Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

It says a lot about the quality of the league he played in when Aberdeen beat rijeka 3-0 in Croatia recently.

http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=2140929.html  . Dinamo Zagreb is in CL.

It's a pretty bad league, but not as bad as you think. Modric played there, Mandzukic played there, Eduardo played there (idk if you remember him) etc etc. and they all are/were top class players

Kram was a record £9M signing not some championship striker punt,, I know how I would be feeling if an academy player was chosen for the bench instead of me, I think CR has f^cked up on this occasion.

You watch his performances in training then? How would you feel scoring a hat trik in mid week and then not being in the squad the next game. What would that say to the young players? Perform well and you won't get in the squad? He did it for more reasons than you think. Sets a precedent for the young players

Kram was a record £9M signing not some championship striker punt,,  I know how I would be feeling if an academy player was chosen for the bench instead of me, I think CR has f^cked up on this occasion.

Maybe Ranieri thought that based on his cup performance, Dodoo had earned a spot on the bench.

What today's game has clearly shown is that Dodoo isn't quite there yet and needs to work harder on his skills and attitude - just like all players who are part of this squad.

You don't get to be picked based on your previous merits only - otherwise, what do you think did Inler do to deserve to be rested for a full 98 minutes?

Can't be bothered to argue. Still think it's a huge waste of talent and a big mistake if we don't get him in soon

Where is this talent? Where's the evidence on the pitch? Because he scored a good goal against qpr?

What about all the shots he has hit into the crowd. If he was that much of a talent then he would be in the team. You are judging him off youtube playing for a team that recently lost 3-0 at home to Aberdeen

He's almost done and dusted in my opinion, and I thought that before Doodoo came in. As a Croat I am shocked, and very disappointed. I posted on his Facebook page as soon as Okazaki came in that he should look for a loan move as he looked 4th choice behind Ulloa then. But for a young guy to come in and replace him is  insulting, I just hope he can get out in the last days on loan. I can't believe that he's 5th choice at Leicester, that is just incredulous for Croatia's 2nd best striker

It is huge significance to Kramaric I'm sure, maybe not you. But put yourself in his shoes and laugh it off

Where is this talent? Where's the evidence on the pitch? Because he scored a good goal against qpr?

What about all the shots he has hit into the crowd. If he was that much of a talent then he would be in the team. You are judging him off youtube playing for a team that recently lost 3-0 at home to Aberdeen

Idiot

Where would he go on loan? No chance would he be willing to join a championship team.

How would we cope when Shinji and vardy either get injured or hit a bad patch of form?

Vardy is great because he has incredible determination, pace and aggression. He is not however the most technically gifted player.

Kramaric is clearly talented and has so much potential, he needs game time, he is scoring goals now, Qpr. Pre season, internationals and then Bury. Get him on the pitch and I'm sure hell bag goals.

Anywhere he can get quality game time which is what he needs. If he wouldn't go and play in the Championship then he's showing petulance and arrogance, Not good traits to have for any young player learning his trade.

Vardy is making the best use of his limited talents. Isn't that what Krameric should be doing. Instead of sulking and feeling sorry for himself. Remember Albrighton last season when he wasn't in the team despite many of us thinking he deserved a chance.

Yes he talented on the ball but so are many young players, it's whether he can add that talent to the other aspects of the game that matters. Like movement, defending, passing, shooting. etc.  The fact that he's played and scored in a poorer league means very little. Or is an International either. That just means he's the best of what's available.

Admittedly his opportunities have been limited. But that's no reason to sulk. He should knuckle down work harder and prove everyone wrong. Things change quickly in Football.

We bought potential not the finished article, It's down to him to seize his opportunity when it arrives which I sincerely hope he does.

As much as I rate Kramaric and think he has got skills, he has to earn he's place in the team.

Being via training or taking his chance when given it.

He's a professional player and has to understand it's a team / squad game and only 11 players plus subs will get on the pitch. The season has only just started and he will get his chance to shine.

CR put Dodoo on the bench to reward him for his great game and to show everyone else that you play well you get your chance. Which Kramaric will get.

