Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Would anyone consider Gary Neville. Always been impressed with his knowledge and analysis and has the fire in his belly to become a top manager. If not him, Laudrup is a good choice too.

Without a doubt, but I'm not sure he has management aspirations.

Guest ttfn

Gary Neville is a great shout imo, great knowledge of the game

Yeah just what we need in a situation like this. Somebody with zero management experience.

Without a doubt, but I'm not sure he has management aspirations.

Fair point, but he is a coach for England so I'm assuming he'd want to take the plunge into management one day. 

Yeah just what we need in a situation like this. Somebody with zero management experience.

Pearson was relatively unknown before he came to us. A good manager is a good manager, regardless of experience imo.

Guest ttfn

Pretty confident any remotely eloquent footballer could do what Neville does. He was the first regular pundit since Andy Gray left SKY to get a full weekend to reflect on and analyse fixtures. Both were seen as revolutionary and ahead of their time when in actual fact they both simply had more time than their counterparts. Look at Carragher - he looks and sounds like he can barely tie his own shoelaces but give him, a former professional footballer, 2 days to think about a game sometimes he comes out with something interesting to say.

I give Andy Townsend a hard time (because he's totally asinine) but Neville isn't much better as a co-commentator.* A manager needs to be able to react to things in real time - you don't get 2 days to think about a substitution.

*Ok that's not fair but there's still a massive difference in quality between what Neville says in real time and what he comes out with 2 days later.

Archived