Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Jesus... with Benny not register in the prem and Wasilewski being like 36(and reckless as f%ck).. are we really in a postion to let any defenders leave lol

if we have replacements lined up then sure.. why not? 

I still think he has the ability to make a name for himself here. He's no right back though, merely a last resort back up. At centre half I think he's looked much better, the problem Leicester have is only Huth can play the left sided centre back role as when Morgan is asked to play there, he's all over the shop and looks muck. Hernandez next to Huth and he'd look far more accomplished, but that would only ever happen if Morgan got injured as he's our captain.

The centre half situation is a problem. Long term they need replacing in the eyes of Claudio but short term I don't think he's anywhere near ready to replace either of them, which you could argue needs to happen. Getting in quality backup is tough as defenders don't get replaced as much as midfielders and strikers who are rotated or subbed far more regularly. I think we need 2 new centre halves but it'll not happen.

I still believe he has the ability, very good on the ball, but he clearly isn't a full back. He is one of the slowest players I've ever seen and is always going to struggle out of position at full back.

It seams nobody has mentioned that he isn't a right back so its probably about time it was brought up for discussion.

In all seriousness he doesn't look suited to this league. I know it is only 1 game but when he was CB against Hull he was constantly the wrong side of his man or getting out muscled.

I don't see what others are seeing in him in terms of technical ability. He couldn't complete a pass against Porto and tends to just play the same long balls that Simpson does.

He looked dodgy when tried at centre back and I really haven't seen any potential in him at all.

I think if we can get a fee for him we'd do well to reinvest into a better quality player. I don't know why we scouted such poor footballers in the position we were in. Hernandez, Musa, Amartey, Slimani. None of them can kick a football really.

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't see what others are seeing in him in terms of technical ability. He couldn't complete a pass against Porto and tends to just play the same long balls that Simpson does.

He looked dodgy when tried at centre back and I really haven't seen any potential in him at all.

I think if we can get a fee for him we'd do well to reinvest into a better quality player. I don't know why we scouted such poor footballers in the position we were in. Hernandez, Musa, Amartey, Slimani. None of them can kick a football really.

Yet funnily enough all came from teams that play possession based, passing football. Quite peculiar.

22 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

His first game in the PL and his CB partner played even worse lol 

39 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

What a load of rubbish. 

Musa was MoM on Saturday and scored 2

Amartey is 20, and has been improving every game in centre mid. 

Slimani was bought as an out and out finisher, which he has done when had supply

Hernandez has not been given a chance. 

Sometimes i I just think you write stuff like this to get a reaction.

When he's played at RB, he's had virtually no cover or protection infront of him. He might be another player more suited to the 4-3-3, because of the protection provided by Drinkwater, Ndidi & Mendy.

Against Bournemouth he was literally having to defend against two players because Mahrez wasn't tracking the full back. So I think its harsh to criticize him too much, because even Phillip Lahm would struggle in those circumstances. I'd like to see how Hernandez performs at RB in our new system, before passing judgement.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

When he's played at RB, he's had virtually no cover or protection infront of him. He might be another player more suited to the 4-3-3, because of the protection provided by Drinkwater, Ndidi & Mendy.

Against Bournemouth he was literally having to defend against two players because Mahrez wasn't tracking the full back. So I think its harsh to criticize him too much, because even Phillip Lahm would struggle in those circumstances. I'd like to see how Hernandez performs at RB in our new system, before passing judgement.

Totally agree, apart from, I don't think he is a RB. He can play there but in the same way Amartey can play there. Think he is a RCB and will play is Morgan is ever rested/injured 

18 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Totally agree, apart from, I don't think he is a RB. He can play there but in the same way Amartey can play there. Think he is a RCB and will play is Morgan is ever rested/injured 

Agreed. He is a CB, but he's been signed to play as a RB. So he either learns the position, or doesn't make it with us because I can't see him getting games at CB, as we are after another CB and Ranieri preferred Wasilewski over him Vs Everton.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yet funnily enough all came from teams that play possession based, passing football. Quite peculiar.

And Musa has more goals than Mahrez (excluding pennos), Slimani more assists than anyone and Amartey has as many Drinkwater... so how bad are they at kicking a football?

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And Musa has more goals than Mahrez, Slimani more assists than anyone and Amartey has many as Drinkwater... so how bad are they at kicking a football?

As I am finding out at work; don't let the facts get in the way of somebody's feelings. :rolleyes: :unsure: :dry:

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And Musa has more goals than Mahrez (excluding pennos), Slimani more assists than anyone and Amartey has many as Drinkwater... so how bad are they at kicking a football?

I know mate, it's dreadful. These players are so inferior to the elite sportsmen that were already at our club.

He's played 1 game at CB, and that was the opening day. And Morgan was worse than him on the day. Since then Wasilewski has oddly been preferred to Hernandez. Against Chelsea in the League Cup and Porto away it'd been ideal to try Hernandez again but Ranieri played Wasilewski. Everton at home when Huth as suspended as well. 

We'll never quite know if he's any good if a 36 year old is always picked ahead of him.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Agreed. He is a CB, but he's been signed to play as a RB. So he either learns the position, or doesn't make it with us because I can't see him getting games at CB, as we are after another CB and Ranieri preferred Wasilewski over him Vs Everton.

On same page but I'm not sure we signed him as an RB, think we signed him for versatility and a good option for the bench but he is definitely a CB who can play RB if required, as opposed to the other way round. Have a theory about Was vs Everton... see part 2 of my post...

43 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's played 1 game at CB, and that was the opening day. And Morgan was worse than him on the day. Since then Wasilewski has oddly been preferred to Hernandez. Against Chelsea in the League Cup and Porto away it'd been ideal to try Hernandez again but Ranieri played Wasilewski. Everton at home when Huth as suspended as well. 

We'll never quite know if he's any good if a 36 year old is always picked ahead of him.

Totally agree with you Koke. My theory is that Ranieri picked Was against Everton for his physical presence to make up for the lack of Huth against Lukaku, and it was an easier like for like swap. Also think it was because Was played so well against them last season. Don't think it was anything against Hernandez, more horses for courses. 

I'd love to see him get more game time. Maybe vs Derby? Wes Morgan really needs a rest at some point (despite what Stringer said after the game in response to my tweet to give the old boy a rest!) 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

And Musa has more goals than Mahrez (excluding pennos), Slimani more assists than anyone and Amartey has as many Drinkwater... so how bad are they at kicking a football?

Maybe Musa was trying to pass, Slim was trying to shoot, and Amartey is just lucky? ?

Guest CityFan 06

I like Hernandez, and he hasn't really been played in his natural position often enough. I think he is a capable defender, and at times he's looked assured at RB.

Wouldn't sell another defender, and I'd be inclined to see more of him before I cast judgement on his ability.

Archived