Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

I get you. I still don't think it's premature though.

The whole sensationalism is the British media to a tee unfortunately.

I agree! We're too bloody nice, Roy's not got the balls to make a decision like that because as I said earlier if he did he'd have to pick a new captain.

This whole saga is a continuation of why England fail - we are obsessed with picking the 11 biggest stars, and not finding the best team.

I have liked Hodgson, but if he can't see the benefits of playing Vardy through the middle, then... Arggghhh... We can only hurt the top sides with pace and playing to Vardy's strengths!

Look how at how little old Leicesters fortunes have been transformed...

I agree! We're too bloody nice, Roy's not got the balls to make a decision like that because as I said earlier if he did he'd have to pick a new captain.

Spot on.  The prem is the training ground that Roy looks at every week and if Vardy isn't doing enough to be picked as Englands No9 then Roy isn't up to the job.

This isn't about us having blue coloured specs on either ...     he's on fire and deserves a start in a central role.   For me this just highlights Roys weakness'.

5 reasons Vardy should leave leicester for Liverpool or spurs.

What a load of shite

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/5-reasons-vardy-should-leave-leicester-to-join-liverpool-or-spurs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

The sad fact is that they are probably right and a.move would give him the recognition he deserves. Especially after woys latest attempt at an explanation but reading that shit actually highlights all the reasons he shouldn't move (along with the other comments) Sadly for him he is hitting his peak at a time when clueless woy is taking the fastest england team in living memory and getting them to play slow pedestrian shite.

Come back Keegan. Our expectations have now been suitably lowered.

England need to be picking the Players on form for their respective clubs.

How Delph even gets a call up friendly or not is beyond a joke!

It's a shame England managers don't have balls to drop players who ain't performing just cause they are the "bigger names"

Stuff the image rights/corporate Sponsers who don't see Rooney in the starting 11

His club form at the minute I would say he is 3rd choice.

No player should be guaranteed a place in the squad, all the FA employ is a Yes man.

We need to break the mold, and give players a chance from teams outside the top 6 who may deserve it more than others.

This thought process is why England won't win anything at major touraments

England need to be picking the Players on form for their respective clubs.

How Delph even gets a call up friendly or not is beyond a joke!

It's a shame England managers don't have balls to drop players who ain't performing just cause they are the "bigger names"

Stuff the image rights/corporate Sponsers who don't see Rooney in the starting 11

His club form at the minute I would say he is 3rd choice.

No player should be guaranteed a place in the squad, all the FA employ is a Yes man.

We need to break the mold, and give players a chance from teams outside the top 6 who may deserve it more than others.

This thought process is why England won't win anything at major touraments

The thing is Delph isn't even a big name lol

He must have picture of hodgson rimming Wayne Rooney whilst dressed as Jimmy Saville and is using no them as a bargaining chip.

True

I suspect a few players have the same pictures haha.

England have the potential to play on the counter with Vardy Kane Walcott and Sterling.

Why we are not using the pace we have in the squad to our advantage is beyond me.

Instead we are changing our play to accommodate certain players, we are not a possession team passing teams off the park as we're not technically good enough to keep the ball, against the greater nations in world football, against the Minnows maybe.

Containing and hitting on the break we could be a major force in my opinion, but wether we see that remains to be seen.

If Kane went on a sensational run of form I'd reluctantly accept that he probably deserves it more than Vardy although I still see no harm in trying two up front. Call 4-4-2 dated all you want but we aren't a technical, slow-tempo side and we shouldn't try to be.

Rooney can score 8 this season and Vardy 30 and Rooney would still start up front for England. It's a disgrace. It's the kind of shit that actually makes England going out of tournaments no more upsetting than Leicester losing to Man Utd.

Kane deserved his call up last March and he was given a role in his preferred position. Why wouldn't you do the same with the current in-form striker on a storming run?

