Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DangerFox

First Leicester player who you wanted to be your hero and emulate!

Mine was ooh Tommy Wright.

I was 7, and it was 1989 and I just remember him running up the wing! Unfortunately it was under David Pleat. (Can you believe I first started to support LCFC under Pleat)

I was gutted when he left for Middlesboro!

Same as me, I was a bit older, 10 in 89 when I 1st went to a game WBA away.

Tommy Wright was the player who stood out for me, as I played and wanted to be a winger.

Infact only Gary Mac came close during that era. Why we kept going back under pleat I'll never know, but Oxford at home is still one of the best memories. So in a strange way pleat helped create something lol

Never really looked at a player in the same light until the MON days, then Scotty Taylor (mcghee signing I know) and Muzzy were my idols, bleached the hair once for the Taylor look. Strange thing is, looking back Muzzy is only like 4 years older than me and yet I still hero worshiped him.

Stearman... He broke through the first year I got a season ticket and the first year I started playing on a Sunday. He was an academy lad, an exciting prospect in a team of dross and most importantly we have the same name, we played the same position and I was given his shirt number on a Sunday and always had no. 17 since

Probably Steve Walsh. I came from Kettering originally and spent my early years following the Poppies. I went to my first game in around '92 the first year of BL's management (I think). My cousin - who was a bit older and used to take me to the Kettering games - took us over to Leicester. I was 14 then and got hooked and was just about old enough to catch the train to and from games when he wasn't going. 

Walshy was just full blooded. I also really liked Grayson and Whitlow.

Archived