum...

Has anyone actually got anything personal they would like to share to back up their speculative claim that Nigel was arrogant?

I presume the answer would be no and that it is entirely based on his actions with the media, which you'd have to be daft to think was anything other than an act to protect his players.

There are plenty of first hand accounts of Nigel being difficult to deal with, he had problems with people like Rudkin, the owners and plenty of the press, I'm not sur how arguing with Rudkin is an act to protect the team. I liked Pearson but as someone who has to direct people I can understand that he was difficult to deal with, if I owned city and the manager was as difficult as NP I'd show him the door.

There are plenty of first hand accounts of Nigel being difficult to deal with, he had problems with people like Rudkin, the owners and plenty of the press, I'm not sur how arguing with Rudkin is an act to protect the team. I liked Pearson but as someone who has to direct people I can understand that he was difficult to deal with, if I owned city and the manager was as difficult as NP I'd show him the door.

This

He is, given I was coming in at the end of the O'Neill era, but that's irrelevant - looking at it from any angle he's been a good manager for the club - of the permanent managers with more than 5 games in charge, he has two of the best three win percentages, twice he's come into a team in the mire and turned it around, he's got us up and kept us up, a feat only 4 others (O'Neill, Little, Milne, Halliday) have achieved in post war football. He's a success for the club, pure and simple

This is what gets me about this forum really. The minute anyone says anything that doesn't play into their view of 'Nige the great' gets a complete and utter backlash. Earlier on in the year people were even slating Linekar (the man who saved our club) for having a pop ffs, then even though it's all speculation because nobody actually knows anything, the owners (the people that have funded all of the development from the squad to the training facilities) have gone from being the best in the whole football league to being absolute c*nts, now Leicester's biggest ever band and despite what some are saying on here about 'third tier rockers' they are probably the Country's biggest current rock band, have said Pearson is arrogant and all of a sudden '**** Kasabian they are sh*t'. The answer is always the same as well 'people that actually know him say he's a very nice man.' - this is as much rumour mongering as the transfer forum and twitter ffs, has anyone on here (ok there are probably 2 people) actually met Pearson for longer than a handshake? No.

A bit like those on here who will use literally any allegation to fuel their irrational hatred of the bloke?

Archived