Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Nugents performance today

He's not the scapegoat, but he's been performing poorly for too long and he looks a weak link in our attacking.

he is massively the scapegoat. since we dropped him we've put in two performances that wouldn't look out of place in non-league let alone the premier league. coincidence? maybe. but him STILL being the blamed man proves he is every ****** scapegoat. 

I'm half tempted to suggest drop him for Wood, give Wood a chance, i'm not his biggest fan but we need to try something, I don't excatly buy into the 'He's played less and scored 1 more from open play then Nuge' but that is a fact and he can't do much worse than Nugent.

Only watched it on stream (only second half as well when I got home from football) but his final ball wasn't good enough today. Link up play and overall play was alright, and got in some decent positions. Just that final bit of quality.

Nugent has been working best in a 4-4-1-1 formation, playing behind Ulloa.

For some reason we haven't played that formation since we beat Stoke 1-0, plus before that collecting two points off Everton & Arsenal, and looking very good against Chelsea for 60 minutes.

It's time to give that formation another go, or bloody introduce Nick Powell.

Tbh I think we're trying to shoehorn Vardy into the side, we've had more success with Nugent behind Ulloa.

Bang on I reckon. It's a strange one as I think Vardy is perhaps our best, and singularly most important player. But the man u game aside we've been pretty poor with him in the side. Nugent and Ulloa up front for me with Vardy off the bench in place of Ulloa.

Ridiculous thread really. Our problem at the mo is far more than just Nugent. I don't think we are particularly creative.

We have to get a player in to make them tick. To control the midfield area and to open up defences. Our strikers are only as good as the supply they work with. I never thought Albrighton would be that good and I'm afraid I still remain to be convinced by Cambiasso. We need a bit of central midfield flair IMO. We are SOLID there, but not creative enough.

Seems Pearson's approach today was, keep it tight then chuck all the strikers on, wherever really. Both Vardy and Nugent ended up out wide, while we kept Ulloa on up top that the ball seemed to bounce off.

That formation won't work unless we have better personal suited to it.

Nugent is too predictable and doesn't have the about to unlock a defence, his lack of goals isn't the issue but it's more that he isn't creative enough for the role he plays - I've defended him in the past bug if we want to progress as a club Nugent needs to be replaced.

**** off Grewks.

Sums up the nugent backers.

They cannot form an argument as to why he 'should be in the side'.

As for myself. If you actually could read I have already posted in at least 2 threads saying he was our most active player today after coming on.

I criticize and praise when necessary, clearly you can't.

As for myself. If you actually could read I have already posted in at least 2 threads saying he was our most active player today after coming on.

**** off Grewks.

:whistle:

We can just ignore posts to suit our agenda now? Sweet. You've never said anything once even slightly realistic or that suggested you've ever watched a game - definitely not in response to this game.  :whistle:

We can just ignore posts to suit our agenda now? Sweet. You've never said anything once even slightly realistic or that suggested you've ever watched a game - definitely not in response to this game.  :whistle:

So are you telling me that his quality of crossing in the burnley game was acceptable? Or even his final ball today??

Or that his finishing....just in the warm-up for instance, is laughable for a professional premier league striker?

So are you telling me that his quality of crossing in the burnley game was acceptable? Or even his final ball today??

Or that his finishing....just in the warm-up for instance, is laughable for a professional premier league striker?

He's not a winger, nor a finisher - he played as a foil to Vardy all of last season, very well it must be said (look at how many assists he got) and also at the start of this season he played as such for Ulloa, again doing so well. You judge the wrong aspects of his game and ignore the right ones just to grind your axe - like judging Konch on his crossing or Drinkwater on his shooting.

I found him very frustrating today. He made great runs and got himself into great positions time and again, but his lack of quality in the final third really showed. With the opportunities he had to create a good chance (after doing well to work the opening I hasten to add) he should've done much better.

We were much better with him on than Albrighton mind. What would've been nice is if Albrighton had got himself into the positions Nugent did then I'm sure he would've done better as he's clearly got a decent cross on him. However a) he didn't get the same service, and (more importantly) b) he didn't make the runs, instead standing out wide and waiting for the ball to come to him.

Albrighton could learn a lot from the way Nugent played today. It's not a coincidence that Nugent saw much more of the ball and got himself into much better positions than he did.

He's not a winger, nor a finisher - he played as a foil to Vardy all of last season, very well it must be said (look at how many assists he got) and also at the start of this season he played as such for Ulloa, again doing so well. You judge the wrong aspects of his game and ignore the right ones just to grind your axe - like judging Konch on his crossing or Drinkwater on his shooting.

Why do you think he was terrible today?

Considerimg ulloa is a marked man, and looked utterly knackered for the last 20 mins and his quality of play dropped off dramatically, id like to see nuge and vardy up top, 4-4-1-1, with albrighton, drinks, cambiasso and mahrez in midfield

Archived