When we signed Kramaric no-one expected him to hit the ground running. It takes a while for players to settle. I think everyone expected him to play more this season as he did OK last year when given the chance. I think Kram will get his chance as will score goals but he needs to ensure he is doing everything he can to get in the team also. I.e. If he is banging goals in training CR can't just ignore him

I think Kramaric is technically very good, but he clearly lacks the physical attributes that make our team so successful, I.e. pace, power, determination, etc. Yes, he offers something different but it feels to me that we need to change our overall approach to accommodate him. Personally, I don't think he can have any complaints. If he wants to be in the squad let alone the starting eleven he needs to show what he is capable of and I'm afraid to say that despite his limited chances his hasn't ceased the opportunity whenever it's been presented. Hopefully that will change over the course of the season, however it'll be interesting to see how patient he is in waiting for his chance to shine.

He's almost done and dusted in my opinion, and I thought that before Doodoo came in. As a Croat I am shocked, and very disappointed. I posted on his Facebook page as soon as Okazaki came in that he should look for a loan move as he looked 4th choice behind Ulloa then. But for a young guy to come in and replace him is  insulting, I just hope he can get out in the last days on loan. I can't believe that he's 5th choice at Leicester, that is just incredulous for Croatia's 2nd best striker

It is huge significance to Kramaric I'm sure, maybe not you. But put yourself in his shoes and laugh it off

Hes not done and dusted. As soon as vardy and Okazaki need a break, or start to drop in form that's when he will get his chance, and if he takes it will be very hard to keep him out of the team. The lad has ability no doubt about it, he just needs to remain patient and take his opportunity when it arises. If he gets a couple against West Ham in the cup he will start, I just hope he can take his opportunity. Raneiri won't ignore him forever, he's renowned for liking a switch around.

Guest CityFan 06

I like Kramaric a lot and think he's a very talented player. Last season we saw glimses of what he can do. He looked sharp and scored a few decent goals. I think he'll stay with us. After Dodoo's hat trick on Tuesday it was understandable that he would make the bench yesterday.

What has kramaric done that makes him deserve to go before vardy and Okazaki, you can't compare him to Ulloa as he is a different style of striker e.g taller and can be a target man while kramaric is more like Okazaki and vardy type of striker

Exactly what all players do to get this forum excited:  Spend ages out of the starting 11 while other players are performing well. 

First name on the team sheet at the moment is Vardy as an attacker and shinji has done little wrong so far indeed was harsh to be dropped yesterday and helped improve things in the 2nd half yesterday. Krameric hasn't become a bad player overnight but has no right to be picked in the starting 11 at the moment.

We have a very long season ahead of us and am sure at some stage he will get his chance then it is up to him to take it. As for Dodoo you score a hat trick and should get a squad place nothing wrong with that, Pearson got slagged off for not giving the youngsters a chance and now some slag off Raneiri for giving them a chance you can't win.

I like Kramaric a lot and think he's a very talented player. Last season we saw glimses of what he can do. He looked sharp and scored a few decent goals. I think he'll stay with us. After Dodoo's hat trick on Tuesday it was understandable that he would make the bench yesterday.

All true enough but three days before the window shuts, you can't help but think when someone who isn't getting a chance doesn't make the bench. tbh, if he is going then would probably be a loan deal with a fee attached. Hopefully without a guaranteed sell on availability.

We need four strikers so if no one coming in, they all have to stay.

You watch his performances in training then? How would you feel scoring a hat trik in mid week and then not being in the squad the next game. What would that say to the young players? Perform well and you won't get in the squad? He did it for more reasons than you think. Sets a precedent for the young players

It was against Bury ffs, Kram is a player we were watching for months and struggled to get the deal over the line a record signing to boot. He is a prolific goal scorer but needs to be given a chance surely, anyway there is clearly a camp who thinks it is acceptable to put an academy player on the bench in front of a fully fit Kram, but I ain't one of them. 

It was against Bury ffs, Kram is a player we were watching for months and struggled to get the deal over the line a record signing to boot. He is a prolific goal scorer but needs to be given a chance surely, anyway there is clearly a camp who thinks it is acceptable to put an academy player on the bench in front of a fully fit Kram, but I ain't one of them.

I have to agree with that. As much as I'm for giving youth a chance but to replace the £9 million record signing and Croatian league 1 one leading scorer (Despite only playing half the season) on the bench, disappointed me.

Archived