Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Shocking today.

I only get down about 7 times per season but I was sat in G2 and SK4 Union FS lads were doing their bit but there was nothing else.  I tried and did join in but it just seemed nobody was interested...where has the spirit gone ?

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I go to games with such low expectations when it comes to the atmosphere nowadays. I'm not even coming out of the ground disappointed or surprised by the rubbish atmosphere. 

I'll be honest, it still shocked me that half the ground didn't even stand up when we scored on Saturday. Perfect chance to try and lift the team and there were still 10 minutes to play including stoppage time. Absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

I'll be honest, it still shocked me that half the ground didn't even stand up when we scored on Saturday. Perfect chance to try and lift the team and there were still 10 minutes to play including stoppage time. Absolutely pathetic.

People were actually leaving at that point too. We're beyond a joke now, fighting for an equaliser in front of a half empty ground.

33 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I'll be honest. I didn't bother getting up - didn't affect my support in general but just didn't get the instant hit of excitement I normally would with a goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hats off to the chaps at the back of SK1. First game I've been to for a long time and despite a horrible performance was impressed by the sheer tenacity of that group of fans to keep singing. I assume you are all on drugs. No idea otherwise how you keep up your energy levels. Good, positive chants as well, bit of the old and new. Fair play.

What was the 5%? 100% lies banner in reference to? Sorry if I've been living under a rock recently and this was obvious to everyone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, James. said:

Hats off to the chaps at the back of SK1. First game I've been to for a long time and despite a horrible performance was impressed by the sheer tenacity of that group of fans to keep singing. I assume you are all on drugs. No idea otherwise how you keep up your energy levels. Good, positive chants as well, bit of the old and new. Fair play.

What was the 5%? 100% lies banner in reference to? Sorry if I've been living under a rock recently and this was obvious to everyone else.

Referencing the Premier League's dubious findings that only 5% of football supporters want to stand for the entire match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Referencing the Premier League's dubious findings that only 5% of football supporters want to stand for the entire match.

Nothing dubious about it. Absolutely 100% spot on accurate polling. 

I mean they polled everyone in the disabled section but still.