Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Clarkson and friends.

• 3 months later...

Looking forward to this.

Million pound an episode budget, 3 amigo's back in action and no prying BBC.

New top gear looks embarrassing.

I've not watched it yet but the line up didn't really give me reason too. Any ideas when the new show will be out?

The BBC top gear will have Chris Evans,Jody Kidd and somebody else <not sure who> Clarksons amazon prime show will sink like a stone

Top Gear now having Matt LeBlanc, could kill Clarkson's show before it's even started, after all who will even care about that Amazon prime show mow?[/size]

Chump.

I've not watched it yet but the line up didn't really give me reason too. Any ideas when the new show will be out?

new top gear end of this month.

29th seems to be ringing a bell but could be wrong.

This reminds me of the Oasis vs Blur days when apparently you couldn't like one without the other?

What's strange here though is judgements are being made before either show has been aired. Chances are, both will be perfectly watchable for those with an open mind, it will only be those with some weird tribal loyality that will watch 'the rival show' deliberately to find faults in it.

Fair few press reports that filming of the first audience bit for Top Gear hasn't gone well, Brad Pitt pulled out of the star in a reasonably priced car segment, and replaced with Gordon Ramsey, Evans fluffing his lines, audience members walking out. No idea how true it all is but the press certainly seem keen to kick the show before its even started.

Clarksons new show, The Grand Tour, starts in the autumn, each episode filmed in a different country with the audience section filmed in a big top in which ever country the episode is in.

Clearly we shouldn't judge the new TG before it's started, but reservation is that Evans et al are trying to be all things to all men. They've announced one million different presenters who will be dipping in and out.

I think it's basically going to be Fifth Gear - actually an OK programme but lacking chemistry or a strong, coherent format.

I'm very much of the opinion they shouldn't have bothered. Clarkdon, Hammond and May created a monster of a show, when they left, Top Gear died. But they have bothered so I'm going to watch tonight and try and be objective. It's not going to be the old show, so hopefully I can enjoy it for what it is. If it tries to be the old show it'll fail, if it tries to be its own show then even though it won't be as good it'll at least have its own identity.

Archived