Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

‘Champions’ Season Review - On Sale From Friday

It's ok and I was grinning through most of it. All the goals obviously and the majority of major moments from games are there. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't think it's as good as some of the 90s highlight videos. Feel it would have been better if a narrator was adding some context to the games and if they had used more SKY or BBC commentary as a lot of it seems to come from Foxes player and frankly it's radio roots are pretty apparent. Not watched the extras yet but they are pretty lengthy. Tragically Boccellis performance is not among them.

sounds disappointing then considering the magnitude of our achievements!

sounds similar to last season or our Championship winning season as well if it's just Foxes Player and/or radio commentary. 

It's ok and I was grinning through most of it. All the goals obviously and the majority of major moments from games are there. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't think it's as good as some of the 90s highlight videos. Feel it would have been better if a narrator was adding some context to the games and if they had used more SKY or BBC commentary as a lot of it seems to come from Foxes player and frankly it's radio roots are pretty apparent. Also I'm not sure what happened with the audio for Man City away but something is definitely off with it. Not watched the extras yet but they are pretty lengthy. Tragically Boccellis performance is not among them.

Just got to the Etihad game, sounds like it's being played inside a tin can.

Guest BlueBrett

It's ok and I was grinning through most of it. All the goals obviously and the majority of major moments from games are there. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking but I don't think it's as good as some of the 90s highlight videos. Feel it would have been better if a narrator was adding some context to the games and if they had used more SKY or BBC commentary as a lot of it seems to come from Foxes player and frankly it's radio roots are pretty apparent. Also I'm not sure what happened with the audio for Man City away but something is definitely off with it. Not watched the extras yet but they are pretty lengthy. Tragically Boccellis performance is not among them.

That's absurd. One of the most most memorable, spine-tinglingly sensational moments of my life. I'm sure I'll think of it on my deathbed. Puts me off buying the dvd altogether.

That's absurd. One of the most most memorable, spine-tinglingly sensational moments of my life. I'm sure I'll think of it on my deathbed. Puts me off buying the dvd altogether.

It's this lack of off field incidents that makes this pale in comparison to the NBC and Lineker docs. Football wise other than the Sunderland player kicking the ball in his own face everything I wanted was pretty much included. But off the field there's nothing, No madcap Ranieri press conference quotes, no mahrez winning the pfa award, no pundits making tits of themselves, no Boccelli. Surely some of these could have been included, there's just no context at all outside the games. Most criminally of all theres no footage from vardys house. Just straight from the man utd draw to the Everton game. It's still a great watch but it should have been so much more.

That doesn't sound ok, it sounds atrocious.

No narrator and foxes player commentary? Jesus Christ how fvcking cheap.

Thankfully I taped all the highlights off TV. A much better watch.

It's alright.

The first DVD is just game after game, no post match reactions or anything else. It jumps straight from Old Trafford to us walking out with a guard of honour against Everton and that's odd.

I've watched the Trophy Lift on the 2nd DVD and it's Sky's commentary on that with a few decent Foxes TV interviews that's not bad at all could have been a bit longer but I guess they are restricted by what SKy covered.

Just watching the parade before the England game which is lots of overheads of the bus, a few player interviews but with that DJ set From Vicki Park all over it. I guess they had to put something over 15-20 minutes of a bus crawling through Leicester just not sure that's what it needed. One a plus note the cheerleaders are on there....

Only watched the first DVD so far, but it's just a back to back recap of all of the games, sometimes only showing the goals and sometimes showing a little bit more. It shows the table at the end of each month too. Surely they could have showed the moment we became Champions instead of going from the Man Utd game to Everton with no mention of what Spurs had done? 

Hopefully there's better content on the second disc.

I expected it to be poor though to be honest, as they always are. At least it'll be nice to watch in decades to come and be reminded of it all.

An advert on the first disc for a not yet released DVD of this season?

Where they show player interviews, Fuchs soaking Claudio etc.,

I noticed that this morning, there was a "Coming Soon" hadn't spotted it before.

I really hope so, although I've no idea why they couldn't do it as one, other than taking another £13.49 off me. :)

Disappointing reading these posts/reviews.

I'm waiting for the blue-ray version but it sounds underwhelming. Season reviews used to be brilliant, like a little story. Used to go through pre season with new signings and everything.

Watching this now and it is awful. Basically anyone with half a brain, video editing software and the rights to use the footage (which strangely I suspect they might not have given how little BBC/Sky commentary there is) could have done better.

No graphics of any worth, no clever editing to cut between scenes, little incidental music (and that which they do use is poor) and no subtitles. Thought we were big in other countries now?

If I had done it, would have used a narrative for the season and maybe have asked fans to relive each match and get their memories after each game. Are we going to stay up? When will we reach safety? Just when did we start believing? There would have been graphics, updating of scores as goals went in. More music, more players, more fans. It would have been the "story" of the season. Not a hack and glue mish-mash.

Amateurish :(

Archived