Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Does anyone else find Alan Smith really annoying?

Thank God some other people hate Alan Smith.

He's dull. I don't mind softly spoken but he's just so dull.

Plus they introduce him as "ex Leixester" hinting he's loyal to them but all he does is say how lucky we are every time they win. He offers nothing.

Still. Premier League Champions. Can't complain

You would have thought smiggy would be a bit more pro Leicester given his time here but it's a big leap to say he is a shit pundit considering his colleagues. Good pundits are few and far between as its opinion based. I think people think good pundits are people they agree with all the time, errr thats not that likely as your probably biased yourself.

Smith is ultra boring and clearly the voice coaches appear to have given up on him. He does drone on. However, I rate him higher than the likes of Alan Shearer who has zilch charisma / personality.

I like Henry who shows some passion, but being 50% Irish, can't forget the hand of frog disgrace.

Very boring but his best years were at arsenal. Respect his opinions on vardy.. But he should step back and look at what he is leaving the best team in the country by ten points. The chance to grow a legend for himself and Leicester . And the arsenal fans moan and turn on people more than any team. Remember then saying Henry was crap when he first went there should get rid. They preferred wiltord. Rose tinted specs from smith. The grass is generally not greener but for smith it was . And Henry said he would love to play in our team don't forget . The best ever striker.

He's that dull he's hard to dislike.

However he's always pissed me off for how little love he's ever shown for Leicester, it's almost like he's embarrassed he once played for us and only seem to jump on the Leicester bandwagon when it looked like we were really going to win the title.

Considering he played 200 games for us it's a poor show, I'm sure if Jamie Vardy becomes a snake and jumps ship to Arsenal in the future he'll show Leicester a lot of love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smith_(footballer,_born_1962)

Don't really have a problem with him. I can think of far worse pundits. He's boring but inoffensive.

I don't like how suddenly he remembers he actually played for us though. Same with Robbie Savage. He was bumming us at the end of the season but didn't give a monkeys about us previously, even though he won his only trophy in his career with us.

The position Alan Smith was in when he was here is totally different to the position we are in now, so I don't see the relevance of his points.

As for liking him, I agree with Koke, inoffensive and pretty boring, and I also agree with Koke about Robbie Savage. Most times over the past few years he's been raving about his Derby days, and it's only towards the end of this season he's started to mention his times with us, which were by far the best of his career.

Alan Smith is not dull he has a West Midlands accent which isn't the best.

He's highly intelligent, respectful and appreciative of the opportunity we gave him and his time at Leicester!

On numerous occasions, after he was transferred to Arsenal, he was at the old Filbo watching us (when possible) I worked at the club then, know him personally and he always spoke and there was never ever any Billy big bollocks.

He's a genuinely nice,honest down to earth bloke and as per usual twats on here talking out their arses!

No, The Wealth of Nations was a great book and he's been dead for over 200 years so its difficult to still find him annoying.

Wealth of Nations is an awful book!

I noticed Alan Smith soon changed his twitter photo of him in a Leicester kit once we'd won the league.

Wealth of Nations is an awful book!

I noticed Alan Smith soon changed his twitter photo of him in a Leicester kit once we'd won the league.

Great meaning large or immense, I used it in the pejorative sense

Remember kids, if a pundit says something negative about your club he's instantly shit  :rolleyes:

I guarantee 90% of the negative opinions on Smith are because he has had the temerity to doubt/criticise or go against us. If someone doesn't essentially suck up to us 100% of the time they are deemed useless.

Not sure how anyone can get annoyed about Alan Smith when there's nobs like Mickey Quinn, Sourness, Lawro, Gareth Crooks, Clive Allen, Michael Owen and Danny Mills around...

lol

This...

My mate can do a MAGIC impersonation of Crooks...

I thought he was terrible when we played Arse! I slagged him off plenty, still not worse than 'Dunny' Mills or Michael 'can't think for myself' Owen and the rest! Still they are better than the crap we had in the Championship! eg Don ''Notverygoodman'!

Maybe we need a poll on piss poor pundits. Then again, the list would be tediously long. I wonder where the old boys of Smith, Lineker, O'Neil, Elliot, Lennon and Savage would rank. That's a long list in itself but there is only one actually from Leicester.

Remember kids, if a pundit says something negative about your club he's instantly shit  :rolleyes:

I guarantee 90% of the negative opinions on Smith are because he has had the temerity to doubt/criticise or go against us. If someone doesn't essentially suck up to us 100% of the time they are deemed useless.

This  :thumbup:

Archived