Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Post Election Blues

I'm  sick to death of hearing about what the Scots want as if they are the only area of the UK that has been neglected by successive  London centric governments.

You'd  have to search hard and long to find a more neglected area than the East Midlands.

From someone who lives in London, I concur completely.

Its unreal how much of the media and public live in a bubble regarding London, the argument is always 'A better London means the rest of the country reaps the benefits' which (in most cases, not all) is bollocks.

From someone who lives in London, I concur completely.

Its unreal how much of the media and public live in a bubble regarding London, the argument is always 'A better London means the rest of the country reaps the benefits' which (in most cases, not all) is bollocks.

100% agreement.

The midlands, The North, Scotland, Wales, the South West and the East are raped for the South East. And the Politicians do nothing. People outside London are second class citizens (as well as the not so well off in London). The Tories are now unleashed, no Lib Dem control. It'll only get worse. Can Cameron end the united kingdom and impoverish the lower-middle and lower classes further?

100% agreement.

The midlands, The North, Scotland, Wales, the South West and the East are raped for the South East. And the Politicians do nothing. People outside London are second class citizens (as well as the not so well off in London). The Tories are now unleashed, no Lib Dem control. It'll only get worse. Can Cameron end the united kingdom and impoverish the lower-middle and lower classes further?

He'll have a go.

Post censored to remove content not suitable for sensitive Tories.

Ironically, anyone who voted for the green party wasted a piece of paper.....

I don't agree. They didn't win seats but they did show that the Green Party has a lot of support and did their bit to demonstrate how our electoral system doesn't give people proper representation.

Might not have been what they wanted but it was something.

I don't agree. They didn't win seats but they did show that the Green Party has a lot of support and did their bit to demonstrate how our electoral system doesn't give people proper representation.

Might not have been what they wanted but it was something.

I think it was meant as a joke

I ****ing hate London. After total 5 years of university and 5 years critical care nursing I can barely afford to pay my rent, let alone save for a mortgage. My landlord is rich, lives 3 doors down in a massive house and charges me 335pw for a 1 bedroom flat when he does absolutely nothing if we have a problem.

If you're not minted you're a second class citizen in London like FIF said. I'm only here because the best hospitals to get experience are here, I can't wait to get away.

As an Englishman living in Scotland for 5 years and just voted SNP, I think their stance is entirely justified. You can moan about parts of England not being represented but that's because there's not a party that fits the bill - not because the setup is rigged or anything.

Scots know that nothing would have changed with labour and that's why they've turned to yellow in big numbers. The lib dems completely lost out due to siding with the Tories - and now the scots have a single rowdy, coherhant voice in Westminster. I think that's an excellent thing.

I am gutted about the Tories getting back in though and have felt pretty fed up last couple of days - until the game at least!

I can honestly state that I've never been so disappointed by an election result,

and never been so worried about the direction that the country is about to go in.

Apparently there are anti austerity riots in London this evening, can't find anything

on the TV news yet.

I can honestly state that I've never been so disappointed by an election result,

and never been so worried about the direction that the country is about to go in.

Apparently there are anti austerity riots in London this evening, can't find anything

on the TV news yet.

Of course they'll never show it will they unless they can find a good way to discredit it.

Last year there were anti austerity demostrations outside the BBC HQ but they never saw them. They must have had the curtains closed that day or maybe reporting on a celebrity boob job.

Who's boob job?

Of course they'll never show it will they unless they can find a good way to discredit it.

It has no credit, so no need to discredit it.

Their essentially rioting against a government the country has elected democratically on VE day. Very ironic. 

It has no credit, so no need to discredit it.

Their essentially rioting against a government the country has elected democratically on VE day. Very ironic. 

Well yes and no. Firstly, much of it seemed like protesting as opposed to rioting, but of course there's always the idiots that use the mob mentality. The graffiti on the Women of World War statue for example is unforgiveable. And i'm sure there's plenty of naïve folk in there who just hate the Tories because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

But, also, they are protesting against future cuts, against repealing the Human Rights Act and the Hunting Act etc. Definitely two sides to the coin for me.

Well yes and no. Firstly, much of it seemed like protesting as opposed to rioting, but of course there's always the idiots that use the mob mentality. The graffiti on the Women of World War statue for example is unforgiveable. And i'm sure there's plenty of naïve folk in there who just hate the Tories because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

But, also, they are protesting against future cuts, against repealing the Human Rights Act and the Hunting Act etc. Definitely two sides to the coin for me.

Exactly right, how anyone can think that protest/riot/whatever it was needs discrediting when they've managed to that perfectly fine themselves is beyond me. Never mind how anyone can laugh at the suggestion (strokes) ridiculous. 

I'm afraid the country voted the tories in, democratically, I didn't  vote for them but that's the way it is. 

On the subject of fox hunting at least I'm pretty sure any vote in the commons will result in the ban remaining in place. There will be too many Conservative MP's put under pressure by their constituents to keep  the ban in place and most if not all of the opposition parties bar the UKIP mp will vote against it. 

Exactly right, how anyone can think that protest/riot/whatever it was needs discrediting when they've managed to that perfectly fine themselves is beyond me. Never mind how anyone can laugh at the suggestion (strokes) ridiculous. 

I'm afraid the country voted the tories in, democratically, I didn't  vote for them but that's the way it is. 

On the subject of fox hunting at least I'm pretty sure any vote in the commons will result in the ban remaining in place. There will be too many Conservative MP's put under pressure by their constituents to keep  the ban in place and most if not all of the opposition parties bar the UKIP mp will vote against it. 

The country voted them in legally according to our voting regulations, not democratically.  There's objectively nothing democratic about 25% of the population being able to determine, through irregularities in the FPTP system, who represents the other 75%.  You cannot look at those numbers and come away with the conclusion that Cameron has a moral mandate to govern the entire UK populace.  

The country voted them in legally according to our voting regulations, not democratically.  There's objectively nothing democratic about 25% of the population being able to determine, through irregularities in the FPTP system, who represents the other 75%.  You cannot look at those numbers and come away with the conclusion that Cameron has a moral mandate to govern the entire UK populace.

I wonder if you'd be posting that if another party won ?

The coalition govt had more than 50% of the vote combined and yet the same people complained it wasn't legitimate.

The Tories got more votes than anyone else, they won the election, get over it.

Archived