Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Some balance in the media ....

12 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I don't like what's happened to Claudio , I guess none of us do, but this article by a man who has seen it all is probably spot on and worth a read , 

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/john-giles-claudio-ranieri-never-really-had-control-of-his-team-and-he-had-to-be-sacked-35480409.html

Sounds about right. 

Good to see some balance as you say.

As much as I didnt want Ranieri sacked I could definitely see why he was.

All these comments in social media and so called journalists: 'Hope they go down' 'Why sack him after last season?' Etc and not addressing WHY he would have been sacked. Lot of people over the last few days have displayed their total lack of football knowledge. 

It's a good article in light of all the other exaggerated and biased reporting against the club and owners. However, I think it underplays Ranieri's role last season. We will forever be grateful and respect him for his achievements and it was mainly his persona and character that helped us become everyone's second favourite team. I will love the man but it was time to move on, for the good of the club.

good article.   please be mindful that in most other media organisation they are just interested in filling up column inches... most of their readers are not lcfc fans so they need to find an angle that engages their readers....  claudio back stabbed... money obsessed owners buying 500k of wine....   duplicity...

In my experience it is not unusual for big decisions to take some time while reflection and preparations are made.... it would be mad if they had lost at swansea and sacked him at full time.

I am wondering if the club ought to put out a statement to explain their conflicting thoughts and dilemma... 

Did they offer Claudio any other way out or aside,,, even if he didn't want it it would show compassion and self awareness... or may be lie low and wait for the media to move on.

They need serious media advice to restore the happy patronizing multicultural lcfc image

Yet the first relationship they have to mend is with a large section of the fan base - this should be their priority.  

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Ive come to the conclusion that most "journalists" are writing their stories directly from Foxestalk

form my deep experience with the intelligence community - it is useual to test such hypothesis with a "barium meal" - you plan a false story and see where it turns up

So we write a post and back it up with twitter comments and Instagram pictures that say TOP met with a few fans at a pub to explain that they were worried as to if claudio could turn it round and so consulted an astronomer who ad vise them to act sooner than later etc etc

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

I don't like what's happened to Claudio , I guess none of us do, but this article by a man who has seen it all is probably spot on and worth a read , 

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/john-giles-claudio-ranieri-never-really-had-control-of-his-team-and-he-had-to-be-sacked-35480409.html

Most sensible article I've read since he sacking.

Everyone seems to be in love with Ranieri but I bet When he gets linked with PL clubs those same fans won't want him to manage their club 

4 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I don't remember Chelsea getting much criticism when they sacked Di Matteo. And he won the CL!! The media just hate us atm, and they wait for us to be relegated. Also they didn't really want us to win it last year.

And Van Gaal was sacked in May 2016, just days after lifting the cup I don't remember a massive press witch hunt after that either.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Good article, but perhaps underplaying Claudio's role last season. He changed the formation from 352 to 442 for example, and Vardy & Mahrez thrived.

Yes

"He fiddled with formations for a while but quickly changed back to what the players were comfortable with and the rest is history."

well thats completely wrong  isn't it?

Guest bennytwohats

A good website for football is football365. The thinking mans football website, most of you lot probably wouldn't like it.

anyway, they have a good section taking apart some of the drivel in other websites, see here for them picking apart some of the hysteria about us:

http://www.football365.com/news/is-this-the-most-heinous-act-a-manager-can-commit

They also have a usually fantastic mailbox, this has some good contributions from Leicester fans and I feel is very balanced. One from yours truly too:

http://www.football365.com/news/mails-forget-sentimentality-ranieri-sack-is-right

23 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I don't remember Chelsea getting much criticism when they sacked Di Matteo. And he won the CL!! The media just hate us atm, and they wait for us to be relegated. Also they didn't really want us to win it last year.

It's a British disease "red top mania"

they build people up and then smash them to pieces 

they built the Leicester story up and now are joyfully smashing to pieces 

just look at the fake sheik stories nearly all aimed at people they built up and then set out to destroy ! 

LCFC is just another victim of this very British  media tool 

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Good article, but perhaps underplaying Claudio's role last season. He changed the formation from 352 to 442 for example, and Vardy & Mahrez thrived.

He changed it back to 442, we played that 99% of the time during Pearsons time and the signings looked nailed on for us to go back to that even before CR came in.

Archived