Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I would be happy if we sold him to Barca in the summer, but only if they loan him back to us for the next season.

Can't blame him for wanting to go to Barca, but it would be great to get another season out of him, especially as we will most likely be in Europe.

Might as well get a bet on and make some money out of it .....    but if he stays, fantastic ! ...    win win.     :thumbup:

Well we don't actually know if he has a release clause in his contract. If it gets renegotiated at the end of the season, I would not be surprised if he got one implemented.

I would say that's highly unlikely, people who have them don't tend to keep them secret (at least their agents don't). It's also not a massively done thing in this country like it is abroad.

He most definitely is good enough for Real Madrid. In a team of stat padders and selfishness, Mahrez would thrive as the playmaker. They got rid of Ozil and his place still hasn't been efficiently filled. Perfect fot for Real if you ask me, but he would choose Barcelona. And they seem confident of using the MSN trio for as long as possible.

I would say that's highly unlikely, people who have them don't tend to keep them secret (at least their agents don't). It's also not a massively done thing in this country like it is abroad.

Maybe so, but then "gentlemen's agreements" aren't that rare.

The main reason people think he isn't good enough for Barca is probably because he plays for us. If he played for Man city or Arsenal and was playing for them like he has been for us this year there'd be no doubts about his quality as a top player

No, the main reason is that they have the best forward line in the world. He would make up the numbers there, which doesn't mean he's not a top player, he's just not as good as any of those three.

The main reason people think he isn't good enough for Barca is probably because he plays for us. If he played for Man city or Arsenal and was playing for them like he has been for us this year there'd be no doubts about his quality as a top player

He's not there yet but will be after a season of playing at the next level with us.

If he went, and this is all based on conjecture, the only games he would start is the cup and a few off the bench.  They have wingers that will wait as well as Arda Turan, Christian Tello(on loan at Porto) and a young lad from the academy who is getting games called Munir. 

Is he good enough for their squad, yes.  Is he good enough for their first team, no.  We all love Mahrez and knew he had something special since the goal against Blackpool but you are kidding yourself if you think he is first team Barca standard.

We are talking as if he's already been sold.  I really think he wont be going anywhere.  I would begrudge him leaving as he is our best player, especially if it's to a team that wont be playing him.  I don't want the club to sell him and don't get the impression that they would.  They want to build our club and players like Mahrez are the way you go about it.  We need to upgrade around him not cash in.

Nope, it's because the best three footballers in the world atm currently play for them.

Now, I see it from another angle. People only think he's good enough because he plays for us.

What was that lad that played for Spurs, Taarabt or something. Now this fella was supposed to be the new 'greatest player' and while I'm sure he's making a decent career for himself and earning plenty of money, he was never quite in the class that people expected him to be. I think the same will happen to Mahrez if he gets his big move. He'll end up in one of those 'Whatever happened to...' articles alongside Freddy Adu!

no it's because he plays the same role as Leo Messi

Without reading the topic too much, my thoughts are that Mahrez' agent will have a bit of a tough time of it.

I have a feeling that Riyad would definately go to Barca, but to Barca only. Even if he wasn't guaranteed first team football. They are his heroes after all.

I personally would not begrudge him the chance to play for his boyhood Idols but only them, and would be disappointed in him if he went anywhere else.

A decent buy-back clause is essential if he goes to Barca.

His agent seems to be touting him about a bit according to quotes of his in the press, just doing what agents do I guess ( no fees if static)

His agent lives with him here also with his brothers

Sounds a lot like the Nicolas Anelka situation and we all know how that turned out, family getting too involved in a players situation is never a good thing.

Nobody would begrudge Riyad for wanting to play for Barca, but it would leave a bad taste in the mouth if he didn't play one more season with us and in Europe for us.

If he is confident enough in himself, Barca will still be interested after next season if his performance levels stay up, and he will have more chance of breaking into the first team with Suarez and Messi being a year older.

Jamie and N'Golo seem to definitely be staying so hopefully he will follow suit and play his part in keeping the team together.

It makes me laugh when the price quoted by the press is £20m-£25m.

Considering the assists and goals he had this season if he played for one of the big six the price quoted would be nearer £100m.

It's like it's too much money for us to refuse and we wet our knickers at the thought of such money without considering we may pay a similar fee for someone like Musa who no doubt wouldn't be as good as Mahrez.

****ing hell you lot, did I say Mahrez would get in Barcas first team, or ahead of Messi? No I didn't. My point is that Mahrez is probably underrated or overlooked as a big player simply because he plays for us, I didn't say he was better than Messi.

****-ing-hell

Archived