Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

So this ref has caused a huge argument in our house today. I hope he can afford to be sued for causing stress to someone in his care.

The Mrs didn't take too kindly to me shouting at the computer and telling the ref he had it all wrong. She then proceeded to have a go at me while my adrenaline is still rushing so I took my iPad with me somewhere else to watch it. Now this evening I've just had the third degree about how she is frustrated about being stuck in the house all weekend and that I should of offered to take her out. Well I'm sorry you had a go at me and told me to go somewhere else. Now you've just said I shouldn't have gone and taken you out after the football instead.

Bloody pregnant women, almost as bad as terrible referees!

Honestly he fvcked so many relationships today. I've been asked to apologise for how I reacted to "a game of football". No chance dear.

- sent from my living room sofa aka my bed for this evening

Honestly he fvcked so many relationships today. I've been asked to apologise for how I reacted to "a game of football". No chance dear.

Yep I've been sent to the spare room tonight. No way am I apologising for a) doing what she told me to do and going away and b) being passionate about something I love. It's not like I haven't done it every weekend since we'll before we met lol.

You should have been there Steve, at least I had 2.5 hours to calm down before facing mine - who I may add thought we had lost, didnt know about the equaliser until I phoned her from outside the ground. Enjoy your night on the sofa!

Well we were extremely lucky not to be 1-0 behind after 2 minutes and I cant think of too many clear cut chances we had in the game even with 11 men? A draw was the fair result. Even if Vardy stayed on the pitch, who's to say West ham wouldn't have equalised? Are you suggesting that we wouldn't have given away a penalty from a corner if Vardy was still on the pitch?

Why are teams never extremely luck to hit the post.Another couple of inches wide and it goes off for a goal kick.

You should have been there Steve, at least I had 2.5 hours to calm down before facing mine - who I may add thought we had lost, didnt know about the equaliser until I phoned her from outside the ground. Enjoy your night on the sofa!

Least you can knock one out in peace!

No - you've taken it out of context. Re-read what I wrote. My comment was that one, if one was like-minded, could construe any piece of info. in a partisan way - as the original ref. coming from Leicester. Please don't assume I'm as dim-witted as you would wish to believe me to be.

The ref from leicester was for the Spurs game, not ours. I'm aware you weren't seriously suggesting that, but as I said, anyone who would suggest it is clutching at straws to say the least,

Just watched MOTD and very disappointed that neither Shearer nor Wright acknowledged that Ogbonna was the first to initiate contact by clearly grabbing Vardy's upper arm and holding on for several yards, before going down!! They completely omitted that fact, along with the presenter and inferred that Ogbonna never made any contact whatsoever, before Vardy wrapped his legs around him!!?

Also, call me a paranoid, narcissistic fool but I didn't like the way the presenter (whatever his name is) opened the show with the line "Leicester have been punching above their weight the whole season...". I took that as a backhanded compliment at best.. Smug so and so!!

Anyone else worried about Huth next season in the CL? His elbows and forearms are all over the place and European refs will easily give fouls and penalties against him.

I love Huth but he takes unnecessary risks sometimes.

Could be a huge point that today.  However to me it indicates that we're going to have to do this the hard way.  I think we can all forget about having this wrapped up by Old Trafford, this will go right down to the wire.  

If Spurs win tomorrow (I personally expect them to spank an absolutely bottle-less Stoke City side) and comparing our two run-ins, I honestly hesitate calling us favourites.  Spurs will be confident of taking three points from every match from now on in so it all comes down to us.  

But whatever happens, we should all be very proud of what we've achieved. 

The ref had a mare... It comes down to the ref being affected by the Leicester are favoured by refs hype the media and north London fanbase have been drumming up in recent weeks.

All of it added up to poor decisions throughout the whole game and summed up by the vardy sending off and schlup penalty at the end.

He finally thought this bias against Leicester has gone too far and is very obvious in light of everything that happened. So he gives a penalty at the end.

The ref basically ruined what could have been a very good match. As a side note defenders need to learn how to defend better. Really disappointed in all this grappling going on from all teams.

Would guarantee if the west ham defender and Vardy roles were reversed with Vardy behind the defender, Vardy would have been called on the foul against the defender. Would the defender have been called for a yellow card....doubt it

The ref was a disgrace for the entire match.

Shearer got it spot on.

How people are denying its a dive is totally beyond me.  Must be some sort of weird group hysteria / hallucination.

Do people really want to believe something so much that they convince themselves its true?

Strange crowd

It is still ours to lose, the problem is I can see spurs winning all their games, so we need to win at least 2 of our remaining if I am right. That spurs team is not just winning but also easily dominating games. Liverpool which they drew against was probably the hardest game they had left (liverpool have improved a lot lately). Liverpool fans have also reminded me the 2 times they were in a title race in last 10 years both times their title contender won all their remaining games.

What frustrated me so much about this game is that we looked comfortable with 11 men, then what I consider a dodgy red card happened followed by a dodgy penalty, our penalty was also soft which I expect the ref decided he felt a bit guilty at that point. Vardy I think played for the penalty, he deliberatly ran into the other players path, and waited for the contact, then fell down, however I think for 2 reasons, the yellow shouldnt have happened.
1 - there was contact.
2 - for consistency sake, contact with dive's in the penalty area do not typically result in a booking for diving.

The conceded penalty was just ridiculous, under the law of the game, it was a foul, but that law is never followed otherwise there would be 10 penalties a game for fouls on set pieces in the box.

As to the reasons for the bad performance? I dont think he is a spurs fan, it could simply have just been a very bad game for him (which all ref's seem suspect to), but  I do find the reasoning about the media hyping up recent refereeing decisions could well have been a factor.

Shearer got it spot on.

How people are denying its a dive is totally beyond me.  Must be some sort of weird group hysteria / hallucination.

Do people really want to believe something so much that they convince themselves its true?

Strange crowd

The question is, does everyone get booked for diving (with contact)?

No

Archived