Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's never quiet where I sit, obviously I can't speak for other parts of the ground. But credit has to go to the lads in SK1, their enthusiasm is relentless, they never give up, it's just such a shame that the same can't be said for those around them 

It’s just a shame it doesn’t get picked up on the telly. I know it’s all about mike placement, but on Sky today we sounded non existent, and even the goal celebration was weak. I hate Stoke, but they came across as loud for most of the game.  Real pity what has happened to our singing.

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Regular posters in the pensions thread include @Bellend Sebastian and @Izzy Muzzett, if you're looking for likely suspects. :whistle:

I wasn't there today.  Not guilty!

I talk about a right load of old bollocks about nothing when I am there though

7 minutes ago, old koppite said:

It’s just a shame it doesn’t get picked up on the telly. I know it’s all about mike placement, but on Sky today we sounded non existent, and even the goal celebration was weak. I hate Stoke, but they came across as loud for most of the game.  Real pity what has happened to our singing.

Celebrations are usually weak when it's an own goal, i think most people were confused as to what happened.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, red5 said:

Was so boring today my mate started telling me how much his house was worth, then saying how much he'll be getting when he retires, some bird in front kept turning round, think she wanted to join in.

It was so boring all I can remember is the guy in front getting irate with certain players and it being quite cold.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our atmosphere is properly wank

That's because our football is at present, still, a continuation of this till the end of the season should see a fair few season tickets becoming available for those that want one because that garbage is not entertaining.

:D

Edited by ithuriel

39 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

For me the biggest problem is that we've become so spoilt. We simply can't get up for a game like that anymore, and if things aren't going our way the atmosphere is just non-existent. I understand the game was frustrating, but we need to put in a better effort than that. 

Your right we have become spoilt some fans seem to think we should beat teams like Stoke easily. Both fans and players need to put more effort in  after yesterday.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

For me the biggest problem is that we've become so spoilt. We simply can't get up for a game like that anymore, and if things aren't going our way the atmosphere is just non-existent. I understand the game was frustrating, but we need to put in a better effort than that. 

Was saying this to you yesterday. I think since winning the league we turn up expecting to roll anyone outside the top six over and while I do think we should be beating Stoke and Swansea, it never helps having that kind of atmosphere. Don't forget how good our atmosphere was at home in the great escape and a lot of the title season games. The mentality has totally changed for the worst. It's like when we were in the Championship against someone like Barnsley or Doncaster. Any side of trouble and the meltdown ensues.

• Like 1

Is it because we are unable comfort zone? Mid table mediocrity...nothing to fight for???

Remember when we were fighting for our premier league status under Pearson? The atmosphere was electric at times.

Obviously during the title season it was electric for different reasons.

3 hours ago, Katy said:

Early KOs are always the same, no one can be arsed with them.

I wondered when someone would roll that old chestnut out.

Why can't people be arsed with an early KO?

Do tell.

Not everyone in the ground is completely wasted before a 3pm KO.

It was the same in our title year, everyone moaning about Sunday KO times being crap, get over it, either get to the game or stay away if you can't make a midday KO.

By your reckoning then, next week should be bouncing.

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Reckon we'll be having the same discussions every year for years to come.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, it's hardly even worth replying any more, we just go round in circles. 

I understand that not everyone wants to stand and sing, I just wish they were the minority. After all if everyone did that, there would be no atmosphere whatsoever. 

44 minutes ago, promised land said:

I wondered when someone would roll that old chestnut out.

Why can't people be arsed with an early KO?

Do tell.

Not everyone in the ground is completely wasted before a 3pm KO.

It was the same in our title year, everyone moaning about Sunday KO times being crap, get over it, either get to the game or stay away if you can't make a midday KO.

By your reckoning then, next week should be bouncing.

Oh I am sorry. The players can never look arsed either, don’t tell me you can’t see that? I cannot remember the last time we played well when it was an early kick off. I can be arsed to go thank you and I did, I was merely commenting on the reason why the atmosphere is always a little muted. 3pm/night games nearly always have a better atmosphere, so yeah I would expect it to be better next week. 

• Like 1