Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

If it happened I'd feel proud seeing him in Barca shirt. It would be the first time a Leicester player has gone "kinda galactico" directly from the club which says amazing things about where we are today.

Who wouldn't want him to stay... but even if we won the title, have C.L. footy, and Vardy and the lads were pleading with him on their knees for one more year, I think he should follow his boyhood dream. It may only come the once.

If Barca come for him seriously, he will go. He would be a fool not to. We can only offer possibilities, they can offer certainties at best and probabilities at worse. Its a cruel world but I suspect we would all do the same given the chance.

Not so. We can offer him the certainty of game time. Barca can only offer him the possibility of the bench.

I know I'll never be able to show my face in Leicester ever again, but as good as he has been for us... he isn't 'Barcelona good"

I can understand why you think this, but he can beat defenders for fun at times, and how good do you have to be when your playing in a side that see's so much of the ball and has messi, neymar, iniestia and saurez for company? Of course he will lose possession at times.

The only issue maybe, playing time.

I can understand why you think this, but he can beat defenders for fun at times, and how good do you have to be when your playing in a side that see's so much of the ball and has messi, neymar, iniestia and saurez for company? Of course he will lose possession at times.

The only issue maybe, playing time.

I'm sure you've seen Barca play so who would Mahrez dislodge?  There are only two positions that he would play in their system, Left or Right attacking forward and I can't see him taking those spots or even adding competition to those players.  Footballers have huge egos but surely Riyad can't think he displace those two.

Pedro and Sanchez left Barca as they were getting no game time, that should tell Riyad all he needs to know about joining Barcelona.

I'm sure you've seen Barca play so who would Mahrez dislodge? There are only two positions that he would play in their system, Left or Right attacking forward

and I can't see him taking those spots or even adding competition to those players. Footballers have huge egos but surely Riyad can't think he displace those two.

Pedro and Sanchez left Barca as they were getting no game time, that should tell Riyad all he needs to know about joining Barcelona.

Yep, that's how I see it exactly and currently he's not good enough to play ahead of those individuals. If he spends a further season with us at least he stands a chance of Champions league football (should we qualify). However he also runs the risk of not having as good a second season or being found out at what would be a higher level for him. I wish him the best whatever he choses but it would be great to see our current crop in tact with a couple of additions having a real go in Europe. I must confess however that I'd be more bothered if it was Kante they were interested in!

I'm sure you've seen Barca play so who would Mahrez dislodge?  There are only two positions that he would play in their system, Left or Right attacking forward and I can't see him taking those spots or even adding competition to those players.  Footballers have huge egos but surely Riyad can't think he displace those two.

Hence why I said playing time maybe an issue.

But you could understand why Barca maybe interested in him, good option if you want to rest Neymar or Messi on occasions, I guess the question is, do Barca have another kid coming through who can do that job, if so, then unless Mahrez wants to sit on a bench rather than play, then for football reasons he would be mad to leave.

For the lifestyle, climate, etc, then why wouldn't you.

Real/Barca: If they're in, fair enough, but he'll just be another pawn in the chairman merry-go-round marquee signing rubbish that goes on in their league-blamed when they lose, ignored when they win, and replaced in two years when they need another name. Worth a punt if he fancies them on his CV, but almost any attacking player is chewed up and spat out there, and Barca's stars have several years left.

No point going to Bayern or PSG, it's just shooting fish in a barrel.

Italy has a more interesting league, but I don't think he's suited to the Italian super-conservative possession style. Maybe the most likely destination if he does decide to move though.

England: well, realistically we have three of the best players in the league in their positions, plus three or four more in the upper echelons that no one here would want to replace. With three or four good new players (as well as improving Gray and incoming Amartey), we're ready to continue competing with anyone in this division, even at their best. He could go to a club with more depth, but that just means more bench time, and there's no guarantee they'll suit his talents.

Following Wenger's comments about having to sign expensive players, I think he'd be wise to stay with us another year, win the Champion's League and then when he is signed as like for like with Ronaldo for megabucks he will have the profile to walk straight into their first team all the time.

I would be happy if we sold him to Barca in the summer, but only if they loan him back to us for the next season.

Can't blame him for wanting to go to Barca, but it would be great to get another season out of him, especially as we will most likely be in Europe.

£20m... Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Mangala £42m

Ottamendi £28.5

Sterling £50m

Schneiderlin £27

Martial £36

Benteke £32.5

Firmino £29

Lalana £25

Cuadrado £27

Willian £30

You do not buy someone like Mahrez for £20m in this day and age when he's performing at this level.

Well we don't actually know if he has a release clause in his contract. If it gets renegotiated at the end of the season, I would not be surprised if he got one implemented.

Archived