Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Had to move from L block to J block and must admit it was like being in a fecking museum.

Could hear the union fS boys so well done to them.

But the middle section was horrendous. They kept looking at me when I tried to ding as if I was dirt just off the banana boat!

Was poor today, however watching the dross we churn out at home most weeks is enough to dampen spirits, coupled with the fact we barely had a chance on goal & resorted to Simpson punts in the box as our only option.... as Chelsea didn't have to get out of 1st gear until 70mins

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Had to move from L block to J block and must admit it was like being in a fecking museum.

Could hear the union fS boys so well done to them.

But the middle section was horrendous. They kept looking at me when I tried to ding as if I was dirt just off the banana boat!

So it was you keeping us awake !

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Unfortunately at Leicester we just don't have the numbers.

I think if the club were really bothered about it and wanted to, they could work with the fans and get a couple of thousand stood together in a designated area and it would be good. But they don't actually care so we'll carry on with clappers and "Thank you for you magnificent support" post match tweets. 

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Moved to SK1 yesterday was good in the there. 

Only critical point from me was the song 1884 and forever... :o :|

It was decent yesterday, bit of a slog during extra time as mentioned above. I quite like 1884 & Forever, never gunna catch on massively but nothing wrong with singing it a couple of times as a filler. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

After Vardy's goal it was the best it's been since the CL days for me. Extra time was weird though. That's exactly when we should've been roaring the team on but it was strangely silent across most of the ground. I get that people will be focused largely on the match but our support could've been much better at that point, especially as we'd managed to force extra time in the first place.

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think if the club were really bothered about it and wanted to, they could work with the fans and get a couple of thousand stood together in a designated area and it would be good. But they don't actually care so we'll carry on with clappers and "Thank you for you magnificent support" post match tweets. 

It was decent yesterday, bit of a slog during extra time as mentioned above. I quite like 1884 & Forever, never gunna catch on massively but nothing wrong with singing it a couple of times as a filler. 

I agree, do you know if fans have approached the club with the idea of relocating fans?

Often clubs won't do anything unless there's pressure put on them.

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

It's a pity we only have a couple of hundred fans creating the atmosphere, fair play to them, but 200 fans in a crowd of 30,000 is never going to create impressive noise. 

Unfortunately at Leicester we just don't have the numbers.

I think that we do have the numbers but they just can't congregate anywhere mainly due to the 'old' season ticket holders in the Fosse (or the kop whatever). I'm 59 now and have moved to the corner to give the next generation a chance behind the goal. I did my time in the proper Kop over the road.

Perhaps the club need to think about pricing again. Give the oldies an incentive to relocate elsewhere for a cheaper season ticket and make up the difference in the Kop for the atmospehere creators with unreserved seating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I think that we do have the numbers but they just can't congregate anywhere mainly due to the 'old' season ticket holders in the Fosse (or the kop whatever). I'm 59 now and have moved to the corner to give the next generation a chance behind the goal. I did my time in the proper Kop over the road.

Perhaps the club need to think about pricing again. Give the oldies an incentive to relocate elsewhere for a cheaper season ticket and make up the difference in the Kop for the atmospehere creators with unreserved seating.

Fair play to you for doing that actually.

Your suggestion seems extremely sensible but, as mentioned by someone else, the club genuinely don't seem to think there's a problem. Also they'd be absolutely petrified of doing anything that might even slightly annoy the grey pound, no matter how beneficial such a move might be for all parties!

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I agree, do you know if fans have approached the club with the idea of relocating fans?

Often clubs won't do anything unless there's pressure put on them.

Nothing I'm aware of, but the club's hesitance to engage with the fan base on issues like this makes me very sceptical that they'd even reply to an approach of that nature let alone act on it.