Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Man City (A) Pre-Match

The way Pearson sets us up is with a flat back 5 which is ultra defensive. I just wish he would grow some balls and play quick wing backs and have a go for once. We need to win games so let's have a go schlupp and de laet for me.

I think it will be Arsenal away all over again

If we lose the individual errors in defence that might not be such a bad thing. We played very well against Arsenal and had a big case to claim a point, a result I'd be extremely pleased with tomorrow night. 

Same performance as at Arsenal, lose the mistakes and we have every chance of getting a result tomorrow night.

As for the team I'd like to see:

Hamer

Wasilewski  Huth  Upson

De Laet                                Schluppp

Cambiasso   James

Albrighton                             Mahrez

Kramaric 

I feel Pearson will stick with the same team from Everton though so I expect to see Schwarzer, Simpson and Morgan all playing.

As for the team I'd like to see:

Hamer

Wasilewski  Huth  Upson

De Laet                                Schluppp

Cambiasso   James

Albrighton                             Mahrez

Kramaric 

I feel Pearson will stick with the same team from Everton though so I expect to see Schwarzer, Simpson and Morgan all playing.

That on paper is making the best use of what we have imo and I guess many others. Players on the bench can tweak this system if needed.

Mahhrez and Albrighton would need to tuck in and support the two in midfield, not a problem with wing backs.

Its not going to happen but any manager coming in would use those players, only question is Upson

We will get destroyed if we match them up and go 4-4-2. Absolutely destroyed.

Probably. But if we go with five at the back again we’ll narrowly lose.

Southampton went 5 at the back against WBA at the weekend and then had to change it after 15 mins when WBA scored!

Given that we have spent around £17m on strikers it does seems bizarre to only play one of them. But then I can’t see Ulloa/Kramaric forming a good partnership.

We just don’t have the right combination of personnel to put out a decent side any more.

I’d go a 4231/451.

Hamer

De Laet Huth Was Schlupp

James Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinkwater Albrighton

Kramaric

Probably. But if we go with five at the back again we’ll narrowly lose.

Southampton went 5 at the back against WBA at the weekend and then had to change it after 15 mins when WBA scored!

Given that we have spent around £17m on strikers it does seems bizarre to only play one of them. But then I can’t see Ulloa/Kramaric forming a good partnership.

We just don’t have the right combination of personnel to put out a decent side any more.

I’d go a 4231/451.

Hamer

De Laet Huth Was Schlupp

James Cambiasso

Mahrez Drinkwater Albrighton

Kramaric

What I want to see:

Hamer

De Laet

Huth

Wasilewski

Konchesky

Hammond

James

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Kramaric

Schlupp

What we will probably see:

Schwarzer

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Upson

Konchesky

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Schlupp

Kramaric

Either way I think it's a tall order to even get a result. They will be gunning for us after their last two results. I think packing the midfield and having Hammond in is the better option. We played pretty well vs. Everton though so expect it to be unchanged.

What I want to see:

Hamer

De Laet

Huth

Wasilewski

Konchesky

Hammond

James

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Kramaric

Schlupp

What we will probably see:

Schwarzer

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Upson

Konchesky

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Schlupp

Kramaric

Either way I think it's a tall order to even get a result. They will be gunning for us after their last two results. I think packing the midfield and having Hammond in is the better option. We played pretty well vs. Everton though so expect it to be unchanged.

Yeah I'd be happy with your line-up  (but not Pearson's!).

We’ve picked up 18 points all season and 13 of those have been in the few games that Hammond has started. Not a coincidence.

It is a tall order, but games like this would be great for getting the players used to a system that could work for the rest of the season.  The five man defence isn’t a long-term solution. It worked fairly well against Arsenal, and that’s where it should have ended.

I’ve been banging on about a 451 all season, but I wonder if there just aren’t enough games for the players to get used to it now.

I wonder if this will be the first LCFC match where Barcelona representatives will be present making notes. Someone should tell riyad - he might 'turn up' !

We've got a mutual connection in Lineker.

I think it is strange how the club didn't try and arrange a friendly over the weekend, I mean surely there was another team available to play behind closed door's? anyway I think not playing for over a week is a slight disadvantage if im honest. Man city are a good side at home, I don't expect us to get a win here especially after they lost to liverpool, if they are complacent a point would be a great result for us.

My team would be:

-------------------- Hamer ----------------------

------------ Was - Upson - Huth --------------

RDL ------------------------------------ Schlupp

--------- James - Ham - Cambi --------------

---------------- Nugent---------------------------

----------------------- Kramaric -----------------

Or Mahrez for Nuge

Stat time

Frank Lampard has already scored more PL goals against Leicester with Man City (one in one game) than he did for Chelsea (none in four).

The Foxes have won all three Premier League away games against the Citizens, keeping three clean sheets in the process.

Only one of the last 10 meetings between these two sides in all competitions has ended as a home win (six away wins, three draws).

Leicester have lost 15 of their last 21 Premier League matches, winning only two (D4).

Manchester City have kept only six clean sheets in their last 18 Premier League home matches.

The Foxes have won just one and lost nine of the last 12 Premier League away matches.

Leicester City have kept fewer clean sheets than any other team in the Premier League this season (4).

The reigning Champions have won just two of their last seven Premier League matches (W2 D3 L2).

Sergio Aguero has been involved in five goals (three goals, two assists) in Man City's last three Premier League games.

Manchester City have fired in 447 shots (inc. blocked) this season, the most in the Premier League.

Hamer

Wasilewski Huth Upson

De Laet -----------------------Schlupp

James Cambiasso ©

Nugent Mahrez

Kramaric

Get rid of the two unerperforming fullbacks and implement RDL and Schlupp as wingbacks. James and Cambiasso to shield and play behind Nugent. Kramaric to be sacrificed again (unfortunately) as the worker, not giving defenders a moments rest and really making the underperforming Man City defence sweat. Mahrez with a free role to create havok. Wasyl, Upson and Huth as our three best tacklers to keep their cool when they'll have the ball in dangerous situations.

Maybe this

Stat time

Frank Lampard has already scored more PL goals against Leicester with Man City (one in one game) than he did for Chelsea (none in four).

The Foxes have won all three Premier League away games against the Citizens, keeping three clean sheets in the process.

Only one of the last 10 meetings between these two sides in all competitions has ended as a home win (six away wins, three draws).

Leicester have lost 15 of their last 21 Premier League matches, winning only two (D4).

Manchester City have kept only six clean sheets in their last 18 Premier League home matches.

The Foxes have won just one and lost nine of the last 12 Premier League away matches.

Leicester City have kept fewer clean sheets than any other team in the Premier League this season (4).

The reigning Champions have won just two of their last seven Premier League matches (W2 D3 L2).

Sergio Aguero has been involved in five goals (three goals, two assists) in Man City's last three Premier League games.

Manchester City have fired in 447 shots (inc. blocked) this season, the most in the Premier League.

Just seen Leicester tweet this. Great stat.

(Might change tomorrow though!).

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Looking forward to us putting up a spirited performance only to make a couple of silly mistakes and ultimately lose. Looking forward to the pundits and opposition talking about how we don't deserve to be bottom and telling us ' if we keep playing like that we'll definitely survive'.

Archived