Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

i agree with the concern about pace. he got outpaced by richard dunne in the last game of the season. knockaert was one of our best players and he played about 3 minutes all season and everyone always put that down to "a lack of pace". whilst kram is better technically and tactically than knockaert i do fear he might not be cut out for our team. 

We will need Kramaric,Okazaki and Ulloa each aim to contribute 10-12 goals.

Last season Leo scored 11 league goals with Nuge & Vardy managing 5 each.

There were 5 from Esteban which needto be made up elsewhere.

We let in some daft goals until Huth arrived but the real problem,particularly mid season,was a lack of goals for.

Interesting to hear that, What else won't he do??

He won't roll down a big hill.

He won't set up camp outside the KP.

He won't hunt for easter eggs.

He won't reply to sarcastic comments.

Remind me next week for the next installment. 

The talent is blatant but the way he plays I just don't see him being a lethal goalscorer. He plays to me more like someone who links up midfield and attack. He was practically a midfielder at times yesterday. He's a good player but I'll be impressed with double figures, let alone 20.

I genuinely think he'll get at least 12 but more like 15. Very clinical and has PL experience now!

Not sure we can call him clinical at all. Missed a LOT of chances last season, and from what I can tell from match reports and twitter etc it's been similar in pre-season. Agreed he could be our top scorer if he plays to the best of his ability though.

I've really high hopes for him. We can't let a player of his talent go to waste, we need to show faith in him and I'm sure he'll repay it.

One of my work mates thinks he's dreadful and I've told him in no uncertain terms that he's talking a load of bollox. So I'm desperate for him to prove a point this season.

Looked sharp from what ive seen of him in preseason. Technically gifted and looks to have bulked up quite a bit.

Hope he gets enough chances to prove himself - and takes them when he does. Seems like a natural finisher but also seems to drop quite deep at times. Needs to decide if he's a box man or a link man!

i agree with the concern about pace. he got outpaced by richard dunne in the last game of the season. knockaert was one of our best players and he played about 3 minutes all season and everyone always put that down to "a lack of pace". whilst kram is better technically and tactically than knockaert i do fear he might not be cut out for our team. 

Knockaert was not one of our best players as he took to many defenders on to close and gave a good attack away to often.

You can have an abundance of skill but if there's little or no end product it's useless.  

Cristiano Ronaldo improved massively on moving to Manchester United because they focused on making him hurt the opposition at every opportunity both as a striker and with his assists. He moved ever more freely around the front line and never gave defenders a moments peace.

Knockaert didn't get the same help from anything I saw. He was still taking lines of people on in neutral places at the end of his time here and often doing more to run his team-mates  out of position than to threaten a goal. I don't altogether blame Knockaert either because the only relevant reason a coach exists is to get more out of people and we didn't.

Knockaert had the talent to be effective but no-one had the skill and bloody-mindedness to bring it out of him. In the end I called him the Cul-De-Sac because wherever he went it was mostly into a dead end.

Well we've got another test for our coaches with Kramaric .... and Schlupp. Many marvel at their different but undoubted skills yet lasting  admiration comes from doing what people like George Best and Dennis Bergkamp did, which was to make those skills count week in, week out by way of goals and assists.

Usually four things have to be worked on...

Bravery, ruthlessly accurate technique, speed of body/mind and complete belief in yourself.

If he scores 20 goals I will cum on my face and video it

If you read the 'most embarrassing moment' thread, I have already done this (not intentionally and I definitely didn't video it) and I can tell you it's no joke - nearly blinded and drowned myself in one fell swoop. Not advisable.

If you read the 'most embarrassing moment' thread, I have already done this (not intentionally and I definitely didn't video it) and I can tell you it's no joke - nearly blinded and drowned myself in one fell swoop. Not advisable.

I think that's one of my favourite threads on here

You can have an abundance of skill but if there's little or no end product it's useless.  

Cristiano Ronaldo improved massively on moving to Manchester United because they focused on making him hurt the opposition at every opportunity both as a striker and with his assists. He moved ever more freely around the front line and never gave defenders a moments peace.

Knockaert didn't get the same help from anything I saw. He was still taking lines of people on in neutral places at the end of his time here and often doing more to run his team-mates  out of position than to threaten a goal. I don't altogether blame Knockaert either because the only relevant reason a coach exists is to get more out of people and we didn't.

Knockaert had the talent to be effective but no-one had the skill and bloody-mindedness to bring it out of him. In the end I called him the Cul-De-Sac because wherever he went it was mostly into a dead end.

Well we've got another test for our coaches with Kramaric .... and Schlupp. Many marvel at their different but undoubted skills yet lasting  admiration comes from doing what people like George Best and Dennis Bergkamp did, which was to make those skills count week in, week out by way of goals and assists.

Usually four things have to be worked on...

Bravery, ruthlessly accurate technique, speed of body/mind and complete belief in yourself.

Excellent post and close to my own heart. It points out some of the deficiencies in our coaching set up.  We've looked at Schlupp improve year after year and yet his kicking is as bad as ever. Why can't the coaches see that and help him. Knockaert had lots of talent and never seemed to get the help to encourage him release the ball instead of mostly running into blind alleys. 

Excellent post and close to my own heart. It points out some of the deficiencies in our coaching set up.  We've looked at Schlupp improve year after year and yet his kicking is as bad as ever. Why can't the coaches see that and help him. Knockaert had lots of talent and never seemed to get the help to encourage him release the ball instead of mostly running into blind alleys. 

Maybe he did get the help but either wasn't able/willing to carry it through? 

Archived