I personally don't think Vardy will ever do well for England simply because he doesn't suit the slow, boring style of play. He thrives in our fast paced style and gets stifled for England, especially playing on the wing. As much as I want him to play for England and do well for England as he deserves it, Im also selfish and would rather him get a rest and be fighting fit for Leicester. If he got injured for England we would be screwed, our whole game is pretty much based on him. I'm surprised Albrighton hasn't been given a chance for England. And I think Danny should get a chance if he keeps up his form

Vardy won't do it for England because they'll never try to utilise him. He'll be deemed an England flop and it's not even his own fault, and even though the evidence that he can score consistently at a good level is right in front of everyone's eyes.

He could have had even more than 12 goals this season.

Bet Hodgson was gutted when Vardy got up yesterday.

England's problem has long been that they make decisions on players being good enough and never waiver from that. Kane, Rooney, Wishere, Stones, Barkley, Alli, all at different stages of their career, but all guaranteed to be England regulars, regardless of form or fitness. Only a major injuries will keep them out (and sometimes even that doesn't.) The likes of Vardy, Shelvey, Bertrand etc, have to do ten times more just to get a sniff. We'll never get anywhere if players don't have to work hard and play well to earn their place in the team.

Hodgson has it backwards over Dier too. A players in a "lesser" team that's doing as well or better than someone in a "better" team is surely more worthy of a call up. Surely having better player (in Hodgson's eyes anyway) along side you makes your job easier, so your form is less impressive.

Perhaps the whole middle finger to the lino thing was to get him out of the England set up? I mean he's not gonna come out and say no I don't wanna play for England because he'd get slagged off to fuck but he must be massively frustrated at how he's being used.

I'm only joking of course and it's easy for me to say i'm not in the position but I think it's fair to say Vardy must be fucked off with the situation, especially as Woy has basically come out and said Vardy should be happy just to be in the set up regardless of how he's going to be used. Fuck right off Woy.

Even if vardy plays out wide, he can still have an impact if he's brave and leaves his position at times, like he did for the assist against Slovenia. Stuck to his position too much against Lithuania.

Needs to play selfishly at times.

And then get accused of drifting or not supporting his full back. Clearly had instructions to stay out wide

Goal of the month vote is open on the BBC website, is only open today. You can vote once, but you can vote once with each device, so I've just voted for Vardy on my laptop and my phone. Let's try and get him this, hopefully we'll be able to win it, although Sanchez will probably get it down to the hordes of Arsenal fans who vote in these kind of things.

England's problem is we have no footballing identity.

We aren't Van Gaal type side, possession and attrition, we aren't a Wenger type side pass and move try and score the perfect goal, or a Klopp, high energy high pressing, Guardiola, tiki taka, with quick pressing when lose the ball and then drop deep.

We don't play fast counter attacking football, we don't have a couple of super stars to build a team around, we just have a team of 11 decent players, who just go out and play football without any real direction or purpose safe in the knowledge we have better individuals than most nations in qualifying, but we also know we will never beat a top nation as we don't have any x factor.

That is why Hodgson prefers Kane, because he is what he is, a centre forward, you play him up front and hope he sticks one in, he doesn't really know how to get the best from Walcott, Vardy, Barkley, Lalana even Rooney and he is making the usual mistake of picking the best 11 English players and trying to get them to play his way (uninspired).

You have two options, decide how you want to play and pick the best players for that formation, or pick your best players and find the formation that suits them. This is so evident with Vardy, if you are not going to play him in a way that allows him to run in behind and exploit the space behind defenders, just don't pick him, there are better left wingers out there, you would be better off picking Albrighton if you want someone to play like that.

That's not say Vardy has to play up front, he can play wide left as long as he is given license to play on the shoulder of the last defender and the midfield look for the ball in behind for him to run on to.

Well it's all over the thread so I'm pretty sure nothing's happened to it

Why are people moaning about Vardy not getting into the team then (even though he is ) they should be happy or at least indifferent.

Archived