Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Everybody should be made at the age of 14 - 17 to ride a motorbike for a year before getting a driving license - it will cause a darwinistic untold greater good.

My guess is.. if your riding a motorbike...thats Darwinism at work already ;) :schmike:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39053658

Someone with 62 points still on the roads... unbelievable

Boils my piss, that does.

12 points should be a ban. If driving's so important, wouldn't you just be a bit more careful?

I've been driving 19 years without getting any, it's not that hard

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39053658

Someone with 62 points still on the roads... unbelievable

That's crazy.

I understand the "exceptional hardship" argument, but surely that can only be used once?

I've been driving for 25 years and never had any points (yet). It's really not that difficult not to drive like a penis

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

That's crazy.

I understand the "exceptional hardship" argument, but surely that can only be used once?

I've been driving for 25 years and never had any points (yet). It's really not that difficult not to drive like a penis

Heard on the news this morning that each excuse can only be used once. But people can claim on exceptional hardship more than once as long as the reasons are different! 

Its basically a load of shit though! I got caught speeding once and got a parking fine once, yeah it was annoying but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Really does make a mockery of our legal system though.

some guy on the m1 must have had a heavy night last night. All over the place on the road and I'm just glad I had to get off at my junction before he caused any trouble to me. Swerving in and out of lanes and sometimes going all the way across the rumble strips with one tyre and nearly hitting the grass verge. What's worse is that his (I presume) girlfriend/partner and child were in the car as well :( 

was in a cafe in Lincoln and saw some guy reverse his range rover into some ones car in the car park.He got out, inspected the damage on both cars and drove off. Got his reg number , gave it to the cafe owner. They've got it on CCTV, but not sure what can be done.

46 minutes ago, isaidno said:

was in a cafe in Lincoln and saw some guy reverse his range rover into some ones car in the car park.He got out, inspected the damage on both cars and drove off. Got his reg number , gave it to the cafe owner. They've got it on CCTV, but not sure what can be done.

How bad was the damage?

Hearing that my sister in law has hurt her back and had the skin taken off her knees after jumping out the way of a car that didn't stop at a pedestrian crossing.

This came within about an hour of learning that my friend's cousin (who I don't actually know) is in a medically induced coma after getting hit by a car that didn't stop in time for a red light on a pedestrian crossing.

There are some c**** around, aren't there?

On 23/02/2017 at 15:31, RobHawk said:

Heard on the news this morning that each excuse can only be used once. But people can claim on exceptional hardship more than once as long as the reasons are different! 

Its basically a load of shit though! I got caught speeding once and got a parking fine once, yeah it was annoying but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime! Really does make a mockery of our legal system though.

It certainly does.

The points system is designed to give people a chance to modify their behaviour BEFORE they get to 12 points. I can understand how people get caught once or twice and can easily end up on 6 or 9 points but surely if you do, then you drive like the proverbial old lady until at least such time as the points expire. Or accept that you're catching the bus to work for a bit!

13 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Hearing that my sister in law has hurt her back and had the skin taken off her knees after jumping out the way of a car that didn't stop at a pedestrian crossing.

This came within about an hour of learning that my friend's cousin (who I don't actually know) is in a medically induced coma after getting hit by a car that didn't stop in time for a red light on a pedestrian crossing.

There are some c**** around, aren't there?

Hope she's ok - sounds like a lucky escape.

Over the weekend I happened to be looking out the front bedroom window and noticed a car mount the pavement outside my house and actually crossed a wheel onto my garden (but not hitting the lampost or the car parked on my drive - where my kids and I had been stood cleaning it half an hour before!). I watched as she suddenly realised what was happening and wrestled the steering wheel so she ended up back on the road - all the time with a mobile phone in her hand - and at least one child in the back (couldn't see if there were any others in the car).

Mini Roundabouts - For the love of bloody god, why is it so many people don't seem capable of using them. Whether it's some prat deciding to go all the way around and then realsing they aren't made for that and having to do a 3 point turn in the middle of it. To dickheads who just don't stop, to the arse holes that you're giving way to that don't actually indicate and make you sit there like a total numpty as they go the other way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Mini Roundabouts - For the love of bloody god, why is it so many people don't seem capable of using them. Whether it's some prat deciding to go all the way around and then realsing they aren't made for that and having to do a 3 point turn in the middle of it. To dickheads who just don't stop, to the arse holes that you're giving way to that don't actually indicate and make you sit there like a total numpty as they go the other way.

One of my most hated things on the road. Really boils my piss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

or the ones you give way to don't realise that they have right of way and when they can go, they don't. 

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Hope she's ok - sounds like a lucky escape.

Over the weekend I happened to be looking out the front bedroom window and noticed a car mount the pavement outside my house and actually crossed a wheel onto my garden (but not hitting the lampost or the car parked on my drive - where my kids and I had been stood cleaning it half an hour before!). I watched as she suddenly realised what was happening and wrestled the steering wheel so she ended up back on the road - all the time with a mobile phone in her hand - and at least one child in the back (couldn't see if there were any others in the car).

Cheers.

I'd like to think that your clown driver then had a moment of realisation that they've been getting driving completely wrong.

I bet they didn't though

Stationary in a queue for traffic lights in South Wigston the other day, and a lorry is parked on the other side of the road, so the oncoming traffic can't get round him. A few cars crawl forward in front of me, but we're still nowhere near the lights. I leave a gap to allow the 3 cars stuck behind the lorry to get round and the absolute bell end behind me starts beeping and waving his arms at me. I let the cars get round the lorry then caught up with the traffic in front and still sat through another change of lights. Ignorant impatient tosser.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

6 days left and I'm out of my two year probationary period woo hoo.

No more 6 points and lose my license cack.

I've got til November!

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Penalty for use of a mobile phone whilst driving increases to £ 200 fine and 6 points from today,

Interesting this. My job involves closely working with police and I asked them a while back about this using your phone whilst driving law. A few of them openly said that although officers will look to catch people out while on the roads and always keep an eye out for it, if you're in a queue of traffic/in a traffic jam stationary and they see you on your phone they won't do anything or are unlikely to take the time out to punish you. Surprised me because I thought all police officers were stringent and strict with its use under any circumstance when it came to this law 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've got til November!

Interesting this. My job involves closely working with police and I asked them a while back about this using your phone whilst driving law. A few of them openly said that although officers will look to catch people out while on the roads and always keep an eye out for it, if you're in a queue of traffic/in a traffic jam stationary and they see you on your phone they won't do anything or are unlikely to take the time out to punish you. Surprised me because I thought all police officers were stringent and strict with its use under any circumstance when it came to this law 

You've got to be a sit of a shit to punish someone for using it whilst stationary. Especially a traffic jam where people might not move for an absolute age and would need to contact work etc.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 06:56, Wrighty22 said:

Old people going slow on dual carriage ways or motorways. 

Im a believer that at a certain age, maybe 65, drivers should be male the retake their test

I think it should be when you show the first signs of senility :P