Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

yeah i'd definitely like to do parklife at some stage for the line up alone. the idea of a go home at night and come back tomorrow festival doesn't really sit well with me as most the fun i've ever had at festivals has been once the main music's finished and you rock up at some dj tent somewhere at like 4 am not knowing your own name and just bobbing round in the dark etc. 

but you can't argue with their line ups year after year. it was superb looking at last year and it seems to have improved somehow. the other issue being that it's only over two days i imagine once you get there/look at stage times there would be a ridiculous amount of clashes and you'd only get to see about 25% of what you actually wanted to, or be one of them bells who runs from stage to stage to catch 3 or 4 songs per set of everyone on the line up. 

yeah i'd definitely like to do parklife at some stage for the line up alone. the idea of a go home at night and come back tomorrow festival doesn't really sit well with me as most the fun i've ever had at festivals has been once the main music's finished and you rock up at some dj tent somewhere at like 4 am not knowing your own name and just bobbing round in the dark etc. 

but you can't argue with their line ups year after year. it was superb looking at last year and it seems to have improved somehow. the other issue being that it's only over two days i imagine once you get there/look at stage times there would be a ridiculous amount of clashes and you'd only get to see about 25% of what you actually wanted to, or be one of them bells who runs from stage to stage to catch 3 or 4 songs per set of everyone on the line up. 

Parklife is very good. Had an amazing time last year. I know what you mean about the non-camping and it is a hassle getting to and from the city. I've got my weekend ticket for this year. The DJ line-up is filled with every good DJ there possibly is. The highlight last year was probably: Seth Troxler b2b Jamie Jones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Didn't get tickets to Radio One Weekend, So I am working there. Although I'm going to the DJ Friday night event which will be cool.
Going to Parklife weekend soon and Sundown for the day towards the end of September.

Slam Dunk tomorrow for me up in Le Le Le Leeds!

Main stage all day apart from missing We are the ocean for Beartooth. Can't wait to get on that train and crack open a few dark fruits'.

What were Beartooth like? Love their album but they sound atrocious live judging by Youtube

What were Beartooth like? Love their album but they sound atrocious live judging by Youtube

The queue to get in was about 500 people long so we have up and got some shots instead haha.

I saw them at the kerrang tour in feb though and enjoyed them alot though. Its not the kind of band youre expecting to sound bang on, as they do on their album.

almost certainly doing leeds. hope there is at least one good act each day. 

pretty sure the main dog jamie t is rocking up so that's one day boxed off. u wot u wot leedz 

• Like 1

almost certainly doing leeds. hope there is at least one good act each day. 

pretty sure the main dog jamie t is rocking up so that's one day boxed off. u wot u wot leedz 

Being a scouser that means you like The Wombats by default, so that's 2 days chalked off.