Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Different pockets of the ground sing different songs. That doesn't help. Top of the Kop sing different to L1 who sing different to UFS.

And in SK1 we can't always hear what is being sung in other parts of the ground and as a result we're accused of thinking we're better than everyone else. 

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

And in SK1 we can't always hear what is being sung in other parts of the ground and as a result we're accused of thinking we're better than everyone else. 

Oh I'm not saying that.... As I sit bang in the middle of SK2 I get little snippets of different songs. Yesterday I was singing to something (I think it was When The Blues Go Marchin In) but then could hear something different elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Oh I'm not saying that.... As I sit bang in the middle of SK2 I get little snippets of different songs. Yesterday I was singing to something (I think it was When The Blues Go Marchin In) but then could hear something different elsewhere.

I didn't say you were suggesting it mate, don't worry. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I have noticed this quite a lot recently. I'm towards the back left of SK1 and me and those around me love to get involved in a good old sing song, however recently we'll join in with UFS then SK4 and SK3 will start a different song leaving us and SK2 unsure which song to follow which instantly kills the atmosphere. 

I won't knock the efforts of UFS as I genuinely believe that they do at least try to create an atmosphere even if I don't always agree with their choice of songs, but I think they need to either send some of their members over to SK4 or network with the singers in that corner to try and establish some coordination between each side of the Kop as the atmosphere is certainly being affected at the current time and it'd be great if we could get the whole of the Kop singing in unison. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I have noticed this quite a lot recently. I'm towards the back left of SK1 and me and those around me love to get involved in a good old sing song, however recently we'll join in with UFS then SK4 and SK3 will start a different song leaving us and SK2 unsure which song to follow which instantly kills the atmosphere. 

I won't knock the efforts of UFS as I genuinely believe that they do at least try to create an atmosphere even if I don't always agree with their choice of songs, but I think they need to either send some of their members over to SK4 or network with the singers in that corner to try and establish some coordination between each side of the Kop as the atmosphere is certainly being affected at the current time and it'd be great if we could get the whole of the Kop singing in unison. 

I've thought this in the past but not sure if there are the numbers in UFS to make it work. I think ideally you'd have to do it in all four of the blocks and that's an even bigger ask.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Some video this.

One of my favourite seasons, including that night at Notts County.

Absolutely pissing it down, with no roof even on the toilets, but  a fantastic atmosphere. 

Ffs it was only the Zenith Data Cup, but somehow it was very special. Not sure how many we took that night, but there wasn't much room to move.

We should All Be ashamed, of the atmosphere tonight!!! Our biggest game in  a year and a half!!! Disgraceful! You cannot blame L1 and k1 tonight because it was not open, ! Sk1,....... ?? What a ****ing disgrace!!!! The kop??????? What bloody kop???? Absolutely cringe of stadium 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1